Our sister sites
Our sister sites
Cassius
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

30-05-2009, 06:50 PM

Oscar & Parrots

Hi All,

We came back from Ibiza this afternoon. went last saturday for a week, just for half term.

On Wednesday there was a parrot show in the hotel. Once the show had finished, Oscar wqas the first to get close to the parrots.

Here's the photo I took.

He absolutely loved it and was full of it until the birds of prey show last night (no photos though). He was then full of that until we landed today and he was allowed inside the copckpit with the pilots (only cos I had to wait for a wheelchair to get off the aircraft so nobody else was on board).

Laura xx
jackiew
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

30-05-2009, 10:46 PM
what a lovely picture

is that a blue and gold macaw on his lap???
Cassius
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

31-05-2009, 12:27 PM
Hi,

Yes Jackie it is. i twas too neavy to go anywhere other than in Oscar's arms. Some of the adults alter on had him on their heads (and a few got pooped on which all the kids thought absoklutely hilarious).

It's a shame the picture doesn't really show the size f him in relation to Oscar or the Cockatoo.

If my Dad's scanner is working, I'll scan the official photo we bought and post it up. It's much better than mine,.

Laura xx
Vicki
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

31-05-2009, 12:29 PM
Fab photo, Laura - looks like you all had a brilliant time!
Helena54
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

31-05-2009, 12:48 PM
I love these We went to a sea world thing in Mallorca and they had a parrot show on there it was sooooo funny, and we had our picture taken with one of those big mcaws on our arms, it felt really strange, those big feet sitting on your arm, and they were very heavy too! I still have the piccy but I put it in a frame it's sooooo nice, and it's a one off chance of a lifetime to do that I think! Glad you enjoyed your parrot show, such intelligent birds aren't they
jackiew
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

31-05-2009, 01:04 PM
Originally Posted by Stumpywop View Post
Hi,

Yes Jackie it is. i twas too neavy to go anywhere other than in Oscar's arms. Some of the adults alter on had him on their heads (and a few got pooped on which all the kids thought absoklutely hilarious).

It's a shame the picture doesn't really show the size f him in relation to Oscar or the Cockatoo.

If my Dad's scanner is working, I'll scan the official photo we bought and post it up. It's much better than mine,.

Laura xx
i own blue and gold macaws and a cockatoo so anytime your son wants to get up close again come see us
Cassius
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

31-05-2009, 02:09 PM
Oh Jackie that would be fantastic. I may hold you to that. Thank you.

I notice from your profile you have BCs too. When out walking with YS Oscar likes to pretend to be a Collie. He's more of a dog tha a human chiild but one that loves all animals too.

Laura xx
jackiew
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

31-05-2009, 05:02 PM
Originally Posted by Stumpywop View Post
Oh Jackie that would be fantastic. I may hold you to that. Thank you.

I notice from your profile you have BCs too. When out walking with YS Oscar likes to pretend to be a Collie. He's more of a dog tha a human chiild but one that loves all animals too.

Laura xx
you would be welcome anytime
we will have baby macaws in about 3 weeks time i am sure your son would love them too

yes we have 2 border collies who are mad as hatters and love kids
Jessica
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

04-06-2009, 03:06 PM
What a lovely experience for him! Is the B&G on its back in his lap?

I would always recommend going to visit Jackie and her birds! A lovely lady and her little baby that she brought to see me was just sooooo cute!!
Cassius
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

07-06-2009, 07:13 PM
Hi All,

As promised, here is the official photo of Oscar and the birds.

Oscar with Pancho (in his arms) and Enid (on his shoulder).

Laura xx
Page 1 of 2 1 2 >