Our sister sites
Our sister sites
Our sister sites
Kerryowner
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

18-02-2011, 09:27 PM

New format Masterchef-like it?

Anyone seen the new format of Masterchef that started Wednesday night?

Didn't like it myself as one of the things I enjoyed about Masterchef was that it wasn't the typical reality tv show where you have sob stories about people's granny/dad/budgie dying and they're dedicating their attempts to them etc, etc....

However, now they seem to have fallen down this route as we were shown the contestant's auditions with their family members watching anxiously and then Greg and John each had a vote "yes" or "no". I was waiting for the "Britain's got Talent" style buzzers!

I liked the old show where the focus was on the cooking myself-anyone else feel the same or do you like the changes?
esmed
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

18-02-2011, 09:38 PM
I didn't like it either and thought it was fine the way it was without the "Britain's Got Talent" style judging.

I'm hoping that after these two programmes of initial auditions it will get back to normal and just be about the cooking and the skill rather than the sob stories!
Kerryowner
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

18-02-2011, 10:03 PM
Originally Posted by esmed View Post
I didn't like it either and thought it was fine the way it was without the "Britain's Got Talent" style judging.

I'm hoping that after these two programmes of initial auditions it will get back to normal and just be about the cooking and the skill rather than the sob stories!
Oh-glad you agree! We'll just have to wait and see how things pan out (forgive the pun!) next week then.
esmed
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

18-02-2011, 10:20 PM
Originally Posted by Kerryowner View Post
Oh-glad you agree! We'll just have to wait and see how things pan out (forgive the pun!) next week then.
I hope it gets back to how it usually is. I don't like the new studio either!
rachelsetters
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

19-02-2011, 06:45 AM
No - as soon as I saw the previews thought not sure going to like it and I don't!