Our sister sites
Our sister sites
Borderdawn
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

18-03-2007, 05:39 PM

Orange mobile help please.

Can anyone help?
About 3wks ago I cancelled my contract with Orange and asked to be put back to pay as you go. They did this and on Friday I got the new SIM etc.. I registered it etc.. but cannot top the balance up. I registered the top up card at the time I did the SIM but it says not registered when I try to use it and when I speak to Orange their flippin customer service machine says number not phone number not recognised!! People have text and phoned me today and I have phoned and texed other so I know its working, any suggestions?
Dawn.
Mahooli
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

18-03-2007, 08:34 PM
Try going through their automated service for using top up by debit card see if that works. Have you sent a text to Orange asking for a balance? If you get one back then you know it's working.
Becky
Borderdawn
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

18-03-2007, 09:06 PM
I did Becky, it takes my security number then says "sorry we cany progress any further with your request" nIm going to try again now, wish me luck!
Dawn.
Mahooli
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

19-03-2007, 08:45 AM
Did it work?
Becky
Borderdawn
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

19-03-2007, 09:35 AM
Yes Becky eventually! Got to get another card though to top up with, they said it was an invalid number, yet they sent it to me!
Dawn.
Mahooli
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

19-03-2007, 09:50 AM
Oh well glad it seems to be sorted now. Have to say much prefer pay as you go!
Becky
crazycockers
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

19-03-2007, 11:09 AM
Don't talk to me about Orange.....I'm now not paying my bills until they sort out the problem I have outstanding with them. They offered me a FREE upgrade, for the same price more minutes etc. but failed to tell me this was a new contract and my first one still has 6 months left on it, so I have to pay nearly £80 a month now for 2 contracts!!

Although the text came through offering the upgrade, they failed to tell us that they were a third party and not orange....a company called ALBASAVE

We also had trouble topping up our daughters PAYG phone when she was in America at Christmas
Mahooli
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

19-03-2007, 12:57 PM
Well it isn't Orange's fault that someone rang without informing you who they were. There must be some legal redress for that?
Becky
crazycockers
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

19-03-2007, 01:52 PM
BUT orange passed on our details to a third party when we ticked the box asking them NOT to, so at the moment neither are getting their money.

So Orange are probably more to blame than Albasave
Borderdawn
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

19-03-2007, 05:20 PM
I must admit till now i have never had a problem with Orange at all, I have been with them for years.
Dawn.