View our sister sites
Our sister sites
Our sister sites
Our sister sites
Benzmum
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

19-05-2009, 08:38 PM
Vicki I wantto give you reppies for your last few posts but it won't let me You are so right. Hugs to you and yours
random
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

19-05-2009, 08:38 PM
I think it could be a chemical imbalance or upbringing, sometimes people have a desire, but can control it, although not right of course, at least they can be treated or control it themselves and are not doing things to children. To think it and actually do it is another thing entirely and lacks control of the individual which I believe is due to environment, although both are very wrong. JMO.
Vicki
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

19-05-2009, 08:40 PM
Originally Posted by CheekyChihuahua View Post
Vicki, I don't know how you have coped. Seriously. I know I would probably do time if a man (or a woman), whoever he/she was, were to be inappropriate with my kids. There's no excuse for it. Never! To have it done by your Partner though, that's a double whammy. I hope your Daughter doesn't suffer the way my friend has (it was her Brother). It truly ruins lives. I think the problem for my friend was that her Brother denied it and the whole family split in two. The bad feeling has gone on for years and I think the Brother actually feels she's ruined his life by exposing what he did! It's really weird to get your head round I just know that anyone that has been abused needs so much understanding. At least your Daughter has you, like my friend had her Mum, who stuck by her through thick and thin Think of the poor kids whose families don't believe it when their kids say they've been abused. That must be sooooooo much worse for the child
I'm afraid it ruined her life - she was only 12, and now at 37 she still can't move on despite counselling.
The relationship between her and I is very fragile, to say the least, as she blames me in part.
As I said, he has a lot to answer for....
Brundog
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

19-05-2009, 08:40 PM
Originally Posted by CheekyChihuahua View Post
Vicki, I don't know how you have coped. Seriously. I know I would probably do time if a man (or a woman), whoever he/she was, were to be inappropriate with my kids. There's no excuse for it. Never! To have it done by your Partner though, that's a double whammy. I hope your Daughter doesn't suffer the way my friend has (it was her Brother). It truly ruins lives. I think the problem for my friend was that her Brother denied it and the whole family split in two. The bad feeling has gone on for years and I think the Brother actually feels she's ruined his life by exposing what he did! It's really weird to get your head round I just know that anyone that has been abused needs so much understanding. At least your Daughter has you, like my friend had her Mum, who stuck by her through thick and thin Think of the poor kids whose families don't believe it when their kids say they've been abused. That must be sooooooo much worse for the child

similar situation to the one i am aware of and sadly he was never prosecuted because it was his word against hers and then the family didnt tell the rest of the family, 10 years later in a fairly weird discussion it comes out that he did it with another family member who could have corroberated the first abused story and for him to be prosecuted. He meanwhile has gone on to have a baby girl with the new wife who knows nothing about it, and still no prosecution as still not enough evidence as so long ago..

pathetic isnt it, he has got away with it completely and still in utter denial!!
Brundog
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

19-05-2009, 08:42 PM
Originally Posted by Vicki View Post
I'm afraid it ruined her life - she was only 12, and now at 37 she still can't move on despite counselling.
The relationship between her and I is very fragile, to say the least, as she blames me in part.
so sad not just her life, but your relationship with your child. Its just not right and being at this end of it, you just cant ever forgive . well i certainly couldnt.
CheekyChihuahua
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

19-05-2009, 08:45 PM
That's strange (well not really probably the way it works) my friend blamed her Mum for many years. Moved out of home when she was fifteen. She swore her Mum knew it was happening. Tbh though, I have absolutely no doubt her Mum did not know. Her Mum is very protective and I think she'd have freaked to think her baby was being hurt like that! As soon as my friend told her Mum, her Mum went into action and stuck by her. Most of the rest of the family chose to believe it was a lie. Easier it deny the truth when the truth is a nightmare! I truly believe her Brother resents her for exposing him, for ruining his life. How sick is that. He can't even show compassion now, after ruining her life
Vicki
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

19-05-2009, 08:45 PM
In my case "he" spent two weeks on remand in Brixton Prison protected under Rule 42. That was the extent of the punishment. He was released providing he attended counselling at the Maudsley Hospital (famous) which we all did for weeks.

My poor daughter had to endure going over and over and over it. I am convinced now that this just traumatised her further.

At the end of the counselling "he" was declared cured.

We all moved back home....... 6 months later he started again. My daughter never told me as she didn't want to go through it all again (and who can blame her) but because we all moved back in together she blames me.

I think I have her silence to thank for the fact that I'm not doing time, but at a tremendous cost to us both, relationship-wise.

She finally told me 8 years ago.......
Brundog
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

19-05-2009, 08:47 PM
In my case "he" spent two weeks on remand in Brixton Prison protected under Rule 42. That was the extent of the punishment. He was released providing he attended counselling at the Maudsley Hospital (famous) which we all did for weeks.

My poor daughter had to endure going over and over and over it. I am convinced now that this just traumatised her further.

At the end of the counselling "he" was declared cured.

We all moved back home....... 6 months later he started again. My daughter never told me as she didn't want to go through it all again (and who can blame her) but because we all moved back in together she blames me.

I think I have her silence to thank for the fact that I'm not doing time, but at a tremendous cost to us both, relationship-wise.

She finally told me 8 years ago.......
awful just awful

(((hugs))))
random
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

19-05-2009, 08:48 PM
Oh Vicki I am so sorry how awful for it to happen at all let alone someone you love and trust hurting your child like that. x
CheekyChihuahua
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

19-05-2009, 08:52 PM
Originally Posted by Brundog View Post
similar situation to the one i am aware of and sadly he was never prosecuted because it was his word against hers and then the family didnt tell the rest of the family, 10 years later in a fairly weird discussion it comes out that he did it with another family member who could have corroberated the first abused story and for him to be prosecuted. He meanwhile has gone on to have a baby girl with the new wife who knows nothing about it, and still no prosecution as still not enough evidence as so long ago..

pathetic isnt it, he has got away with it completely and still in utter denial!!

Actually it's damned scary. How many of these people are out there, taking childrens' innocence and putting a cloud over the rest of their lives. I can't bear the thought of it happening to my kids. I know I'm a pain to them but I think better safe than sorry. I just don't trust people until I know them very well. However, reading this thread, how do you really know ever. It obviously must be so hard to tell what's in their minds

Actually, I have a cousin that I find very creepy. When we go to family parties, I watch him like a hawk. I feel bad inside, as I have absolutely no firm reason to not trust him but I just don't. He's just over-friendly and I just don't trust. It's bad I know. I've never said about my feelings to anyone but my OH (who thinks I'm way off the mark). It's sad that we have to be so careful because of some selfish people
Page 6 of 8 « First < 3 4 5 6 7 8 >