Our sister sites
Our sister sites
Brundog
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

28-10-2006, 08:43 AM

ebay question ?

Hello folks

I am looking at buying a shower enclosure on ebay. However paypal only covers up to £500 protection. So if what you are buying is over this amount - is there any other way of protecting your cash ??

thanks in advance for any assistance

ta
dani
Steve
Dogsey Veteran
Male 

28-10-2006, 11:27 AM
Pay by credit card if you can Dani then the purchase is covered by insurance against damage/theft,but make sure its a legitemate site before giving em' your numbers.

I cant think of any other option im afraid.
Zuba
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

28-10-2006, 11:30 AM
Credit cards only have payment protection if you pay for it dont they?
wufflehoond
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

28-10-2006, 02:27 PM
You're covered by your credit card whether you have payment protection or not. The payment protection you pay for is in case you become unemployed, they pay your minimum payment
kyektulu
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

28-10-2006, 02:30 PM
It seems everytone has came to the same conclusion I have, use a debit/credit card that is secrured against mishaps.

I also think you can buy insurence for online purchases, with all the warnings about Ebay lately I think it would be the wisest thing to do!

kye xxx
Zuba
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

28-10-2006, 03:21 PM
Originally Posted by wufflehoond View Post
You're covered by your credit card whether you have payment protection or not. The payment protection you pay for is in case you become unemployed, they pay your minimum payment

Oh so its a waste of time me paying that then? Considering I am not employed anywhere
royv
Dogsey Senior
Male 

28-10-2006, 04:16 PM
Section 75 of the Consumer Credit Act 1974 states that for credit purchases with a cash price between £100 and £30,000 the consumer is entitled to claim from the lender if things go wrong - e.g. if the supplier breaches the contract or if there was misrepresentation.

More here: http://www.oft.gov.uk/News/Press+releases/2004/186-04.htm

Note: Each item must be worth min £100. If the order is made up of two items costing £75 each, it wouldn't be covered.

Applies to: Credit card purchases or where credit has been arranged.

Does not apply to: Debit cards.
Brundog
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

28-10-2006, 04:48 PM
Originally Posted by royv View Post
Section 75 of the Consumer Credit Act 1974 states that for credit purchases with a cash price between £100 and £30,000 the consumer is entitled to claim from the lender if things go wrong - e.g. if the supplier breaches the contract or if there was misrepresentation.

More here: http://www.oft.gov.uk/News/Press+releases/2004/186-04.htm

Note: Each item must be worth min £100. If the order is made up of two items costing £75 each, it wouldn't be covered.

Applies to: Credit card purchases or where credit has been arranged.

Does not apply to: Debit cards.
thankyou - will pay it on my credit card as then I have the ebay paypal protection for the £500 and if it all goes wrong I have the credit card protection that way.

many thanks for all ur help
Bodhi
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

28-10-2006, 04:53 PM
The only thing that would concern me about buying something over ebay is the lack of guarentee's etc..

But I don't have an ebay account, so...
Brundog
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

28-10-2006, 04:56 PM
Originally Posted by Bodhi View Post
The only thing that would concern me about buying something over ebay is the lack of guarentee's etc..

But I don't have an ebay account, so...
you have to read the fine print and be careful - but this product comes with a 10 year warranty (MANUFACTURERS) so know ultimately if any probs I can go to them = the ebay shop has very positive feedback - and what I want is £500 cheaper than in the shops so its a big saving!!

we will see - watch this space !!!lol
Page 1 of 2 1 2 >