Our sister sites
Our sister sites
Our sister sites
brenda1
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

02-08-2023, 06:20 AM

Windy Wednesday 2nd August 2023

Morning all. Yep a very windy Wednesday but the sun is trying to come out although the forecast isn't great. Margaret my friend should be over today for lunch and a natter. Hope you all had a good day yesterday. Not good news Lynn on the car front then. My brother was a whizz at car mechanics, sadly him and his dad are mending cars in the sky now. Have a good day everyone.
Lynn
Dogsey Veteran
Female  Gold Supporter 

02-08-2023, 06:51 AM
Morning brenda and all to follow.
No wind but lots of rain here today. Brewster is very unhappy as he is having to settle indoors, he much prefers being in the garden. Typical Berner.
Just pops in every so often to check you're still here and for a fuss, then off out again.
Nightmare with the car yes brenda, we then have to replace it and you get very nervous about what you're , so we will pay this mechanic to come and give the next one the once over and test drive it.
He did say though he wouldn't have picked this problem up nor would anyone else.
Trust us to get the rare problem.

Have a good day everyone.
Sue L
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

02-08-2023, 09:48 AM
Good morning Brenda and Lynn

Hope Margaret makes to you and you enjoy your catchup

Fingers crossed for the new car search Lynn

Very windy with sunny intervals here. Teazle walked and a lasagna made, should have been yesterday, some in the freezer and the rest in the fridge fir our lunch tomorrow. Off out to lunch and a bit of a shop now

Take care everyone
Lynn
Dogsey Veteran
Female  Gold Supporter 

02-08-2023, 10:09 AM
Thanks Sue.
Enjoy your lunch and shop out.
griff
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

02-08-2023, 03:11 PM
Afternoon all
Brenda, hope Margaret makes it o.k
Sue, enjoy your lunch
Lynn, you can test a car and it be fine, 30 minutes later it's knackered, happened to Steve and I personally checked that and my dad...his car had a timing belt go about 2 miles after he bought the car.
Chucked it down all morning and then it was dry as I went to the Dr.... thankfully! Having a phone call tomorrow morning
brenda1
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

02-08-2023, 04:29 PM
Yeh Margaret made it over and didn't get to wet going home. Nice catch-up and lunch that I provided. She did lunch last week, well paid for it. Just got to make up our minds what to do next week then I won't see her for two weeks. I am planning on trying to lose some weight in those two weeks.lol!! Have a good evening peeps.
Chris
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

02-08-2023, 05:31 PM
Good afternoon all

Rained here all morning. Three hours of sun this afternoon and now it looks ready to throw it down again

They have said they know what's wrong with the scooter now. Apparently, the engineer took it out and got stranded and had to make the call for a van to pick him and the scooter up. They've ordered a new axle, motor and brakes from Pride. Fingers crossed it will be back next week. I won't even test drive the thing and the other one is mothballed until we can get the deal done with the local shop

Ted has eaten a chicken breast (over three meals) - yay. That doesn't mean he'll eat it again, just that he's had it today.

Just got the washing done today and that's about it. A lazy day
Kazz
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

02-08-2023, 08:32 PM
Good evening all

Chris Well at least if that is all repaired it good when you part X, yeah Teddy.

Brenda Glad you had a nice chat have you thought anymore of just writing to your daughter and turning up?

Sue Glad you enjoyed your day off what and where did you go for lunch? hope you brought something nice as well.

Lynn Your luck has got to change with cars. You sounds like you are really enjoying the pupster.

Griff Glad all is well with you.

Catch you all tomorrow off to bed, on earlies in the morning.