Our sister sites
Our sister sites
Our sister sites
fayeily
Dogsey Senior
Female 

20-01-2011, 08:47 PM
Dutch would go crazy if he didnt get out every day,
I agree with Pilgrim though, it all comes down to circumstances.
I do think its unfair if a dog is healthy and wants to go out and they dont because the owners are too lazy. Unfortunatly this is the case for several dogs i know
ATD
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

20-01-2011, 08:53 PM
can of worms lol. not all dogs need walking.
what is better playin games in the house/ garden? or walked on lead to go to the toilet and no stimulation.
ATD x
MINIMUM
Dogsey Junior
Female 

20-01-2011, 08:55 PM
I think it is important to walk your dog every day. When we first had Bo we took him an hours walk. When we got home the poor dog didn't know what to do with himself - I think he was suffering from resless leg syndrome. The following day we got the lead out and he hid behind the setee not wanting to go on another marathon - We have had him for four years now and if we don't walk him for at least an hour a day he sulks.
Jackie
Dogsey Veteran
Female  Diamond Supporter 

20-01-2011, 08:57 PM
Originally Posted by k9paw View Post
Thankyou for replies. For me it is not natural thing for a dog to be confined to garden n crate, despite being given basic food n water etc. I have concerns about such.
I take it you are talking about a paticular dog?

Really all depends on the dog and its surrounding , health and outlook on life.
Pilgrim
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

20-01-2011, 09:02 PM
When we had all that snow Ozzy didn't get walked at all. I think it would have been far crueller to have dragged him out for a walk than to have not walked him. He hated the snow so much He wasn't in the slightest bit bothered about not going out.

However I think I get more enjoyment out of walking the dogs anyway I can't wait until Ludi can go out and maybe it will make Ozzy enjoy his walks a bit more
k9paw
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

20-01-2011, 09:05 PM
Originally Posted by ATD View Post
can of worms lol. not all dogs need walking.
what is better playin games in the house/ garden? or walked on lead to go to the toilet and no stimulation.
ATD x
It is very much so(can of worms ). Thankyou for all replies. Seven month old lab, owner with health problems(am not knocking in any way) young son. Am very concerned n worried for them all but don't want to interfere
Pilgrim
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

20-01-2011, 09:07 PM
Originally Posted by k9paw View Post
It is very much so(can of worms ). Thankyou for all replies. Seven month old lab, owner with health problems(am not knocking in any way) young son. Am very concerned n worried for them all but don't want to interfere
Hmmmm I would have thought a young lab would be going stir crazy at not being walked
k9paw
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

20-01-2011, 09:14 PM
Originally Posted by Pilgrim View Post
Hmmmm I would have thought a young lab would be going stir crazy at not being walked
It is! I keep self to self n don't see neighbour very often, but is not good situation don't think I offered to try help in any way but don't want to cause upset. Don't know what to do
k9paw
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

20-01-2011, 09:32 PM
What would any of you do in similar situation? am i over reacting or interfering? I keep trying to think 'mind your own business' n maybe should, please can anyone advise because is worrying me terribly
Maisiesmum
Almost a Veteran
Female 

20-01-2011, 09:42 PM
I'd just go around and say you were going for a walk and would be happy to take their dog if it would help to give them a break.
Page 2 of 5 < 1 2 3 4 5 >