Our sister sites
Our sister sites
Our sister sites
brenda1
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

23-02-2023, 07:30 AM

Thursday 23rd February 2023

Morning all. Have a good day. Grey sky here but they say brighter later. Hope you all have a bright day and all of those that are poorly feel brighter to.
Lynn
Dogsey Veteran
Female  Gold Supporter 

23-02-2023, 09:53 AM
Morning brenda and all to follow.
Weather up and down here. We had rain overnight but it has stopped raining but it is wet underfoot and the wind is very cold.
So instead of washing I am picking Bev and Boo up and we are off to a garden centre for a wander.

Would you believe we are still waiting for that monthly payment. Prudential wrote last week to say the money had gone over to Legal and General. Legal and General sent us a letter dated the 12th January saying it was all being processed and the payment would be made in 4 to 6 weeks.
Yesterday Gorden got an email from L&G stating they needed him to sign to agree with the final monthly figure that would be paid out. Today is their 6 weeks up but of course the email yesterday lets them off that hook. We are hoping it will not take them another 4 to 6 weeks.

brenda hope the computer is still behaving.
Sue hope your day is a calm one.
griff hope you are doing ok.
Kazz hope work and garden planning is going well.
brenda1
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

23-02-2023, 11:01 AM
Went into a shop this morning and pulled them up on their pricing. They weren't happy, I could tell by his manner. But if an item is priced £1.25 on the shelf and he says £1.35 by his till then no I will point it out. What do you think?
Sue L
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

23-02-2023, 11:08 AM
Good morning Brenda and Lynn

Hope you enjoy your trip round the garden centre Lynn

I agree Brenda, the price you see is the price you pay unless of course the till says less

Raining here first thing and quite cold on the school run but fortunately stopped raining by the time I got home so walked Teazle in the dry. Have made a chicken pasta bake for lunch. Back on duty this afternoon and evening. A friend of mine went shopping with her man friend who bought some Turkish delight for his sister. When they got home she saw that the best before date was the 30th January but they had still got it a the full price and no mention that it was out of date. So he is taking it back with a complaint.

Hope everyone who has not been well is now getting better.

Take care everyone
Chris
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

23-02-2023, 02:08 PM
Good afternoon all

A sunny day but that northerly wind is cold when you head into it

Finally, after 5 weeks, the company we bought the two new mobility scooters from have sent new and tested batteries. Whether they will sort out the problem is anyone's guess. Dave has just run them into town to have them fitted because, from experience, we know they are a bug**r to fit. That's another £10 to add to the ongoing problems taking it to £60 so far on scooters that are under guarantee because of an incompetent supplier. I'll never buy online again

The urine infection a bit better, sister is still improving, Dave has a blood test next month to check his glucose levels. My respiratory clinic assessment has been cancelled for Monday and moved to next month. I think we are all falling to bits
griff
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

23-02-2023, 09:46 PM
Brenda, our local premier are sh*TS for this shelf said £1.99 for sanitary towels.....I paid £3! I said to him but the shelf says that price and he said..... different item, bloody wasn't! I also don't like the fact they don't give you or even offer a receipt!
Lynn, I have found that you pay money in and nobody wants to give it back!
Sue, bet they get around it by saying that it's a "best before" and not use buy date
Chris, hope the batteries do the trick
I am doing o.k....plodding on lol. Going mental looking at cars
Chris
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

23-02-2023, 10:32 PM
Car buying is the worst. You know what you want and need and always end up with something less than perfect.

Gotta say I do love my little Panda, but with two scooters to go into the back of it, it's a tight squeeze. Been looking round for estate cars, but they are either way above our budget or just not right for us.. Not in any hurry so we wait until the right one (or as near as damn it comes along)