Our sister sites
Our sister sites
Our sister sites
brenda1
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

12-07-2023, 05:47 AM

Well tis Wednesday 12th July 2023

Morning all. Hope you had a good evening and night. Woke early with the sun so fed the mummy seagull a defrosted salmon fish cake. I didn't fancy it after finding a bone or two in the others in the packet. She thought it was very tasty. She also knows I won't feed her if she is noisy. Very intelligent birds seagulls. Hope you all have a good day.
Lynn
Dogsey Veteran
Female  Gold Supporter 

12-07-2023, 07:43 AM
Morning brenda and all to follow.
Sunny with a nice breeze and Brewster is sleeping in the garden.
Fed, played and now worn out.

Chris I hope the eye op goes ahead today and it's not another wasted journey for you.
Lucky sea gull brenda.
griff hope you are feeling better.
Sue I hope things have settled down and you now know whether you're coming or going.
Kazz enjoy your day.
brenda1
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

12-07-2023, 08:26 AM
The seagull was here years ago and the people that were in this flat fed her. Last year she brought her baby to see me but there hasn't been one yet this year. She does hae a mate that comes sometimes. The word for today after playing scrabble is:Actiniae, really pretty sea anemones
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/File:Haeckel_Actiniae.jpg
Sue L
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

12-07-2023, 09:15 AM
Good morning Brenda and Lynn

We don't feed the seagulls here as when old neighbours where here and did the mess was awful. You couldn't hang washing out with out the fear of it getting dirty. Enjoy your visitor thought Brenda

Ah puppy ret time now time for you to do what you need before he wakes

Fingers cross th op goes ahead today Chris and not another wasted day.

Kazz I keep forgetting to answer your question about the grass but it has taken really well and you can hardly see the joinjust got to keep trying to raise the dip in the original part but that is a work in progress.

School run done again this morning and back again this afternoon. Maria did not get back fro her trip to Thorpe Park yesterday until 7.00pm. They had to leave the year 8 pupils there as some were stuck on a ride that had broken down. Hope they were not too late getting back.

I was meant to be house sitting for Ben this morning waiting for the engineer to come and repair the hot water part of his system but apparently that is next Wednesday Just got the ironing to do and change the bed

Take care everyone
Kazz
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

12-07-2023, 09:23 AM
Good Mid Moring all

I am just sort of waiting go the washing in machine as rainy all this week so far but this morning brightened up so having a go. Going to See Lion King at B'ham Hippodrome this afternoon, a birthday present.

Chris Hope all is going or by now gone ahead as planned.

Brenda Yes I am told they are intelligent birds, glad she enjoyed the salmon cake. So looks like she is keeping you under her hat and not telling the rest of the flock about the standard of food.

Lynn Has Freya met Brewster yet? enjoy your day sounds perfect. Sunshine and Puppy.

Sue Imagine as always you are rushed off your feet. But housesitting should be peaceful at least on hand. But makes the time fly by.

Griff Hope you are feeling better as Lynn says. Do you ever hear from Moyra?

Right all washing going out with high hopes for this nice breeze and sunshine to at least make a dent in the drying time before I go to the show catch you all later.
tumbleweed
Dogsey Veteran
Male 

12-07-2023, 09:34 AM

Teazle looking through an empty pringle tube
tumbleweed
Dogsey Veteran
Male 

12-07-2023, 09:45 AM
Two flies skating on a bald mans head.

one fly says to the other " What a great skating rink you have found".

The second fly replies " Yes it is now ,but a few years ago it was only a footpath"
Kazz
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

12-07-2023, 10:06 AM
Barry that is a fantastic photograph well done.
griff
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

12-07-2023, 12:05 PM
Just quick as I am about to see my uncle. No Kazz, I get a Christmas card via email from Moyra which is lovely, she got locked out of the forum and despite trying to reset and recover passwords.... nothing, I contacted Azz to see if he could helpbut never got a response and as Moyra is still not presenti guessshe never heard anything either. I had to do the same for norma as she had the same difficulty and I think she ended up having a new account, hopefully Moyra can still read as the forum isn't private and you don't need to be logged in to read, shame really as I think Moyra enjoyed the daily thread.
tumbleweed
Dogsey Veteran
Male 

12-07-2023, 02:11 PM
Thank you Kazz.

Griff

People vanish from forums for several reasons. I remember one I used to belong to called Silver Surfers. The lady who owned the site extracted as much help and information she could about her neighbour problems from members then banned them for personal reasons.

Also people get fed up because instead of a site mainly of conversations it turns into silly word/ letter games which brings the whole site down to its lowest level. so the interest has gone.

One particular site the first 8 out of 10 headings are exactly that

It is the same elsewhere as well. In BT for example those at the top had no idea of what engineers had to deal with and kept comming up with stupid rules that never could have worked

I can give just one of so many examples such as when BT went to gain a BSI standard, the higher managers decided that in our vans one side should be kept for new gear and the other for recovered , such as switchboards and power units and telephones

Well I had a Morris Marina van and just recovered a fairly large switchboard and equipment and the back of the van was chockablock with gear. Just put all that stuff in the back when up turned my manager to do a spot BSI inspection with a BSI inspector (British Standards Inspectorate)
they wanted to see if I had obeyed the rules laid down. That really pissed me off so I gave him the van keys and said to him you sort out old from new. You could not even open the back of the van doors without stuff falling out.

These two idiots my managers and the BSI inspector looked through the back van windows and came up with this would you believe. I still don't believe their solution

They said I should have left all the the phone equipment I recovered (large desk type switchboard-distribution panel -power unit- 18 telephones and cable) on the pavement and gone and rung up for a larger van to pick it up.
The problem is management don't listen go those who actually do the job and come up with crackpot ideas to make them look good in higher mamangement circles
Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 >