Our sister sites
Our sister sites
Our sister sites
Lucky Star
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

26-10-2006, 09:37 PM
Originally Posted by franc1987 View Post
This reminds me of the time my friends baby tried strawberries for the first time (when she got some teeth) her face was a picture all screwed up and not sure what to make of it.

Its fun for you both as you work out what she does and doesnt like, but butternut squash is yummy xxx
yeah she had a bit of a face today but still ate it
franc1987
Almost a Veteran
Female 

26-10-2006, 09:42 PM
Originally Posted by Lucky Star View Post
Aw thanks Ailsa - I'll get one then!

Must admit I was hoping to put this off (don't want her to grow up at all ) but she kind of dictated it. I'm going to take it really slowly though and only do tasters of relatively inoccuous things. I think she's starting to have teething troubles too as she's normally such a happy soul but she's been really miserable today. Loki didn't even notice his baby teeth falling out.
How old is she now Linda? Theres some good stuff you can get from boots, my friend calls them magic crystals, and you rub them on babies gums and it soothes the pain. Theres also herbal versions you can get. She tried both and said the herbal ones worked the best.

Hope she perks up soon
Lucky Star
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

26-10-2006, 09:56 PM
She's just over four months. It seems a bit early but she is gnawing at everything including my fingers (can you teach bit inhibition to a baby? ). I'll have a look for them, thanks.
Brundog
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

26-10-2006, 10:43 PM
oohh she is growing up !!!
My friend started to wean her wee man about month ago - he is now 6 months - and he loved butternut squash too !!

as long as you dont introduce protein(meat) tgoo early then should be fine I think - after all every baby is different !!

hope you took some photos of baby Carys first meal !!!

have you got those gum things you put in the freezer for her teething - that has worked well for my friends wee one and was a miracle cure on friday night when I was babysitting him !!! LOL

only 5 weeks for me ......really getting freaked out now !!!
Lucky Star
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

27-10-2006, 09:59 AM
Oh Dani it only seems like yesterday that it was 8 weeks for you. How are you doing hun?

I wanted to wait until she was 6 months but she kind of seemed to want food. I'm only doing a tiny bit and as you say - no meat for a while. No gluten either. I don't want her all grown up.
Brundog
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

27-10-2006, 11:34 AM
Originally Posted by Lucky Star View Post
Oh Dani it only seems like yesterday that it was 8 weeks for you. How are you doing hun?

I wanted to wait until she was 6 months but she kind of seemed to want food. I'm only doing a tiny bit and as you say - no meat for a while. No gluten either. I don't want her all grown up.
i am enormous, uncomfortable and getting a bit nervous - house is nowhere near finished and luca has taken to what feels like hanging off my ribs like a bat with his feet and kicking ALL day so to be honest I am ready for him to appear as there clearly is very little room in there now and he is trying to escape !!!

bet you wish you hadnt asked !! LOL

still havent got my bag packed, nursery set up or clothes washed. However my mum is on holiday this week so am living in her house and using this time to wash all the baby stuff, catch up on all my own washing and escaping my house !! - so basically nesting but in someone elses house !!!

well when I amnt on dogsey I am doing that !! LOL
thandi
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

27-10-2006, 12:07 PM
please feel free to come and nest at my house when you mum comes back

<eyes up piles of ironing and sundry un-done chores>
Lucky Star
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

27-10-2006, 01:47 PM
Originally Posted by thandi View Post
please feel free to come and nest at my house when you mum comes back

<eyes up piles of ironing and sundry un-done chores>
Or mine (PLEASE!)
Don't worry Dani - we still haven't got Carys' room done . I think really I've put it off a bit as I'll miss her but she needs a proper cot now so that's on the cards for tomorrow.

Aw you might miss just the 'two-someness' when Luca arrives.
Page 2 of 2 < 1 2