Our sister sites
Our sister sites
Our sister sites
Lacey10
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

12-09-2013, 08:55 PM
Depending on which network you're on its probably more to do with the signal
No two people will have the same beliefs,whether that's to do with the afterlife,heaven,god,or whatever.No matter how many people tell of their experiences,even if they are similar e.g people who have apparently came back from the dead on an operating table giving accounts of seeing themselves from the ceiling or being drawn to a tunnel towards a bright light,their actually is no concrete evidence to prove any of it is true.We will most likely never know for sure and I don't blame anyone for disbelieving,that is their right.
Tang
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

13-09-2013, 07:29 AM
If people dont believe that there is something more than the life we have on earth,and yet the same person would talk about Rainbow Bridge
Hope that's not a reference to me as one of those who 'don't believe' because you will NEVER find any references to Rainbow Bridge by me. Nor of any of my dogs going to a better place or being reunited with other pets etc.

Purely because I 'don't believe'.

And you do still seem to be saying that some mediums helped with identification of victims in re the Nilsen case.

But then what you've said here doesn't really make sense to know what it is you are or are trying to say

Mediums usually can tell if someone has passed or if not sure sent the information back to the Missing Person,ones that they were really sure they had passed was part of many enquiries and Info that the team had and hopefully could there were also unidentified bodies which had not been identified.
KYes
Dogsey Senior
Female 

13-09-2013, 09:40 AM
I always found that rainbow bridge thing to be some embarrassing hippy dippy stuff myself .
Lacey10
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

13-09-2013, 09:54 AM
Originally Posted by KYes View Post
I always found that rainbow bridge thing to be some embarrassing hippy dippy stuff myself .
Whether it exists or not we'll never know,but I imagine at a time when we lose our best friends it must be a great comfort.I know when it's Lacey's turn I will believe,otherwise I'm not sure how I'll get through it.I think if it helps with the grieving process where is the harm in it?
Malka
Dogsey Veteran
Female  Diamond Supporter 

13-09-2013, 10:19 AM
Originally Posted by KYes View Post
The thought of The Rainbow Bridge gives comfort to some people when they lose their beloved companions. I do not believe in it because I believe that death is the end and that there is no afterlife.

BUT - if it gives comfort to some to believe in it, then let them, however embarrassing it might seem to you.

I belong to an epilepsy List and almost every day I see yet another condolence email I must send to someone who has lost their dog. My comments are always

"May his/her name be for a Memory"

and

"Run free [name of dog], run free as fast as you can"

If you find that embarrassing and "hippy dippy stuff" that is your prerogative.

Me? I send condolence messages worded in a way that I hope gives comfort. It is immaterial whether I believe in an afterlife or not - my only concern is to hope that I have given someone some comfort in their loss.
jantet
Dogsey Senior
Female 

13-09-2013, 10:29 AM
I have no problems with the Rainbow Bridge story - it's a lovely way of giving comfort. What I would find a problem is someone suggesting they can in some way send a message from my departed pet.

As a bit of an old hippy myself, it doesn't bother me if people describe it as 'hippy dippy'!
Gemini54
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

14-09-2013, 09:45 AM
Hi That is why I brought up the Rainbow Bridge,because whether you believe or not,if something so momentous like losing anything be it animal or a person,you will always look for answers or some sort of comfort.The people who I know do it because they feel they can help,and do not make any money from peoples misery.

My late dad,was always interested in Mediums but he also would expose any he thought or suspected were doing it for financial gain.One day he wanted to show me that where some people did it for financial gain,but others would do it for entertainment value,he gave me a wedding ring,and sent me to all the fortune tellers in Blackpool most of them read the ring and I didnt get the same story from any of them,It taught me a valued lesson,and from then on tried to find the meaning of life,explored various religions,wicker all sorts of things,but at the end of the day if they give people some semblance of comfort from this shi**y world then fine,Going back to Nilsan,I was never interested in him,but because of what he had done,meant a lot of people were hurt and distressed that there missing loved one could be one of his victims.I have seen people walking around Soho with leaflets looking for someone who has gone missing,they probably know that it wont help but it makes them feel less helpless.Gemini54
KYes
Dogsey Senior
Female 

14-09-2013, 12:53 PM
Rest in peace good enough for me
Page 13 of 13 « First < 3 10 11 12 13