Our sister sites
Vodka Vixen
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

18-06-2010, 09:05 PM

Baby mouse help please!

Helloo Strangers!!

Wow i havent been on here for ages!!

Anyway....Mia discovered one of the cats playing with "a dead mouse" as i went to retrieve it, said "dead mouse" was actually "alive mouse" but its a tiny baby, mum (we think) was found by the back door minus her head

Well me being me couldnt just abandon the little thing and its now in a small mouse cage, I wasnt expecting it to live more than an hour or so.......that was about 4 hours ago!

Its still alive but thing is what do i do with it????? I havent seen it open its eyes so it must be very young, I have no idea how to try and keep the little fella alive...

Anyone know anything about baby mice?
Brundog
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

18-06-2010, 09:15 PM
no idea, but perhaps try some sugary water tonight, and then maybe kitten milk or something ??
sorry no idea what to suggest other than that.. keep it warm and cosy. maybe put it on a hot water bottle covered with a towel or something...
lore
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

18-06-2010, 09:51 PM
I would suggest something really mild like kitten milk too. Poor wee thing. The only other suggestion I have is contacting a wildlife hospital..naturally the only ones I can think of is Tiggywinkles or the people who are on TV with Wildlife SOS...Sorry
random
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

18-06-2010, 09:56 PM
Oh dear me, how big is it compared to an adult mouse? Half the size or less? Does it have all it's fur?

I'd suggest as Dani has, try and give it some warm sugar water, perhaps on a cotton bud depending how tiny it is and keep it warm, again, hot water bottle and towel good idea.

Tiggywinkles will be closed and all they have is that silly message. Maybe someone like zounds would be able to help as she breeds rats, try and PM her maybe? Best of luck.
DevilDogz
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

18-06-2010, 10:01 PM
If its hasnt opened its eyes then its going to still need hand feeding, so any milk that you would give to a pup or kitten is fine! sugar water is also good for energy.
Keeping it warms is very important to, and i would offer it food around every 2hours with something like a pipette, also will need toileting before and after food, that can be done with warm water on a cotton wool or cotton bud rubbing gentle over the tummy and around the bum area.
Hand feeding them is hard hard work, with most not making it! Good luck, i would have suggested tiggies, but seems there not being much help to anyone at the min!
Vodka Vixen
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

19-06-2010, 09:26 AM
Thanks everyone

Well we tried but the little fella didnt make it!

RIP little mousey xx
Brundog
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

19-06-2010, 09:34 AM
oh poor wee mousey, run free wee fella xxx
CuteRotts
Dogsey Senior
Female 

19-06-2010, 09:34 AM
Ah bless, well done you for trying x
DevilDogz