Our sister sites
Our sister sites
Our sister sites
Kazz
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

27-04-2019, 02:42 PM
Afternoon all.

For the first time in I cannot recall how many years I walked Gert without taking my phone no one now with immediate health worries/concerns to keep an eye on it was therapeutic but can't seem to relax - also referred to coroner's office as my Aunt passed away in sleep although multiple ongoing health issue each of which could cause death, there was no warning so hospital doctors cannot go forward alone need coroners review hopefully that's all it is and not a post mortem. So we cannot move forward at all.

Anyhow on a brighter note it raining and windy here. Having pork chops new potatoes and green beans for dinner. Also when the funeral has happened and the flat is packed up I am having a holiday in the sun then returning to work get some routine in my life feel a bit "at a loose end" and starting to think oh tomorrow will do and getting nothing done.

Losos have you done anymore about another doggie companion?

Lynn sure your pal will be with you for a few years yet.

Griff hope the house has blown away to Oz for you.....LOL …….I must of missed something about Steve's work.

Moyra Have a good day.

Sue I am decorating Mom's room but sort of stopped when Aunt taken poorly, hence my saying I am putting off things. What are you thinking of doing? painting - new units?

Chris Good luck I battled the weather and came back with frozen ears must get my hat out again.

Brenda I have travelled solo and loved it never organised group just booked and off been to Tunisia - Egypt - Italy - Jersey but you do need to appear confident or you get a "well meaning group/couple who try to adopt you" LOL other than that come with me before I set off to work again LOL My thoughts would be look for something you enjoy doing ie cooking/painting/walking and go on a holiday with that theme you would find a common interest in the group.

To everyone have a good day just popping the chop in.
griff
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

27-04-2019, 03:40 PM
Kazz, I hope the coroner can sort things out quickly for you. Steve's work...well, he submitted a fit note from the Dr saying mornings...he has been having lates, split shifts..twice a week and they made him work 9 days in a row ( usually a max of 7). He still has plantar fascitis in his right foot and has very bad osteoarthritis in his left ankle so struggling to walk. He called me yesterday morning saying he had tried the Dr but they don't open until 8.30 and he was driving so wouldn't get chance to call for an appointment... could I do it, so I called and the Dr called me back and said to go down after 4, he told work he was booking off after his first half of his shift...the fella in the office started going on that Steve should make the appointment in his own time...he had tried but you can't book in advance, the guy in the office was saying yes you can and luckily a few others said that their drs are the same...ring and they will see you on the day. He saw the Dr and I asked for a compliments slip to prove he had been seen, the Dr gave him a print out of his medical history to support his request for an adjustment in his working pattern, that's when I saw he had had cancer twice. I am sure they will turn down his application for morning shifts but we will take it to appeal as the boss allows his cousin to work mornings permanently and there's no reason for it
Kazz
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

27-04-2019, 04:18 PM
Oh that's a bit naughty he has set a precedent hasn't he. What's good for the goose as they say.
Kazz
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

27-04-2019, 04:19 PM
Just had dinner change to plan fancied chips so had home cooked chips rice pork chop and beetroot. Really enjoyed it. Trying to get myself into a routine again so dinner between 5-6 and actually cook something not graze through the day or takeaway option.
griff
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

27-04-2019, 05:12 PM
Good for you Kazz, I won't cook anything if it's just me... well very rarely.
There's the little favourites in the bus garage and a lot of racism too, the manager is Asian and he takes good care of his cousins etc. When he was off it was completely different and things were fair, now he's back... it's gone back to how it was
Kazz
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

27-04-2019, 06:24 PM
Has he thought of doing something else or changing driving career?
Losos
Fondly Remembered
Male 

27-04-2019, 06:40 PM
Originally Posted by Kazz View Post

So sorry to read about your Aunt, even 'tho you said she had several health problems it's still a shock, hope a PM will not be necessary. My thoughts are with you.

Losos have you done anymore about another doggie companion?

Well as it happens we were back at the Dogs Trust today I've written a long(ish) report on yesterdays thread if you have time to read it. Thanks for asking and will keep you all updated as soon as there is anything good to report

I also read your comment:-
"I thought we said we would not speak about that meeting Losos….LOL"

Well, you've blown it now sunshine, how am I going to get of that now all of Dogsey knows
griff
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

27-04-2019, 07:10 PM
Kazz, Steve has no qualifications and has to pay for a 2 bedroom house on his own so nothing else pays enough for him to keep the house. He shouldn't have to leave his job because of the colour of his skin, everybody should be treated equally and he can ask for an adjustment of his working pattern...if it's refused I will be getting him to request it under the equality act 2010 as he has a disability
Harvey, I hope you find a dog you like soon...do you have a type in mind? My friend runs a rescue and regimes all over the country, she has a beautiful hound type dog in...I think he is saluki cross or something. Don't know if you do Fbook but it's under Jan's dog rescue
Losos
Fondly Remembered
Male 

27-04-2019, 08:05 PM
Originally Posted by griff View Post
Don't know if you do Fbook but it's under Jan's dog rescue

I don't do FB, couldn't get on with the way it was set up, could never work out who I was talking to anyway there are plenty of rescues around, some good, some not so good, the Dogs Trust is reputable and they do look after the dogs in their care very well, but being a large public facing organisation they have to be so careful about who they allow to take a dog from them and that creates problems.
Losos
Fondly Remembered
Male 

27-04-2019, 08:07 PM
Originally Posted by griff View Post
the manager is Asian and he takes good care of his cousins etc.

Now why doesn't that surprise me
Page 2 of 3 < 1 2 3 >