Our sister sites
Our sister sites
Our sister sites
scorpio
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

15-09-2007, 11:43 AM

Alfie & The New Car Cage

Last night I has put an advert on Freecycle as I had some tailgate dog guards that needed a new home, I also put a request in for a cage or tailgate that would fit the Picasso.

I received an email from a chap that had a cage which was too big for his Volvo, strangely enough he lives 5 minutes up the road and has an Irish Setter

The cage fits brilliantly in my car,almost made to measure, he has kept both the tailgates to see which one fits best and then will readvertise the other one, (quite pleased really as it gets them out of my way).

I went to collect it enroute to pick Alfie up, as you can see from the photos he really likes it in there (he loves laying in the car anyway).

Alfie screeched when he saw me arrive at Junes and continued screeching whilst I erected the cage, then he gave me a big hug and jumped into the cage and wasn't coming out for love nor money

I got him home and he jumped out the car, then, when he heard the others barking, jumped back into the cage and stayed there. I thought it best to leave him there if he felt safe and let the old codgers out so that he could see that no-one was going to hurt him. He has been in the lounge with us and had a good few sniffs, the oldies just wanted to kiss him all over. I left the back of the car open and he has, just this minute, taken himself off into it again. I'm not going to pressurise him to stay in with us, he can come and go as he pleases as, that way, he won't feel trapped or scared.

Fabey saw him and make more of a brrrrr noise that a grrrr noise, I told him to pack it in and he scooted back outside with his pigs ear.The good thing was that neither of them was hanging over the babydan baring their teeth at each other, and Alfie hasn't attempted to bite the others as they have been sniffing him. It will take him a while to relax I'm sure, but the first signs all seem positive to me, which is a huge relief

Here he is modelling the car cage, as you see it looks like it was made for my car, the thing on the side is the partition but I don't think I shall need it, my fat lumps wouldn't fit in if I did that, but it's handy to have should the rescue society need me to pick up and deliver any setters:

(ha ha, just spotted Bailey in the second photo, on the distant right hand side chomping away at his pigs ear )

kirstya72
Dogsey Senior
Female 

15-09-2007, 11:47 AM
Oh I'm so glad Alfie is home where he belongs! Hope everything continues well.

Doesn't he look right at home in there
scorpio
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

15-09-2007, 11:52 AM
Originally Posted by kirstya72 View Post
Oh I'm so glad Alfie is home where he belongs! Hope everything continues well.

Doesn't he look right at home in there
Thanks so much Kirsty As I mentioned, he does love the car and spends hours out there in it if I'm working outside so I'm happy to let him be in there if it feels like normal to him

It's wonderful to have him back home again
Lynn
Dogsey Veteran
Female  Gold Supporter 

15-09-2007, 11:55 AM
He looks very comfy in there.Bet you are glad he is home.
scorpio
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

15-09-2007, 12:00 PM
Originally Posted by Lynn View Post
He looks very comfy in there.Bet you are glad he is home.
Thanks Lynn, I'm overjoyed to have him back with us, he's having a cuddle with me at the moment
Mahooli
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

15-09-2007, 12:06 PM
Glad he's back, he really loves his new home lol!
Becky
scorpio
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

15-09-2007, 12:19 PM
Originally Posted by Mahooli View Post
Glad he's back, he really loves his new home lol!
Becky
Thanks Becky
Trixy
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

15-09-2007, 12:21 PM
What a sweetheart looks so adorable xx
scorpio
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

15-09-2007, 12:27 PM
Originally Posted by Trixy View Post
What a sweetheart looks so adorable xx
Thanks very much, it's great to have him back
Petticoat
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

15-09-2007, 12:28 PM
Aw!! Alfie look sooooo happy and contented, at home with his mummy again!!
Page 1 of 2 1 2 >