Our sister sites
Our sister sites
Our sister sites
Lynn
Dogsey Veteran
Female  Gold Supporter 

04-08-2023, 04:13 PM
So frustrating for you griff.

I don't think it's about the cost of the machine it's about the fees they have to pay if someone pays by credit card, I was reading it earlier when researching dealers who take credit cards and to be fair there aren't that many due to the charges.

Fingers crossed it all works out. We took it down a very bad road pot holes and a typical fen road dips and bumps like you have not seen or possibly experienced unless you live in the fens. No knocks, bumps in fact no noises at all and if you were going to get noises you would get it on that road.

I think we are of the opinion that there are very few honest people or dealers out there and this is all down to luck. You do your research and hope for the best.

Sceptical I guess you call it. We felt comfortable with this guy and the garage more so than I have done with any other.
In fact the Antara I didn't test drive I didn't want to this one I did and t was chucking it down too.
Kazz
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

04-08-2023, 05:32 PM
Good evening all

Car Mot and service complete less than last year as well. My garage (one man band) does not sell cars or the like but they do not have card facility they have bank transfer or cash. I love that.

Booked in for another service again in Feb.

While waiting had my eyes tested and the "extra test/picture of back of eye" thing done for glaucoma, macular etc check and all good a sigh of relief breathed had a field vision test as well due to previous stroke and all good there to apart from I am trigger happy when watching the lights apparently. I eased off the trigger when we moved onto my other eye LOL .
Have ordered varifocals collect in 2 or so weeks if they are not right have 45 days to return and have normal individual glasses with any balance refunded. I like my opticians they are family run.

After opticians went to the pub opposite and had a breakfast then round to the little café for a coffee and kindle read before collecting the car at just before 12 not bad when I dropped it off at 8am. Popped in to see my sister and BIL's they are decorating their bedroom, looks nice. Now home.

Chris Pleased you have found a food source Ted likes and eats. From what I can see from friends with smaller dogs (toy scale) is they are picky and finicky eaters so Ted fits right in by the sound of it. Have your new neighbours made a "appearance yet"

Lynn sounds like you have found the car for you, sure all will be good, but lots of "nerves" I expect given recent history. This one will be a cracker.

Sue I agree with the grass cutting think I would do the same as you keep it neat. Glad you have had a nice day are you planning any trips out with the girls for this school holiday?

Brenda Glad you had a nice morning walk, any new pups in the offing for training? Have you noticed an increase in size in Frenchie's since their popularity has risen I wonder if any out crosses.

Griff Aww about your Dad do you think his lack of "thanks" for want of a better word is to do with his health? or has this always been his way? Which dash cam did you go for?

Right all have a good evening
tumbleweed
Dogsey Veteran
Male 

04-08-2023, 06:48 PM
Lynn

I hope you had an independent HPI check on the car even if bought from a garage. If you didn't and there is an outstanding debt on the car you will loose it. That HPI check will or should say if the milage is correct -has all the MOT reports- been in an accident how many previous owners- even with some down to service dates etc.

The HPI check I feel is an essential part of buying a car. Never trust a garage with what they claim, all they want is your money

I managed to stop one of my sons from buying a car, albeit from a private person, because it had a huge outstanding debt on it.

If there is a debt on it and they try and get the car back off you ,your only defence is if you paid the full purchase price at the time of sale. Then the Hire Purchase Finance Protection Act of 1965 applies which states they have to persue the seller not the buyer. If bought on credit this doen't apply

This act appies to any type of purchase

https://www.legislation.gov.uk/ukpga...9650066_en.pdf
Lynn
Dogsey Veteran
Female  Gold Supporter 

04-08-2023, 07:15 PM
All good on that front thank you Barry.
tumbleweed
Dogsey Veteran
Male 

04-08-2023, 07:18 PM
just been looking that Act up and there is a hell of a lot to it. 64 pages in all

As a bye the bye when we moved into our second house we had a local tv hire company turn up and demanded their TV back. The prevoius owners had taken thatgwith them. Well t he guys who turned up DEMANDED their colourTV back. We only had a black and white TV at the time, made them look stupid when they checked.

Where we are now same again Banatine fitness company demanded an annual membeship fee by post. We sent it back " person not know at this address". this went on for about 6 months then a debt collection company got involved.

It got a bit nasty so I went to one of their local fitness centres asked for the manager, then I said she was under civil arrest for harrisment and causing extreme distress and I was taking her to court. Well she found out it was another branch and got it stopped, no more threatening posts after that but no apology

There are times when replying to letters "not known at this address" don't have any effect and drastic action is needed. Must have caused her to *** herself

these companies don't check land registry first to see if the house or whatever has been sold recently
griff
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

04-08-2023, 10:16 PM
Kazz, it's a nextbase one but because it's a convertible, we can't have the rear screen fixed camera so I got the one that clips into the front camera, I was impressed with the quality of the nextbase in his other car when we got involved in that machete attack, it was really good clear images so went for the same. Tbf, I had bought a Goodyear one for Steve and it didn't get used ( both had convertibles) so I brought it back for dad but he just chucked it to one side and didn't bother looking at it. As for his attitude, no...not his illness, just bloody rude. Steve bought me a bead for my bracelet today and as soon as it arrived, I was straight on the phone saying thank you to him and that was a lot less than what I have just spent on my dad.
Lynn, I had 2 car checks left from when Steve was car hunting, I used the rac three times but it was getting costly £15 a time so I ended up using cartax co.uk I bought 5 checks for about £14....wish I had known sooner! Hopefully you won't need it again but if you do, if they haven't expired, you are welcome to use them
I don't know if I said, I bought my uncle a retro games system, well, he was having trouble sorting it and I have just said I would go down and try and help him tomorrow, phone went at 10.30, my uncle, lad in the next room has come and had a look...told my uncle what he needs and they are going to sort it tomorrow. My uncle hasn't had his own t.v for over 20 years, he was staying with others and then in a crack house then homeless and so technology has moved on and he doesn't understand that you don't need to tune stuff into a TV, you just choose your input source....he is nearly 60 and he can't use the internet, work a smartphone or apparently operate a t.v lol
Page 2 of 2 < 1 2