Our sister sites
Our sister sites
Our sister sites
bens mum
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

29-09-2006, 05:32 PM

caring goverment

my daughter single mum,her son (my grandson) goes to sure start this was set up by the goverment for underprivaliged kids, they go to toddler grps city farms loads of classes for mum to do ect, well the goverment has pulled the plug on the funding, so all sure starts is being stopped next year. so 10000s of kids n mums are going to be left to wander the streets, no toddler grps nothing. theres alot of mums who with out this sure start would be totally cut off from other mums.
tony blair and his caring goverment
bluemerle lover
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

30-09-2006, 03:13 PM
aww this is so terrible i used to go to ginger bread club with my son and it was brilliant but it was funded by us parents but this goverment stinks
Sara1210
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

30-09-2006, 10:50 PM
Thats disgusting

I cant stand Tony Blair at the best of times
JoedeeUK
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

01-10-2006, 09:11 AM
One of the main Tory Manifesto points from the last election was to withdraw all funding for back to work/subisidised employment/sure start for single parents etc etc as well as withdrawing free TV licences for over 75s, the winter heating allowance for pensioners All to be replaced by tax cuts for people in work

Anyone remember who brought in Sure Start ? Maggie T, John Major ? Er no Ah yes This current government lead by Er One Tony Blair(not that I like him)

Perhaps you should lobby the local MP etc to retain it or ask what is replacing it
bens mum
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

01-10-2006, 11:26 AM
Originally Posted by JoedeeUK View Post
One of the main Tory Manifesto points from the last election was to withdraw all funding for back to work/subisidised employment/sure start for single parents etc etc as well as withdrawing free TV licences for over 75s, the winter heating allowance for pensioners All to be replaced by tax cuts for people in work

Anyone remember who brought in Sure Start ? Maggie T, John Major ? Er no Ah yes This current government lead by Er One Tony Blair(not that I like him)

Perhaps you should lobby the local MP etc to retain it or ask what is replacing it
all thats replacing it is 1 childrens center per area, well my daughter lives in holloway, and theres 100s of kids who live there, and they all need help.dont he realise that he will be losing votes doing stuff like this, mind u hes leaving so he dont give a damm.stuff up the country for everyone and let some one else sort it out sorry dont like the man, down to goverment cut backs my father didnt get the help he needed and he died. (very long story)