tawneywolf
Female  Gold Supporter 

03-08-2016, 05:49 PM
Yep, gone to meet his Maker, I suspect Down Below
Lynn
Dogsey Veteran
Female  Gold Supporter 

03-08-2016, 05:55 PM
Against Gorden's advice I have been fairly active politely though.
He is complaining the parish council are the demons he obviously doesn't know yet that the CC are on to him too.
I did mention they seem to be blaming the dog walkers and I am not keen on any kind of poop on my shoes to take home be that dog or goose and having been around geese and boats for many years know how messy they make the banks and that they do seem to apportioning the blame on the dog walkers.
He also states about the access and wheelchairs to be fair wheelchairs would of found the gravel difficult but as I pointed out not all disabled people use chairs so the trip hazard steps are not ideal for able bodied or disabled bodies. So I have mentioned in the beginning the gate was locked ? So we had to access the gap in the hedge he made.
There are about 1/2 dozen people supporting him and one suggesting he install a goat. I sincerely hope he doesn't.
Gnasher
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

03-08-2016, 06:25 PM
Originally Posted by tawneywolf View Post
Yep, gone to meet his Maker, I suspect Down Below
:mrgr een:
Gnasher
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

03-08-2016, 06:26 PM
Originally Posted by Lynn View Post
Against Gorden's advice I have been fairly active politely though.
He is complaining the parish council are the demons he obviously doesn't know yet that the CC are on to him too.
I did mention they seem to be blaming the dog walkers and I am not keen on any kind of poop on my shoes to take home be that dog or goose and having been around geese and boats for many years know how messy they make the banks and that they do seem to apportioning the blame on the dog walkers.
He also states about the access and wheelchairs to be fair wheelchairs would of found the gravel difficult but as I pointed out not all disabled people use chairs so the trip hazard steps are not ideal for able bodied or disabled bodies. So I have mentioned in the beginning the gate was locked ? So we had to access the gap in the hedge he made.
There are about 1/2 dozen people supporting him and one suggesting he install a goat. I sincerely hope he doesn't.
Personally I would rather face up to a rabid pitbull than a flock of geese! Bloody things are absolutely terrifying!!
Lynn
Dogsey Veteran
Female  Gold Supporter 

03-08-2016, 06:33 PM
Not these apparently they are hand reared and inquisitive. As of yet we have not had the pleasure of meeting them as we have kept well away.
We may take a walk along there at the weekend without Dillon to see how they are as we do not want him traumatised. Of course they may be fine with us and when we add Dillon into the equation it all goes pear shaped. We will be ready to make a hasty exit.
Someone advised a quick opening umbrella. He says he is offering lessons on how to react around them the only way I know is to outrun them not possible these days or not even go there.
Gnasher
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

03-08-2016, 07:10 PM
Usain Bolt would struggle to outrun a gaggle of geese!! They are extremely quick!!
tawneywolf
Female  Gold Supporter 

03-08-2016, 08:03 PM
Er...excuse me WHY should YOU have to outrun them. If they are offering any sort of threat to the general public (and I would hazardous a guess that the statement made would prove that) then they shouldn't be accessible. For instance if I said that about my girls, then immediately the whole of the Emergency Services would be at my door, plus the Council, claiming they were dangerous
Get a screen shot or copy of that particular posting and send it to the council and also the Ramblers Association and see what they say
Gnasher
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

03-08-2016, 08:12 PM
Originally Posted by tawneywolf View Post
Er...excuse me WHY should YOU have to outrun them. If they are offering any sort of threat to the general public (and I would hazardous a guess that the statement made would prove that) then they shouldn't be accessible. For instance if I said that about my girls, then immediately the whole of the Emergency Services would be at my door, plus the Council, claiming they were dangerous
Get a screen shot or copy of that particular posting and send it to the council and also the Ramblers Association and see what they say

Quite!! I am sick to the back teeth of all the anti-dog stuff that goes down at the moment
gordon mac
Dogsey Veteran
Male 

03-08-2016, 08:13 PM
Evening all you goose lovers out there! lol !
For the life of me I cannot see what is so worrying about geese - now if the footpath fool had installed a ton of beef in the form of a Welsh Black Bull - then caution would have been called for but a few hissing bundles of feathers! LOL !
Take a box of Paxo Stuffing with you and shake it at them - that'll have 'em worried sick!
Despite a miserable day of greyness and the odd bit of drizzle things have been on quite an even keel here, down the doc's for more bloods (the last now till a week tomorrow) and then walking the dogs with the Mem, went up round the highest point of the moor - never saw a soul, thankfully!
We have a good show of grouse this year, despite the wet weather earlier, which normally decimates broods. I think they know we don't shoot here! I just have to watch old Gypsy who will nail them before they get up off the ground if she isn't watched. She is the same with pheasant, but for some reason never tries to murder the ones that are near to the house, whether it is because she thinks they are some sort of chicken (which she ignores) or not, only she could say! lol !
Hope that everyone has had a decent day and that friends both four and two legged are all well, bye fer now.
Lynn
Dogsey Veteran
Female  Gold Supporter 

03-08-2016, 08:25 PM
I ain't no Usain Bolt so that's me done for.
June I know someone has mentioned if he keeps them as livestock if someone lets their dog off lead and it is in fact his property he has the right to shoot them. We are obviously responsible and keep Dillon on lead on the footpath and always have done.
Gordon wouldn't be surprised if that's the next addition.
If only I had thought I forgot the stuffing when I went shopping today.
What a good girl Gypsy is ignoring the grouse near the house. I'm a poet and didn't know it. Maybe it's a nearer the house thing if you're near the house your home too.
Page 3 of 6 < 1 2 3 4 5 6 >