Our sister sites
Our sister sites
Our sister sites
Miss Potter
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

09-12-2005, 08:42 PM

Almost £500 vet bills in 4 weeks!

The vets down here are going to have a great christmas!
In the last 4 weeks I have paid almost £500 in vets bills! Dont get me wrong, I dont begrudge them a penny! The girls are worth every single penny! It just happened all at once!
I have had 2 cat and 1 dog injections (boosters). Poor old Sash (Goldie 11yrs) has needed x-rays and medication after being diagnosed with severe arthritis! Potter has had a tumour removed from leg (all went well, just waiting for biopsy results). Pooh is off to vets in the morning. She is not 'right'. Do you know what I mean? She is very quiet, not moving much and basically looks poorly and not her usual self. She is eating fine and tum not upset. Maybe I am being neurotic, but I would rather that than her suffer.
Deccy
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

09-12-2005, 08:49 PM
Wow! I'm glad I don't live there!
Over here, annual check up and booster plus wormers around €22 (£14?) for a dog. You can buy the same wormers and flea drops in the chemists in town too. They will split packs so you can have the number you want and not have to buy a whole box.
My most expensive time was a dog at the animal hospital for 2 weeks as an in-patient, X-rays, antibiotics (injectable) he was on a drip for 5 days, all major organs function tested, blood tests, TLC from the nurses and food......
€420 (about £260). A fortune I thought, but maybe not!
Olly
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

09-12-2005, 09:05 PM
phew !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! and all just befor christmas too rather you than me, hope the vets have a great christmas
Meg
Supervisor
Female  Diamond Supporter 

09-12-2005, 09:33 PM
Aw Miss Potter that is dreadful, don't you have any insurance..
I have been wondering how Pooh was getting on
enerosar
Dogsey Senior
Female 

09-12-2005, 09:39 PM
OUCH that will hurt the back pocket at the best of times, never mind just before Christmas. Everything always comes at once doesnt it. I have 2 due boosters but I know when I take them somthing else will happen it always does. But like you say our dogs/pets are worth it. When Barney was taken into the hospital (liverpool vet hosp) the other week on the letter it said a £300 (or might of been £500) deposit needs to be left and thats before they even do anything. Luckily hes coverd on his trial, if he wasnt we would of found the money from somwhere.

Hope Pooh is ok.
Miss Potter
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

09-12-2005, 10:40 PM
Originally Posted by Minihaha
Aw Miss Potter that is dreadful, don't you have any insurance..
I have been wondering how Pooh was getting on
The only dog I have insured is fine! Sods law! I used to have them all (cats and dogs)insured, but it was costing me over £70/ month and the bills were always just over or under the excess.
The main cost was 2 general aneasthetics. Potters op cost £103, which I didnt think was too bad. Sasha's x-rays were the worst! £127 for x-rays and £47 for meds (1 mnths supply) But luckily all went well and both are much happier and recovering well!
I am going to put a post about Pooh in the behaviour section. Am having a problem with agression (both to me and the other dogs). On the whole though, Pooh is looking happier and more healthy! Thankyou!
Meg
Supervisor
Female  Diamond Supporter 

09-12-2005, 10:49 PM
Originally Posted by Miss Potter
The only dog I have insured is fine! Sods law! I used to have them all (cats and dogs)insured, but it was costing me over £70/ month and the bills were always just over or under the excess.
The main cost was 2 general aneasthetics. Potters op cost £103, which I didnt think was too bad. Sasha's x-rays were the worst! £127 for x-rays and £47 for meds (1 mnths supply) But luckily all went well and both are much happier and recovering well!
I am going to put a post about Pooh in the behaviour section. Am having a problem with agression (both to me and the other dogs). On the whole though, Pooh is looking happier and more healthy! Thankyou!
oh dear Miss P ...what a lot of money,
sorry you are still having problems with Pooh
Pita
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

10-12-2005, 07:53 AM
It's strange how you do not need the vet for months and then it seems you are there every other day. Have to say my sister who at one time owned 7 Newfies, 6 sheep, 2 pigs and a varying number of chickens and geese (dependent of Mr Fox) plus a number of cats, always had huge bills every month, so bad I could have run my home on less. Now she has moved to Spain I bet they miss her almost as much as I do.
Hevvur
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

10-12-2005, 09:06 AM
Just worked teagans vets bills out since September....£3293.24!
Luckily I am insured! Although I have had to pay some of that out first and claim it back!!!
Lorraine(bws)
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

10-12-2005, 09:38 AM
I know its awful when the bills are high ,you feel as if there should be a brick named in your honour lol
Page 1 of 2 1 2 >