View our sister sites
Our sister sites
Our sister sites
Our sister sites
Borderdawn
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

15-04-2005, 05:43 AM
When a white was bred, the breeders purposely mated, mother to son, sister to brother etc... to reproduce it and finally she did!
Dawn.
doggy mad
Dogsey Senior
Female 

15-04-2005, 07:56 AM
<<but just because it shouldn't be bred and aren't 'normal' don't mean they are any different or cool in some way or another!!!>>>
sorry footy bird but cool is not how you should describe these dogs,
aggresive
deaf
blind
skin disorders
inter breeding to get this type of dog in my opinion is sick why would any one want to knowingly breed them and i feel really strongly that lady in a very well known kennel in england who imported a bitch to do just that shouldnt be allowed to do so and should not be allowed to call herself a breeder
but thats just my opinion
Charliefarley
Dogsey Junior
Female 

15-04-2005, 08:33 AM
Didn't she import a pregnant bitch from the states? I remember reading about it.
Motive has got to have been £££££
Borderdawn
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

15-04-2005, 08:47 AM
Yes, I believe, one returned to the breeder as having an unsuitable temperament, subsequently mated then shipped here. I think the story can be read on the website who's link was posted.
Dawn.
doggy mad
Dogsey Senior
Female 

15-04-2005, 02:28 PM
i read that on an american site must be 3 years ago or more now i wonder what happened to the bitch that was imported she must have had a litter by now.....i for one would advise anyone not to even think of buying pups
doggy mad
Dogsey Senior
Female 

15-04-2005, 02:56 PM
this is said article i find it unbeleivable...................................

An albino bitch was recently shipped in whelp to the United Kingdom, to the breeder Denise Harrison of Dobenar Kennels. This bitch, Phantom's Flaxen Lass (Flaxen), was bred by Lysa Rector (of Whispering Woods kennels). Flaxen had previously been placed in another home by Lysa Rector, on a breeding contract . However, she was returned to Lysa by the original contract holder, who reports that she found Flaxen to be of poor quality and not good breeding material. This person further reports that Flaxen had problems with both poor vision and extremely submissive behavior, in addition to being of poor conformation. After Flaxen was returned to Lysa she was then bred by Lysa, and shipped to Denise in whelp. (For confirmation of the original contract holder's findings, please contact me.)

Flaxen successfully whelped eight puppies while in quarantine. Four of these pups are albino; the other four are carriers of the albino trait. One of the albino pups, a male named Dobenar's Wonderfully Wicked, was exhibited at two Kennel Club shows in the UK.

The first show in which the pup was entered, the first weekend in July, 2000, was sponsored by the Clacton and District Canine Society Association. This was an "Open" show, which means that only pedigreed dogs can enter, but wins do not count towards a championship title and only the Best in Show and Best Puppy In Show winners gain qualification to be shown at Crufts. I'm guessing that this would be roughly equivalent to an AKC "fun match" or "sanctioned match".

It is important to note that, in the UK, the breed standard does not include any outright disqualifications. It simply describes desirable and undesirable traits. Because of that fact, the judge did not simply dismiss the white puppy outright. However, she placed him fourth -- out of a class of four. At the second show, the puppy showed under well-known judge Jimmy Richardson. Mr. Richardson also chose not to dismiss the puppy; however, at this show the pup did not place in a class of ten.

Here is the first judge's written critique of Dobenar's Wonderfully Wicked (in the UK, critiques are written for all dogs that place):

CLACTON & DISTRICT CANINE SOCIETY ASSOCIATION

TENDERING HUNDRED AGRICULTURAL SHOW - DOBERMANNS

[....critiques of other dogs have been removed....]

"JAY KERSHAW
---------------------
JUDGING THE WHITE.

Given that "white supporters" seem to enjoy, and indeed thrive on controversy, I was not going to allow them any emotion by witholding a place due to colour, (as you know, the KC have in their infinite (supportive) wisdom, registered whites without any official tracking mechanism), so I felt I had no choice but to judge the dog as fairly as I could bearing in mind that whilst 'white markings of any kind are highly undesirable', there are unfortunately no disqualifying faults' even though white is not in our breed standard! Ridiculous situation.

Placing the dog 4th was in NO WAY a reflection of quality, merely the fact that only 4 were present in the class. It also allowed me to draw my own conclusions instead of relying on other possible emotions and opinions.

The dog's name is Dobenar's Wonderfully Wicked, and he is the son of Phantom's Flaxen Lass (brought in to the UK in whelp). He is nearly 7 months old.

In my opinion, he is not a good specimen of the 'breed' (as we know it). He is large, over-sized and overweight even for a puppy. He was a little upright in shoulder and his overlay of shoulder was wide. His rear angulation was satisfactory although he didn't have much behind the tail, and fell off slightly at croup. He moved adequately with a fair stride but ran a bit close behind. His feet could have been tighter. He has complete and well laid dentition and good bite. He is cream coloured, with a thick coat and no clearly defined markings.

His eyes were small, tight and very pale pink colour with signs of blue (from what I could see), and he was definitely squinting hard against the light. Whilst it was a bright day, none of the other dogs appeared troubled by the light. He was ok about being gone over.

In all honesty and not to deliberately downgrade the dog, I felt quite sorry for him. He was obviously trotted out on a bright day to prove a point, that Denise Harrison has been the first UK exhibitor to successfully import, register and show a white dobermann. This is not a working dog and IMO, certainly not a dobermann. Despite the fact that he is white, he is not IMO a good enough standard to be shown.

I don't think Louis is so much turning in his grave, but spinning out of control!"
Footybird11
Dogsey Senior
Female 

15-04-2005, 05:18 PM
IM NOT SAYING THAT ITS A GOOD EXAMPLE OF THE BREED OR IT SHOULD BE OR HAVE BEEN BREED!!! And cool's prob not the word to describe it but that just happened to be the word that I came out with!!!
minty
Dogsey Senior
Male 

15-04-2005, 06:03 PM
Hi footybird i dont think anybody is getting at you at least i hope not you only put up the pic of the dog and i am glad you did because i have never seen a pic of an albino doberman before also it has given people reason to point out the health probs associated with these dogs and that can only be a good thing.......cheers
abbymum
Almost a Veteran
Female 

15-04-2005, 09:45 PM
I wasnt getting at you, its just a subject that upsets people who love this breed, I feel that people who breed this dogs do so for money and no other reason and that these irresponsible breeders shouldnt be allowed to own any aminal as they are not animal lovers. Im sure if it was you breed you would feel the same knowing some selfish BA****D was deliberatly harming the breed to line their own pockets.
Mary
Laura
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

15-04-2005, 09:49 PM
At least now a lot of people will realise these are more of a liability rather than a novelty. If anybody breeds from anything less than sub standard dogs they should not be breeding dogs at all.
Page 3 of 6 < 1 2 3 4 5 6 >