View our sister sites
Our sister sites
Our sister sites
Our sister sites
random
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

09-05-2008, 06:44 PM

Who are you insured with and what do you pay (all owners but esp. rotties).

I have a pal who is with petplan for his 2 rotties and is paying £33 for one and £39 for the other. Mine are only £7 each and Maddy is a bit more because of her Colitis. I would expect more considering the breed but surely that's really high? He's with petplan and has a dog 4 yrs and a bitch 6 yrs and never claimed.

I'm interested myself as I only just took out insurance for mine after spending most of my savings (which I used previously for vet bills e.t.c.) on the business and as most know by now i'm looking to get a rottie in the not so distant (but distant enough!) future, hence why i'm more interested in what people are paying for them and who you are with.

Cheers guys!
madmare
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

09-05-2008, 06:48 PM
I'm with M&S and I pay just over £15 a month each for Shady who is a Rottie x GSD and Milo a JRT
nero
Dogsey Veteran
Male 

09-05-2008, 06:50 PM
The 4 of mine are insured with E&L, Platinum policies, total cost £64 per month.
Fliggle
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

09-05-2008, 07:00 PM
We had our last dog with E&L but not bothered with them with Dingo because we're locked in a long battle to get them to pay out for the surgery our last dog had to have. After searching the net we're not the only ones having this problem. They used to be a good company but they have recently changed management unfortunatley.

We've now got Dingo with Pet Plan but he's costing us about £22 per month.

Heidi
random
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

09-05-2008, 07:17 PM
See mine are with Tesco and £28.30 a month for the 3 of them and that's cheaper than one of his rotts!
AliceandDogs
Dogsey Senior
Female 

09-05-2008, 07:18 PM
If you go on the money saving experts website, and click on insurance, there's a lot of information about pet insurance and a forum thread about the best companies. If you really the last few pages of it, they say the best ones are Petplan, Axa and NFU.

I think I'm going to go with Axa myself, not too expensive and really good cover.
Shona
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

09-05-2008, 07:22 PM
Originally Posted by random View Post
See mine are with Tesco and £28.30 a month for the 3 of them and that's cheaper than one of his rotts!
the price denis has put in is for all four? not sure if nelson is on it too, I recomended them to him, I was paying £11 a month each dog for top cover,, I got discount for multi dogs,
Carole
Supervisor
Female  Diamond Supporter 

09-05-2008, 07:23 PM
Our insurance is £46 a month

Star is £22 with More Than and Finn is £24 with M&S.
Archer
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

09-05-2008, 07:25 PM
Originally Posted by random View Post

The only thing with tecos is they have a 1 yr time limit on claims hence if the illness lasts longer than 12 months you are no longer covered
tawneywolf
Female  Gold Supporter 

09-05-2008, 07:26 PM
after M&S put up their premiums for the 2nd year in a row, when I had never claimed, I had a good look around and decided on the Argos top cover, which is just under £15 a month each for my 2.
Page 1 of 5 1 2 3 4 > Last »