Our sister sites
Our sister sites
Our sister sites
griff
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

01-08-2023, 04:33 PM
Lynn, it could be the oil cooler at fault
Brenda, I still have the number on WhatsApp and it says the code changed in march 2022 so it's still the same number as usually it says the number changed. She has her last seen etc as private or contacts only so I can't say anymore than that.
Chris, it's a never ending nightmare!!! Disgusting when you buy a scooter for your mobility and it doesn't stand up to use.
Met my uncle, he was made up with his console...bless him!
Lynn
Dogsey Veteran
Female  Gold Supporter 

01-08-2023, 04:49 PM
Gorden has just said that that is what he thinks it is. Trouble is it has to come apart to make sure so loads of dosh again only to find that isn't what it is. Plus man hours not cheap I expect to see if it is or isn't.
I wasn't keen on it I was making moves to sell it, it is really noisy and he said the 4x4 Antara's usually are nothing unusual, the noise winds me up.
The auto electrician will come over to clean the turbo on the Insignia so it tows as it should, only thing is it's not good if we go to the Bernese garden parties with the caravan as it's front wheel drive and doesn't like wet fields, that's why we bought the Antara so another 4x4 would be useful.
We do need another car here while one is out and at least once a week one of us is out, for emergencies if we get them with Brewster. It's worse now worrying after Dillon's bloat that really frightened us if we hadn't got a car to get to the vet we would lose him and horribly.

Lovely you had a nice time with your uncle.
griff
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

01-08-2023, 05:49 PM
I totally get not wanting to waste more money, I had it with Steve.... although his was small things I could fix, it was the time needing the car for work, it wasn't practical to sort it out....so it went to the big scrap heap in the sky!!
Yeah, was nice to see him and he was saying that maybe he will stay where he is for a while, I said I thought it was a good idea especially as he is still trying to get over his addiction and I suggested instead of getting a flat where he would most likely need to move, perhaps an over 55 sheltered housing might be better.... having his own place but also a community if he wants to be involved. My concern is that he will get his own place and it will be much easier for him to slip back into bad ways and I just feel some rules are better than none for him
Lynn
Dogsey Veteran
Female  Gold Supporter 

01-08-2023, 05:53 PM
That sounds like a good plan for your uncle griff.

Gorden has looked up oil cooler and what needs doing on an Antera and the first thing is they take the engine out as it's the easiest way to get to it.
The cost would not be worth it.
Sue L
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

01-08-2023, 06:25 PM
Good evening everyone

How upsetting for your neighbour Kelly. Hope she is ok now. He needs pulling down a peg or two and realize he can't talk to people like that t and get away with it

Oh dear Lynn you don't seem to have much luck with your cars. Hopefully you can get a decent price for it and buy something that will do everything you need it to do.

Hopefylly they will call you tomorrow Chris with an update and then you can demand they get it fixed asap as you can't get about without it.

Been t Ben's all day as he washout at work. The girls finally were ready t go out at about 11.30 so went to look as some roller skates. Sarah tried some on and I think you will be better with quads than inline but Ben want to go with them to buy them. Went back to his for lunch and then Maria insited I watch all the interview to do with the making of Bohemiam Rhapsody. She is Queen obese especially Brian May Took her to gymnastics and the other back here to feed. Now waiting for them togo and pick her up and go home. Day off tomorrow

Take care everyone.
griff
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

01-08-2023, 06:52 PM
Oooooo sue,I hate inline skates lol, they are like a death trap but that's probably just me....I don't like the brake at the back!! I much prefer quads
Lynn, deffo not worth faffing with then, if you can do stuff yourself, fine but engine out on a drive is not fun!!!
brenda1
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

01-08-2023, 07:19 PM
Not sure what that means? Surely if someone is trying to contact her by texting or phoning she'd answer? Or at least receive the text?
Lynn
Dogsey Veteran
Female  Gold Supporter 

01-08-2023, 07:58 PM
Busy day Sue, enjoy your day off tomorrow. No Sue we are not next one we will take along this mechanic, but he did say this has happened this morning and you wouldn't of picked it up until it happened.
Unfortunately for us 2 months after we bought it.
brenda I would think the text would be recieved.

It wouldn't be done here griff, he said he wouldn't be able to do it to bigger job for the driveway, he can do clutches etc., but not that.
He was going to look into some mechanics he knows with premises and see if they could do it and a ball park figure if it is the engine cooler at fault.
After Gorden looked up what it entailed whichever way we won't be having it done.
Kazz
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

02-08-2023, 05:17 PM
Good evening all

Been to work and catching up with friends and family nieces extension is coming along nicely they are now out of the ground and all drainage done brick layer in today they are to build to roof level (one storey)Andy his Dad and couple of friend putting the roof on. They are reusing their lovely French doors and also the kitchen window. They do not have the money to do the new kitchen yet but will at least be watertight and able to lay the their new (reclaimed) solid wood floor through the ground floor then save for kitchen etc all this done on savings so little by little.

Griff
What a palaver in your road do you think its your road that sends them doolally or are they doolally when they move in? Glad your Uncle is doing so well

Brenda Maybe that's a great idea traveling up to see her. Shake the basket a little its easy to ignore letters etc but a face to face meeting could simply break the ice.

Lynn Awww to Freya antics sounds like great time had by all. You need to hold onto this mechanic and take him as you say to get the next car have you looked at " agility net" for a car lots of people who are dog and show/agility mad selling there.

Sue A day off what will you be doing painting?

Chris Its almost as if they read your intentions when you don't want it back the scooter returns when you want it they keep it. But at least a light at the end of the tunnel now.

Have a great evening all
Page 2 of 2 < 1 2