Our sister sites
Our sister sites
Our sister sites
Azz
Administrator
Male 

11-12-2013, 03:11 PM

Woman dies following dog attack in Leeds

A woman in Leeds who was seriously injured when she was attacked by two dogs has died.

Emma Bennett, 27, died at Leeds General Infirmary on Tuesday night after being treated for dog bites.

The dogs were seized by West Yorkshire Police after the incident on Monday.
http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-25329440
Malka
Dogsey Veteran
Female  Diamond Supporter 

11-12-2013, 03:20 PM
A few more details HERE

and yes, I know it is the Daily Mail but the BBC has, as far as I know, not issued any more details.
Tang
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

11-12-2013, 03:27 PM
Another tragedy of someone killed by their own dog(s) or dogs living in the house where they lived.

And a baby now dead in the womb and four children left motherless.

Terribly terribly sad. I don't really feel like engaging in another long thread of discussion about exactly what 'breed' the dog or dogs were. And how 'little dogs can kill people too'. Or whether the reports used stock photos or actual photos.

Just RIP to that poor woman and sadness for the children she has left behind.

*the inquest into little 4yr old Lexi's death was just last week. Another killed by the family dog.
JoedeeUK
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

11-12-2013, 03:32 PM
How sad, but if they knew there was a problem with the woman's siezures & the dog why wasn't the dog rehomed ?

Wasn't Lexi killed by an ex stray dog the mother had only had for a month ? Not really a family pet IMHO
Julie
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

11-12-2013, 03:51 PM
It seems she tried to sell the dog but had no buyers, what I don't understand is much as I loved all my dogs if one was dangerous to me it would not be with me any longer so why do people take chances like this ?
twix
Dogsey Senior
Female 

11-12-2013, 05:09 PM
If the dog had a history of agression its not surprising there were no takers even for 100 quid. It wouldn't have cost that much to take the dog to the vet to be pts so why pass on the problem? I'm not into breed bashing. That could've been any breed that reacted to a person having a seizure and even vets advise keeping pets apart if one is epileptic.
Dogloverlou
Dogsey Senior
Female 

11-12-2013, 07:32 PM
I don't always respond to these articles anymore because I feel like the meanest person on earth as I very rarely feel any real sadness or anything. It's just the same old, same old. I've not heard ONE case yet where these attacks haven't been the result of uneducated, irresponsible, and inexperienced owners. Besides which, we're never really given any real facts about these tragic accidents. Just biased scare mongering and knee jerk reactions.
mjfromga
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

12-12-2013, 11:08 AM
First I saw a black dog that could have only been a staffy (and was called one) and next I see the story saying it was an American pit bull terrier.

Two, actually that mauled her to death. I can't even comment any further. Sad story, sorry she had to die like this...
Julie
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

12-12-2013, 11:16 AM
Originally Posted by twix View Post
If the dog had a history of agression its not surprising there were no takers even for 100 quid. It wouldn't have cost that much to take the dog to the vet to be pts so why pass on the problem? I'm not into breed bashing. That could've been any breed that reacted to a person having a seizure and even vets advise keeping pets apart if one is epileptic.
I agree, I was just pointing out she knew she had a problem and did try to get rid of the dog, I don't blame anyone not wanting to buy it but it says something if valued money over her own safety.
mjfromga
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

12-12-2013, 11:28 AM
Originally Posted by Julie View Post
I agree, I was just pointing out she knew she had a problem and did try to get rid of the dog, I don't blame anyone not wanting to buy it but it says something if valued money over her own safety.
Who in their right mind would try and sell a dog that bit people and TELL people that the dog bit people? I HIGHLY, HIGHLY doubt she mentioned that the dog was aggressive.

That red nosed dog looks pure pit bull to me. Not staffy like the other dog I saw. If she advertised THAT dog, not a soul in the world that lived over there would touch it. THAT is why she got no takers, I don't believe it was because of the dogs temperament.

It needs to be given to someone who can help train it and if it's truly a pit bull, it needs to be given to someone who can LEGALLY own it... not sold on -ace-ook.

How can a person TRY to give up a dog? Just take it into the shelter, right? Oh, right. They'll just put it down. Ridiculous to try and own an illegal dog like that IMO.
Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 >