View our sister sites
Our sister sites
Our sister sites
Our sister sites
griff
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

08-08-2016, 01:09 PM
yeah Lynn, Mandy is right, you would thing if he wanted to keep hings how they are he would be a bit nicer to people and trying to calm the situation and not inflame things...bit of a div i think
Gnsher, that is great news about your hip and what a woderful way to practice Lol
Mandy, good for you...tell him straight.....you don't seem to be having much pain relief before the injection wears off
Bl**dy forgot red rock was on channel 2...will iplayer it, was busy cooking a chicken tagine....Steve seems to think that becuse i used to fix cars for a living, dress like a tomboy 99% of the time and am generally a little chav that i can't cook...i can, i am not bad actually...i have made him a chicken tagine in the slow cooker, my dad can try some if he wants but he isn't keen on morrocan food and Steve can come and pick the rest up tomorrow...i even remembered to get him a pack of cous cous as he won't have it Lol.
Had a bit of a break through today, his gsd is really thin, got him wormers for him to see if that is the problem and when i spoke to him today he was cooking them some chicken, i told him to put pasta in it but he was adamant the old lad wouldn't eat it....he cleared the whole flipping bowl!!!! i have suggested satin balls but not sure if he wants to try that or not but if the weight doesn't start going back on the dog is off to the vet
tawneywolf
Female  Gold Supporter 

08-08-2016, 01:56 PM
Griff, was that for removing the dew claw or what, £22 is for nothing really.Wish I was nearer, I'd change vets I've watched Red Rock, only because I thought to look see if it was on BBC2 and it was. Garden Rescue isn't on though shame because I was quite into that.
Everyone been out for a walk and was back for lunchtime news and then Red Rock. A friend phoned whilst I was out with Zen, so she got a slightly longer time in the park with the ball as I was doing a counselling session at the same time as rolling the ball for Zen, seemed to have achieved both pretty successfully and didn't roll the ball down the phone to my friend and counsel Zen Am I a multi tasker or what eh
Sun is now out, lousy start to the day, and it even started raining when I was out with Mabs and Kesh, although it was a very brief shower. Just managed to finish brekkies and the morning clean up before the rain came in again as well, wind is quite strong and blowey, well I thought that until I saw on the news there was an oil rig on the loose due to the winds in Scotland and they have had wind speeds up to 115 mph, hoping Norma doesn't get blown over on her birthday due to strong drink
Nice that Dillon behaved with the geese, mine would have probably tried to see if they tasted good. Is Joel coming back to you after his holiday, God knows how you must be feeling Lynn, I know I'm concerned for his long term welfare, you must be on the edge of reason by now.
Nikki, wonder you could get up off that sun lounger after all the drinking, or did you roll off
Sue L
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

08-08-2016, 02:23 PM
Good afternoon

Please Kota's paw is now ok and dew claw removed. She is a disaster waiting too happen Also good to see that you and Steve are on friendly terms and long may it continue.

Good that Joel's leg has healed well Lynn and hope he enjoys his week in Cornwall. I expect you will enjoy the peace for a week but also miss him.

Hope Steve doesn't annoy you tonight Moyra if he comes home in pain.

Pleased to see you and Brian are keeping well Nippy and alsthat Pepsi is now full of beans today.

Enjoy your few days in wales Gordon and god news on the health front and hopefully your kidney function will improve a lot more.

Naughty Kesh but she just wants a new home and has found that remodelling the old one is not working for her Its sounds as though your routine with her s helping her joints and hopefully she will son be her old self.

We were cruising round the Baltic Harvey and the water was like a mill pond plus mostly wall to wall sunshine.

Hello to all those I might have missed.

Been busy today . Teazle has been walked twice and have also done the monthly food shopping and put that away. Went out for lunch and now having a drink and trying to contact the next cruise company to upgrade our flights - so far it has taken 1.5 hours on the phone and still no answer
Lynn
Dogsey Veteran
Female  Gold Supporter 

08-08-2016, 02:26 PM
I think div is about right griff.
The tagine sounds nice never made one before will have to have a go, glad the gsd liked the chicken and pasta.
Yes he is coming back June if Owen comes we may be able to convince him to stay till the end of the holidays giving Mark more time to hopefully sort this self employed business out.
He is reading up and investigating avenues to see if he can get Joel and maybe housed too but at the moment we seem to be hitting lot of blanks.
Dillon was good had his head screwed on the wrong way most of the time.
Reckon a bold fox may get them first. as we know if hungry enough or have young they will show themselves during the day. Saw one all the time back in Harlow.
I think you get the multi tasker badge.
griff
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

08-08-2016, 02:51 PM
TW, the £22 is a consultation fee...the minimum other than nothing really, they took her claw off, stopped the blood and bandaged her up...so bargain in my eyes Lol, i am sure it is because i live in that place. Well done with managing to help your friend at the same time as entertaining Zen. I am right into that red rock now Lol...will be peeved when it finishes
Sue, my mum booked a cruise for 2018, going from the states around the arribean...the company just cancelled on her because they have had someone book out the whole ship!!! she has found another one though. I am pleased Steve and i are getting on...not sure how long it will last as he does p*ss me off sometimes Lol...mind you, i guess all friendships can be like that, apparently i am the nicest and kindest person he knows...what a lovely label to have...not! i am sure when he goes back to work that will be that but i have been there for him when he needed me so job done i guess
Lynn, i really hope Owen comes back with Joel, would be great if mark had a bit more time to try and get things sorted out. I hope his gsd starts to put weight on now...he really is a beautiful dog, well both are but i do have a thing for gsd's...i do luffs that dog
Gnasher
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

08-08-2016, 03:02 PM
Originally Posted by tawneywolf View Post
Griff, was that for removing the dew claw or what, £22 is for nothing really.Wish I was nearer, I'd change vets I've watched Red Rock, only because I thought to look see if it was on BBC2 and it was. Garden Rescue isn't on though shame because I was quite into that.
Everyone been out for a walk and was back for lunchtime news and then Red Rock. A friend phoned whilst I was out with Zen, so she got a slightly longer time in the park with the ball as I was doing a counselling session at the same time as rolling the ball for Zen, seemed to have achieved both pretty successfully and didn't roll the ball down the phone to my friend and counsel Zen Am I a multi tasker or what eh
Sun is now out, lousy start to the day, and it even started raining when I was out with Mabs and Kesh, although it was a very brief shower. Just managed to finish brekkies and the morning clean up before the rain came in again as well, wind is quite strong and blowey, well I thought that until I saw on the news there was an oil rig on the loose due to the winds in Scotland and they have had wind speeds up to 115 mph, hoping Norma doesn't get blown over on her birthday due to strong drink
Nice that Dillon behaved with the geese, mine would have probably tried to see if they tasted good. Is Joel coming back to you after his holiday, God knows how you must be feeling Lynn, I know I'm concerned for his long term welfare, you must be on the edge of reason by now.
Nikki, wonder you could get up off that sun lounger after all the drinking, or did you roll off
I did not roll off! I rose gracefully to my feet mainly using the muscles in my right thigh ...
tawneywolf
Female  Gold Supporter 

08-08-2016, 03:15 PM
Of course you did, the hidden ballerina in you coming to the fore I expect
griff
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

08-08-2016, 04:07 PM
Gnasher, the way i see it is if you end up in an upright position...doesn't matter how you got there Lol
just waiting for my dad to get back so i can force him into eating my cooking Lol
Lynn
Dogsey Veteran
Female  Gold Supporter 

08-08-2016, 04:36 PM
Just had the most interesting phone call.
We saw a subaru forester for sale in autotrader. Rang the number no one home he has just rung back.
Conversation goes I missed a call on this number. (Our number). Gorden really what's your number please ? Then you don't by any chance have a subaru for sale do you ?
Ah right we would like to come and view it is tonight ok about 8 ? Caller see you at 8 then.
Gorden well where is it ? Caller Cambridge. Gorden yes but where in Cambridge what's the address ? Caller I will text the postcode. this is on the landline.
Gorden now remember Gorden very rarely uses expletives he is f*****g mad. Mark he thinks that's a mobile.
Minute later phone goes he sent the text to the land line we have received them that way before and it seems the address too.
Could be an interesting evening.

Mark emailing the NSPCC I believe. For some advice not instructing them to do anything yet if at all also emailing the welfare officer at Joel's school possibly forwarding the email. We are not sure she will pick it up till September though but then you never know. He wants it kept confidential though as he needs to find out what will happen if he takes it further.
Gnasher
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

08-08-2016, 04:54 PM
Originally Posted by tawneywolf View Post
Of course you did, the hidden ballerina in you coming to the fore I expect
Anyone less like a graceful ballerina I cannot imagine!!

Nice of you to call me such though
Page 2 of 4 < 1 2 3 4 >