Our sister sites
Our sister sites
Our sister sites
brenda1
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

09-02-2023, 08:16 AM

Tinkering Thursday 9th February 2023

Morning all. Pleased to hear some good news Chris. I am continuing my tinkering today after yesterday moving stuff around. I hate clutter and although my friend Margaret says there isn't any I can see allsorts of things that are not in the right place for me. It's only taken two years. So I will continue with my mission. Hope you all have a good day and things improve for everyone.
Lynn
Dogsey Veteran
Female  Gold Supporter 

09-02-2023, 09:04 AM
Morning brenda and all to follow.
Sunny here again and a bit warmer no frost overnight.
Looking for a white sage smudge stick, I am going to try to clear all the negative energy that has built up around us.
I think the whole world could do with smudging at the moment.
I used one a couple of times when we lived in Fennels and things got very negative.
It did help.
I am going to have a go at making suet pellets for the birds today.
We took the Volvo to the park and ride yesterday an hour trip each way and the wheel stayed attached to the drive shaft. I think we're safe now.

Chris better news regarding your sister.
brenda I always find ways to de-clutter or move things around however long I have lived somewhere.
Sue hope your day is going well.
Kazz hope your day goes well too.
Sue L
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

09-02-2023, 10:21 AM
Good morning Brenda and Lynn

Enjoy your day tinkering Brenda

Good news about the Volvo hope all continue well with it.

Better news regarding your sister Chris so hope she is now on the road to a good recovery

Not so cold this morning on the school run, only -1 so 2 degrees warmer Nothing planned for this morning so pottering around is in order. Back again on the run this afternoon.

Take care everyone
brenda1
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

09-02-2023, 10:25 AM
Just had a scam phone call about Amazon trying to take money. Such a worry. I have reported it and checked account. Funnily enough I was talking about it last evening with Margaret as they had one. It's not the first time. But still worrying.
Kazz
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

09-02-2023, 11:45 AM
Good morning people

Work washing on the line, lovely day off for a potter around a garden centre or 1000…LOL
Have to clean my car I have been saying that for a while weeks in fact, but we shall see. Also a wander into the farm shop and possibly also into Costco as they have sketchers on at reasonable prices and my “membership” ends next month and to be honest I do not go in any more I shop better not cheaper and eat better so no need with just being me to buy bulk. And I enjoy shopping for my meals weekly.

Brenda I hope you are enjoying the day, I could de clutter loads but in cupboards its sort of out of sight out of mind.

Chris My best hopes and wishes are coming your way.

Sue How is your gardening coming on I am as I say off to the garden centre today inspiration.

Lynn Glad the cars are behaving. I am interested in the smudge stick thing can you explain a little please? I do believe that positivity breeds positive things, even if the way your life turns is not the way that you thought about your life going does not mean it is the way it was meant to go.

Okay writing gobbledegook now off out catch you all later have a great day people

Griff Moyra have a great day yourselves.
Kazz
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

09-02-2023, 11:47 AM
Originally Posted by brenda1 View Post
Just had a scam phone call about Amazon trying to take money. Such a worry. I have reported it and checked account. Funnily enough I was talking about it last evening with Margaret as they had one. It's not the first time. But still worrying.
A friend of mine Freda got a text on her mobile this morning
saying "Mom got to get a new phone number have been hacked" she texted their other halves and neither had lost their phones or changed numbers so another scam and then 2 hours later she had a text from a different number saying "Mom need you to transfer me £57.23 to here as blocked and need my new phone activated and old one closed down. So BEWARE
Lynn
Dogsey Veteran
Female  Gold Supporter 

09-02-2023, 12:48 PM
A smudge stick is white sage Kazz and you light it then blow it out so it leaves a not sure what you would call it but like a vapour I guess.
You slowly wave it around the threshold of doors and windows starting at the front door open, and any nooks and crannies and out towards the back door sending all the negative energy out of the house.
You can say a few words when doing it something along the lines of dispelling any negative energy in this house.
You can also wave it up and down your own body without touching it of course to help get rid of any negative energy you may be carrying yourself.
Edited to add if you use a smudge stick have a bowl or plate underneath to catch falling embers.

You can also buy the incense sticks or cones they smell nice and also supposedly give off a positive energy.

I love this kind of stuff and had forgotten about it to be honest and remembered this morning about the smudging sticks and thought I am going to do this again.

Lots of info if you google it.

The Amazon scam has been going around for a long while brenda they use to ring my landline.
I am very wary like yourself of so many things now.

Just caught up with Dillon's breeder one of her dogs had been unwell and due for an op today sadly instead of the op he has had to be put to sleep. He was 9.5 not related to Dillon.
Kazz
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

09-02-2023, 05:00 PM
Thanks Lynn I will I did not realise I was so interested till you posted maybe my life is changing from busy/on the go to on the go/thoughtful.

Sorry to hear about the passing of your acquaintances dog heard today my friend from SBT rescue lost her old girl she was a SBT and I think 19
Lynn
Dogsey Veteran
Female  Gold Supporter 

09-02-2023, 05:36 PM
Wow that was a good age Kazz.
So sad when they have to leave us.

I will admit I cried when I read Lynn's message.

We popped into town earlier and I bought some white sage incense cones. They smell lovely and hopefully start to remove the negative energy.
One each burnt at each end of the living room and one in each bedroom.
Smudge stick arriving tomorrow. Getting the big guns out.
Kazz
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

09-02-2023, 06:16 PM
Can I ask where did you buy them from Lynn?
Page 1 of 2 1 2 >