Our sister sites
Our sister sites
Our sister sites
liverbird
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

27-10-2009, 04:40 PM

Missy,s story

i wasnt sure where to post this thread.. i have crossed post it from another forum

there is a small rescue in st Helens Liverpool called Paws and Claws and yesterday they had a 4 year old GSD in urgently needing a home. this is
Missy's Story

Missy came into our care today, she is currently being fostered by Debbie.

we got Missy from a Lady who had only had her for 2 weeks, she had seen her advertised on ''pre-loved'' as looking for a good home. she was inappalling conditions, kept outside in a run with no shelter and had just had a litter of puppies taken away from her at six weeks.

the lady brought her home but her own personal circumstances changed suddenly, she took Missy to the vets,. had her wormed and flead but could not afford the treatment for an apparent ear infection.

the lady then advertsed Missy on ''pre-loved'' herself and this is how she has ended up with us.

Debbie brought her to see me today and my first reaction was '' I,m in Love'' to say Missy is lovely is an understament, she is great with Kittens (at Debbies mums) there where children at the house we got her from, the youngest was 2 and she was great with my rats and my dogs.

Our vet is treating her ear mites, she fell asleep in the waiting room, she appears to be about 4 years old, but the one thing the vet can,t treat her for is depression, my heart broke, all she wants is to give you gentle paws, she needs to be cajoled into eating, she is the most beautiful needy dog I have ever seen.

she is a perfect example of how neglegt can destroy the spirit.... in saying that it is not something that can;t be put right with loving, gentle kindness and maybe a companion to play with.

she did liven up when took for a walk with Debbies Kai.

I really hope we can find her the loving home she deserves.

ClaireandDaisy
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

27-10-2009, 04:44 PM
She is beautiful. I hope she finds her forever home soon. And a big hug to all the people involved in her rescue.
Helena54
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

27-10-2009, 04:47 PM
Are you sure there isn't room for one more on top??? She sure is a beautiful girl, I sooooo wish I could give her the loving, caring, forever home she deserves, but my husband is adamant 2 is enough for us - I'll work on it though, but don't hold your breath! From what I've experienced through the german shepherd rescue sites, a beautiful, young dog like Missy will have a waiting list around the block don't you worry about that!
liverbird
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

27-10-2009, 05:01 PM
i'd love to have her too. but i have 3 dogs already,
if only
Helena54
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

27-10-2009, 06:54 PM
She looks that silver sable, do you think she is??? Beautiful colour! I'm going to show her to Dave now....... finger's crossed then!
tabsmagic
Dogsey Senior
Female 

27-10-2009, 06:59 PM
her name really suits her!
youngstevie
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

27-10-2009, 07:06 PM
Awwwwwwww how stunning is she.

I have my fingers crossed for her xxxxxxx
tawneywolf
Female  Gold Supporter 

27-10-2009, 07:14 PM
She is beautiful. How can anyone do that to little puppies and their mummy, just separate them like that, poor girl no wonder she is depressed, and what a dreadful life she has had up to now. Things are going to change for the better for her any day now by the sound of things.
annmarie
Dogsey Senior
Female 

27-10-2009, 09:09 PM
awww what a pretty girl ...good luck baby xxx
liverbird
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

27-10-2009, 10:59 PM
Originally Posted by tawneywolf View Post
She is beautiful. How can anyone do that to little puppies and their mummy, just separate them like that, poor girl no wonder she is depressed, and what a dreadful life she has had up to now. Things are going to change for the better for her any day now by the sound of things.
i really hope so
Page 1 of 2 1 2 >