Our sister sites
Our sister sites
Our sister sites
Razcox
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

21-08-2008, 09:27 AM

P.S I love you

Has anyone seen this film? I watched it last night and OMG i have never cried so much at one film. It was a sweet and beautiful film but i was crying every 15 mins or so! It was soooooooooooo SAD.......
Vicki
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

21-08-2008, 10:07 AM
More info please..........

I love a good weepy
Razcox
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

21-08-2008, 10:38 AM
Well it started sad so i should have known really! Here is the plot summary i got of IMDb:

'Holly Kennedy is beautiful, smart and married to the love of her life - a passionate, funny, and impetuous Irishman named Gerry. So when Gerry's life is taken by an illness, it takes the life out of Holly. The only one who can help her is the person who is no longer there. Nobody knows Holly better than Gerry. So it's a good thing he planned ahead. Before he died, Gerry wrote Holly a series of letters that will guide her, not only through her grief, but in rediscovering herself. The first message arrives on Holly's 30th birthday in the form of a cake, and to her utter shock, a tape recording from Gerry, who proceeds to tell her to get out and "celebrate herself". In the weeks and months that follow, more letters from Gerry are delivered in surprising ways, each sending her on a new adventure and each signing off in the same way; P.S. I Love You. Holly's mother and best friends begin to worry that Gerry's letters are keeping Holly tied to the past, but in fact, each letter is pushing her further into a new future. With Gerry's words as her guide, Holly embarks on a journey of rediscovery in a story about marriage, friendship and how a love so strong can turn the finality of death into a new beginning for life.'

I love my husband very much and we have been together since i was 18. This film struck a cord with me as i don't know how i would cope with out him . .
Vicki
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

21-08-2008, 11:06 AM
OMG - it sounds fab - one for a girly afternoon on the sofa. I'm off to Amazon to see if I can find it now

Thanks hon x

Razcox
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

21-08-2008, 11:20 AM
No problem, i did really enjoy it (despite the crying) and its rare to find a truly touching film that doesn't go too far to the other end of the scale to sickly.

Make sure to have some tissues though . .
Trouble
Dogsey Veteran
Female  Diamond Supporter 

21-08-2008, 11:46 AM
I enjoyed it
Brundog
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

21-08-2008, 02:55 PM
i also enjoyed it, and it took me about 15 minutes into it to realise that I had actually read the book it was based on !! Luckily i couldnt remember how it ended so it was a fab film, and i enjoyed it more than the book, seeign as i couldnt remember the book !! LOL

also its got hot men in it !!!!!
shaza
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

21-08-2008, 03:12 PM
Read the book - fab! Dodn't realise it was on film - shall have to look out for it!
Leeza
Dogsey Junior
Female 

21-08-2008, 04:00 PM
Yea, I've read the book too...brilliant!

Leeza.
Razcox
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

21-08-2008, 04:01 PM
Not read the book but its going on my list now!
Page 1 of 2 1 2 >