Our sister sites
Our sister sites
nero
Dogsey Veteran
Male 

05-08-2007, 04:40 PM

iomega zip drives

Does anyone still have a zip drive ?

I had to dig an old one out of my arhives box, so I can transfer pics from 1 PC to the other.

This is because in their misguided wisdom, sony don't have the software to read memory sticks on dual core processors.

It's a bummer aint it.
dejavu
Dogsey Junior
Male 

05-08-2007, 05:10 PM
Hi nero, I remember the old zip drives but never used one...

I'm wondering why you would need software from sony to read your memory sticks using your dual core cpu?, xp or vista should be quite happy to read/display images or files on any memory card from any manufacturer no matter what cpu you use.
I have an Intel core 2 duo E6850 cpu and have no problem using sony memory sticks including memory stick duo on my Akasa card reader.
nero
Dogsey Veteran
Male 

05-08-2007, 05:17 PM
Originally Posted by dejavu View Post
Hi nero, I remember the old zip drives but never used one...

I'm wondering why you would need software from sony to read your memory sticks using your dual core cpu?, xp or vista should be quite happy to read/display images or files on any memory card from any manufacturer no matter what cpu you use.
I have an Intel core 2 duo E6850 cpu and have no problem using sony memory sticks including memory stick duo on my Akasa card reader.
Hi DJ, it's a sony mavica camera with memory stick adapter, the camera is 8yrs old, I only use it for quick snapshots, it saves using the canon 350d I also have.
If you go on sony site, have a look, vista is'nt even quoted for a lot sony cameras.
dejavu
Dogsey Junior
Male 

05-08-2007, 05:51 PM
Hi again nero, it does not matter if your camera is not supported under vista's hardware list unless your only option is to connect it to your pc via usb cable..But if you have a card reader on your pc then you just insert your memory card and vista will recognise it...I'm sure you know that anyway so I take it you dont have a card reader?

I never connect my canon 400d to the pc using usb cable( even for firmware updates) its much easier and quicker just taking out the cf card and sticking it in the card reader to transfer files..