View our sister sites
Our sister sites
Our sister sites
Our sister sites
Loki's mum
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

25-05-2011, 12:47 PM
Saarloos can be very skittish too, it's no fun living with a skittish dog. Does she know anyone who has one who can give her the facts based on personal experience?

Also, just out of interest - why do you think this person will not cope with one of these dogs?
Jem
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

25-05-2011, 12:52 PM
Originally Posted by Loki's mum View Post
Saarloos can be very skittish too, it's no fun living with a skittish dog. Does she know anyone who has one who can give her the facts based on personal experience?

Also, just out of interest - why do you think this person will not cope with one of these dogs?
I think the reasons behind wanting the breed in question are just not viable, They are brill with the dogs they own already but i dont think they have the experience for czech's or sarloos. I just get a very bad feeling from it all x
Loki's mum
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

25-05-2011, 12:56 PM
Originally Posted by Jem View Post
I think the reasons behind wanting the breed in question are just not viable, They are brill with the dogs they own already but i dont think they have the experience for czech's or sarloos. I just get a very bad feeling from it all x
Fair enough. What breeds do they have experience of?
Jem
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

25-05-2011, 01:09 PM
Originally Posted by Loki's mum View Post
Fair enough. What breeds do they have experience of?
a mixture really, shepards, dalmations, and a mutt x
sarah1983
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

25-05-2011, 01:09 PM
it's no fun living with a skittish dog
I'd have to agree with this! I've deterred people from getting a dog simply by letting them be around Rupert for a few hours but none of them already owned a dog.

Why do they want this type of dog? If you know what they expect the dog to be and do then you may find ways to persuade them that it's not the right breed for you but at the end of the day it's their decision and all you can do is advise.
Insomnia
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

26-05-2011, 09:29 AM
any joy in deterring?
Page 2 of 2 < 1 2