Our sister sites
Our sister sites
Our sister sites
zoeybeau1
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

23-11-2007, 03:19 PM
Originally Posted by Paddywack View Post
What?? members of the public don't buy puppies from breeders? I think they do. Are we talking on cross purposes here?
She's on about the greyhounds in which the thread started, try not to make people look dumb it usally backfires xx
Paddywack
Dogsey Senior
Female 

23-11-2007, 03:26 PM
Originally Posted by zoeybeau1 View Post
She's on about the greyhounds in which the thread started, try not to make people look dumb it usally backfires xx

-------------------------------------------------------------------
I think it's a great idea they're doing this with Greyhounds, it's just borderdawn's idea I think would be good too, for it to be done with breeders dogs that end up in rescue.
Borderdawn
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

23-11-2007, 03:31 PM
I think in an ideal world every dog would have an owner and there would be no need for welfare etc.. sadly thats not going to happen.

I would have no problem with the compulsary icrochip of every dog born, whereby the breeder and purchaser are listed on a database. Subsequent ownership can be changed but NOT breeders, therefore any dog ending up lost or in welfare etc.. the breeder could be contacted with a view to taking that dog back themselves. There are plently of doo gooders and those that are ignorant to chipping that simply do not bother to check and when they do, dont bother to contact registered owners etc... a breeder ID as far as I am concerned would give that person an opportunity to help the animal they bred.
zoeybeau1
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

23-11-2007, 03:37 PM
It would be great if we could name and shame breeders that refuse to take back there puppies, as without the breeder the pup would never be there, but unfortunaltey even breeders circumstances change, example a lady breeds several litters of gsd and out of them 6 end up in rescue the rescue call her and ask them to take the dogs back, and they say well we hit hard times sold up and now live in a 1 bedroom flat in liverpool.What happens then you put them on a name and shame register and get done for slander it just wont work, breeders know who the bad ones are and try to warn the joe public thats doing better good than trying to shame them imo xxzbxx
Thats what the r.s.p.c.a does.people will rescue animals its human nature for most of us,the fact some poeple abuse the situation is wrong and they have to live with that we'd best spend our time helping the ones we can and accepting that we cant change everyone.
bajaluna
Almost a Veteran
Female 

23-11-2007, 03:40 PM
Originally Posted by Paddywack
What?? members of the public don't buy puppies from breeders? I think they do. Are we talking on cross purposes here?
all the list would state is that one of their dogs ended up in rescue, whether they came from a puppy farm, back yards breeder or ethical breeder.
Originally Posted by Paddywack
I can't see how it would work with pet strays though, unless you were able to trace the breeder via microchip? It's different for greyhounds
I think would be good too, for it to be done with breeders dogs that end up in rescue.

I was talking about greyhounds what exactly are you on about
Paddywack
Dogsey Senior
Female 

23-11-2007, 03:41 PM
Originally Posted by bajaluna View Post

I was talking about greyhounds what exactly are you on about
Apologies, I've started another thread to prevent further confusion.
Annestaff
Supervisor
Female  Diamond Supporter 

23-11-2007, 06:27 PM
Please do NOT use Dogsey to name and shame anyone - this is against our terms of use. Anyone found doing so will be banned without question. You may only discuss the OP in this thread, and it has only been left to continue as it links to another site with details and they are not hosted on Dogsey itself.
leo
Dogsey Veteran
Male 

23-11-2007, 06:53 PM
As i said before, i am not a fan.
Just because people class it as a sport and has been going on for years doesn't mean people have to like it.
There are plenty of things to get involved in or watch without any type of animal being involved.
Maybe if dog racing was banned, there wouldn't be so many greyhound bred or needing new homes because they don't come up to the grade or past their best on the track.
I feel the same with horse racing, how young the horses are when they run and the way the trainers push them for that few extra seconds round the track. How many horse owners on here own ex racers? They end up in auctions going any where with any one for the right bid.
As for fox hunting, i don't see what pleasure can be gained in watching any animal being torn apart.Yes theres need for the numbers to be controlled but there are more humane ways of doing it.
If they want to give the dogs and horses a run fine, but theres no need to draw blood.

I can honestly say i have never betted on dogs or horses and i never will.
My team went to the races last yr as a day out, team building exercise, needless to say i didn't attend.
Borderdawn
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

23-11-2007, 06:54 PM
Originally Posted by Annestaff View Post
Please do NOT use Dogsey to name and shame anyone - this is against our terms of use. Anyone found doing so will be banned without question. You may only discuss the OP in this thread, and it has only been left to continue as it links to another site with details and they are not hosted on Dogsey itself.
Well thats been done via the links on the first page of this thread!
tumbleweed
Dogsey Veteran
Male 

23-11-2007, 09:50 PM
Obviously nobody on this thread has ever heard of Afghan Racing.
There is no money in it- no betting- nothing but letting the dogs onto a track for exercise and have a good run chasing a "hare".
At these meetings all breeds are welcome and the dogs really enjoy it.

Tumbleweed
Page 4 of 7 < 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 >