Our sister sites
Our sister sites
Our sister sites
brenda1
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

21-07-2023, 06:49 AM

Freedom Friday 21st July 2023

Yep by now it is freedom Friday for lots of pupils. Hope you all survive having the kids home. Hope you all have a good day. Off for my wander. The tide is out I do believe.
griff
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

21-07-2023, 09:40 AM
Morning all
Ohhhhhh, dreading the school holidays, I shall have to warn my nice neighbour too. My friends daughter is at private school and she's been off 3 weeks already!
Waiting for a gaming chair for Steve, dpd say expecting it, Amazon says despatched, asked dpd .... nope just have parcel details, Amazon contacted the seller... Specifically ordered that one as next day delivery..,. trying to fit him collecting around his shifts is a pain
Sue L
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

21-07-2023, 10:31 AM
Good morning Brenda and Kelly

Hope the chair arrives whilst Steve is around to collect it.

Hope you had a nice wander Brenda

Lovely here this morning. Washing dried and ironed, Teazle walked and been into town to get my glasses repaired, new watch battery and strap and another door key cut as found we only had one for our back door. Have also ordered two new tyres for my car which I said I will call in next week to get fitted. Now having a coffee

Take care everyone.
Lynn
Dogsey Veteran
Female  Gold Supporter 

21-07-2023, 10:37 AM
Morning brenda, griff and all who follow.
Sunny and breezy here today.
Might pop the washing out to finish drying off the airer.
Bl**dy neighbour yesterday the one who parks so close to our driveway decided to light a bonfire at 11.30 yesterday morning.
We seem to have no set rules about bonfires here just you ought to be courteous to neighbours.
He gets days when I think he deliberately wants to upset the neighbours we don't take the bait though, I did however shout to Gorden what a bl**dy nuisance he is and maybe he would be better living in a field.
Vet this morning for 2nd vaccination for Brewster who now weighs a whopping 16.5 kgs at 3 months today.
7 days and he can start having short walks.
Vet wasn't overly concerned at the sloppy poops which have now cleared up after some pumpkin yesterday in his meals, didn't say it could be worms which I suspect, said it could be many things but happy I had said it cleared up after some pumpkin.
Ordered his worming tablet for next week, when it is due vet didn't try to make me buy from them, didn't ask what I feed just noted on his card his vaccination dates for next year, that's when I will be having the conversation about not re-vaccinating and after this worming tablet he will be going onto VermX daily for intestinal issues and next month there flea and tick repellent

Glad Maria is sorted have they given any idea of a timeline for her ? Michael used to suffer with adenoids and tonsils but the Dr was reluctant to remove either and said if he was still suffering by 16 he would reconsider.
Michael got his last bad bout at 15 and then rarely got bad throats after that, except when in his early twenties he got quinsy's ulcerated and can be dangerous if not sorted quickly. Dr thought he got off the plane when flying home from Dubai, he had some hard hitting ab's and thankfully didn't need them to be drained.
Off to the hairdresser later and to get some shopping after.

Hope everyone is well today.
griff hope the chair turns up.
Lynn
Dogsey Veteran
Female  Gold Supporter 

21-07-2023, 10:37 AM
Enjoy your well earned coffee Sue.
Kazz
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

21-07-2023, 12:42 PM
Right afternoon all.

Been to the play reading group very enjoyable and funny, back to normal for next month so they believe. Off to the carvery for this evenings dinner with friends cancelled from last week so looking forward to that. Had a good tidy round in the 2nd bedroom loads to get rid of to the skip and charity shop, so looking to be busy. Got to make an appointment at the skip then sort from there.
Brenda Hope the tide comes back in LOL have a good day.

B]Sue[/B] glad you have had a productive as always day already.

Lynn Possibly the chap just does not think we have one like that great 98% of the time then does something you actually think "is that an on purpose" but as we well no one responds we will never know and he is quiet/unnoticeable again for a while. His thing is a bonfire/incinerator fire and or reggae music really loud.

Chris How is your sister in law coping now and does she feel better in herself. when do you if indeed you do return to have our eyes checked again?

Griff Hope the chair makes it way to Steve's eventually, sure it will. Is he staying with the garage or still on the lookout for something else less stressful.

Stay well all catch you later
griff
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

21-07-2023, 04:06 PM
No chair and no tracking update.....not very happy! Steve will be even less pleased!!
Kazz, he will have to stay driving the bus, there's nothing that will match his pay and as he struggles with literacy...well, he is stuck. Wish I had met him a long time ago, his life would have been very different.
He was having an anxiety attack earlier, no idea what caused it but he was struggling to breathe, I have mentioned perhaps we should go back to the drs but he doesn't seem very happy about it....I will shout at him then he will go lol
griff
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

21-07-2023, 07:17 PM
Fuming, apparently the chair will be here Monday!! I now have to try and find somewhere to put a giant box until Steve can collect as mum and dad will be back Monday.....god knows what I am going to do with it
Chris
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

21-07-2023, 11:24 PM
Evening all

It was a decent morning here. Cloudy and cool but not too bad. It had thrown it down on and off for the rest of the day though

The scooter which should have been returned finally turned up today. Tracking said between 9 and 11 am and it turned up at 4 pm minus the charger that I sent back with it. Rang Glebe (never use this company again) and she said she couldn't see it anywhere so would order one from Pride. I can't see me getting that back until the end of next week so we are going to be juggling two scooters sharing a charger which should be fun as they take about 8 hours to fully charge. I am sick to the back teeth both with the scooters and with Glebe

Ted has been in a mood all afternoon and early evening. He was tired out but wouldn't sleep and you all know what puppies are like when they are overtired He finally nodded off about 10 pm and is now in his angelic, butter wouldn't melt pose while he's sleeping

Gary isn't talking to me again. He told a fib and I'm leaving him to sort it out so, of course, I'm the wicked witch of the west again. Actions have consequences son