Fondly Remembered
Female 

29-11-2013, 11:14 PM
Stunning photos - love that dog
Kazz
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

29-11-2013, 11:27 PM
Well sorry I have only just seen these but WOW and WOW. I love his name Munch suits him and SBT's in particular. The press is often overwhelmed with "sad stories" every now and again you get a glimpse into the real life of the average SBT (I really hope that's true)

Do he and Bella get on? (your one that is not mine)
Darcy Boy
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

30-11-2013, 04:54 PM
Beautiful pictures, lovely to look at.
Tang
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

30-11-2013, 05:31 PM
Originally Posted by Kazz View Post
Well sorry I have only just seen these but WOW and WOW. I love his name Munch suits him and SBT's in particular. The press is often overwhelmed with "sad stories" every now and again you get a glimpse into the real life of the average SBT (I really hope that's true)

Do he and Bella get on? (your one that is not mine)
Well Munch is how can I put this ... he is like Bella's doting Godmother when she is there! He worries about her, lets her nick the food from under his chin while he is eating. Gets all concerned if she barks about anything out the back and herds her back in (he's too good to bark she isn't) let's her sleep in all his favourite spots.

But if Bella gets up and sits with 'his mum' he instantly comes over and plonks himself on MY lap (and no he doesn't fit on but he doesn't care about that!) Taking them out together is so funny to see. Talk about little and large.

If you ever needed a champion for the breed Munchy is the boy for the job.

And his 'dad' is now retired Senior SCO for the Met. So you can be sure that there are SOME police who are promoting the good points about Staffies. He'd like to see them replace all other breeds on the police force lol not that he's biased or anything!

A real softie yes. But so well trained. This is a dog who is never on a lead. Ever. But I can honestly say he doesn't need to be either. Even when I take him out. You don't have to tell him to stop or sit at the kerb. He just does it. And he TOTALLY IGNORES all other badly behaved or barking dogs.
Mandyuk1
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

30-11-2013, 11:49 PM
Wow what gorgeous photos and Munch is stunning

He reminds me of a friends sbt Jazzy, everyone knows him and loves him, he ambles over to say hello and checks to see if you have any treats, just by looking at you as if to say 'well?'
moetmum
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

01-12-2013, 07:27 AM
Lovely pictures, Munch is a credit to his breed, just how they should be depicted happy family dogs.

He obviously also has responsible loving owners!
Tang
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

01-12-2013, 12:07 PM
Originally Posted by moetmum View Post
Lovely pictures, Munch is a credit to his breed, just how they should be depicted happy family dogs.

He obviously also has responsible loving owners!
Thanks moetmum. Yes he does. He was 'sort of' rescued because he belonged to my brother in laws son from first marriage. He had two dogs (in his twenties) didn't devote enough time to them and then decided he wanted to go to AUS (and not take them with him). This was around 4 yrs ago. My sis begrudgingly said Munch could come to them while a home was found and the rest is history!

Then Bro in Law had horrendous police motorcycle accident and almost died. Broke just about every bone in his body (is still undergoing ops now - further knee ops needed).

He credits his astonishing recovery being down to him devoting all his time to training and persevering with walking Munch as part of his physio programme. (I can remember almost being in tears watching Adrian insisting HE would pick up the dog poo when any of us offered - even though it took him about 5 minutes to position himself to be able to bend down for it. He is very much 'Adrian's dog' although will accept affection lavished upon him from anyone else!

Both girls have 'left home' in the intervening years one permanently to live with her partner and the other shares her time twixt midwifery, college, boyfriends and home. It is generally acknowledged that they both miss Munchy more than the parents!

His beginnings are unknown - but he does have some head scarring.
Vicky88
Almost a Veteran
Female 

01-12-2013, 02:46 PM
Beautiful!. Munch sounds great.
My sisters Staffy gets scared when other dogs bark. She hardly ever barks either, unless she wants Holly to play.
Canine K9
Dogsey Junior
Male 

01-12-2013, 03:45 PM
So gorgeous!
Page 2 of 4 < 1 2 3 4 >