Our sister sites
Our sister sites
Our sister sites
Moyra
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

01-10-2019, 05:52 AM

Daily Thread, Tuesday, 1st October, 2019

Good morning folks, I trust you and your four legged friends are all in fine fettle. Have a good day all stay warm and dry and above all things safe and well, God bless.
brenda1
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

01-10-2019, 07:05 AM
Morning Moyra. You are an early bird. Hope you have a good day as well. Rained heavily just now but has cleared again for a bit and sun trying to come out. Have a good day everyone. Oh yes had a chiff chaff in the garden yesterday. Not had one before, at least not that I have seen.
Lynn
Dogsey Veteran
Female  Gold Supporter 

01-10-2019, 07:07 AM
Morning Moyra and all to follow.
Well what a wet evening it was last night. Thankfully drying out underfoot this morning.

Pinch and a punch for the first of the month. October already.

Lots of deliveries today, Ocado shop later, bird food and food for Dillon.
Other than that just the normal here.

Harvey hope you are doing ok after chemo yesterday.

Hoping everyone else and all four legged friends are well today.
Lynn
Dogsey Veteran
Female  Gold Supporter 

01-10-2019, 07:08 AM
Morning brenda you hopped on while I was typing.
Sue L
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

01-10-2019, 07:37 AM
Good morning Moura, Lynn, Brenda and all who follow

Hope all deliveries arrive ok Lynn

Hope chemo went ok Harvey and you don't feel too bad

New cooker being delivered today just waiting for phone call to say they are on their way. Rained over night but dry first thing so we had a dry walk. Now raining yet again.

Son's dentist appointment went well looks like he only needs one filling which is booked in for Friday. Also had notification from the pet insurance company that they won't be paying out because I was told to spay Teazle back in 2015 because she was having a phantom and therefore my fault for not obeying the vet Not going to renew when it is due blow them better off in my bank than their pocket. Never claimed before in nearly 10 years for her.

Hope all are well

Hae a good day and stay safe.
tumbleweed
Dogsey Veteran
Male 

01-10-2019, 09:14 AM
it has arrived and installed

Kazz
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

01-10-2019, 11:08 AM
Originally Posted by tumbleweed View Post
it has arrived and installed

Wow that looks fantastic.
Chris
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

01-10-2019, 11:37 AM
Good afternoon all

Wet, wet, wet. We got drenched while out for our walk this morning. Raincoats all round.

Gary had a blood test early doors so an early start this morning.

He's in a mood with me at the moment because he want's something doing on his computer that try as I might I can't find a way to do and I honestly doubt it can be done at all, but, of course, I'm to blame. He'll get over it in time

Love the new cooker. Very posh
Moyra
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

01-10-2019, 12:12 PM
The new cooker is lovely wish I had room in my tiny kitchen for something like that. I did in my little kitchen in Rochford but had to leave it behind when I moved. Do miss it.

Harvey, I forgot it was your further chemo day yesterday, so hope it was not too bad, I wish you better soon.
Losos
Fondly Remembered
Male 

01-10-2019, 05:19 PM
Hi all

Sue - A lot of people put a monthly sum aside for vet bills and after a while it builds up and as you say much better in your bank than theirs

When Zena came to us she had 60 days cover with some pet insurance firm I had never heard of, they also sent me a brochure but after reading all the 'not covered' vet expenses I honestly couldn't see anything that they would cover. I then had a phone call from them so I just told them "No thanks" which didn't go down well

We took Bruno to the vet today because he's still not doing his poohs. She checked his tummy and confirmed he is a bit sensitive in part of the bowel, so he's on Lactulose three times a day, if that doesn't work he may need an X-ray.

Griff - Thank you for the offer of high fibre food, that's really nice of you but like you say it might last long he's a big boy and even when he's not eating normally he still polishes of a fair bit I am going to have another go at subscribing using a different card which I don't normally use but worth a try. Just have to psych myself up to do it

Thanks for all your good wishes ref. yestrdays chemo. I get five days supply of steroids to mitigate the effects so I'm OK now, but end of this week will be the start of 'down' phase.