Our sister sites
Our sister sites
Our sister sites
Westie_N
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

02-10-2009, 10:16 AM
Originally Posted by Shona View Post
I currently live with a dog thats ment to be a pit x. though I dont see it in her, to me shes a staff x

Whatever she is, she is lovely. I remember you telling us about her a while ago, Shona.
Krusewalker
Dogsey Veteran
Male 

02-10-2009, 10:26 AM
Originally Posted by Westie_N View Post
Yes, I will indeed be keeping me beady eye on him AND the pup as I wouldn't like to see it come to any POSSIBLE harm. As I said, it's the pup I'll be looking out for as it's welfare is important to me, I couldn't give two hoots about the guy!

What's wrong with that? Would you rather I turned a blind eye all the time when there are many problems in society regarding the welfare of ALL dogs in general? I think not.
That's all very good, and i commend you for it.
But this quote above is not exactly saying the same thing as this quote below:

I've never seen this guy before but I'll certainly be keeping my wits about me and keeping an eye on him and the pup, just in case.

I'm no expert in either breed, but could this be a Pitbull or a very large Staffie right enough?
Which, in themselves, were given in the context of the several uncertain comments based around the dogs look (breed, size) as opposed to behaviour, which you admitted yourself was great.
So it did all seem a bit odd and arguing against even the logic of your own words, let alone logic of canines.

And you hadnt told us about him being a druggie.

If you hadn't entitled the thread the way you had, and if your first post had been explained in the way you explained your later posts, I simply would not have inquired in the way i did.

As regards you expressed interest in working out the breed of the dog (which is quite hard anyway, as we havent seen it, and you said you couldnt see it properly yourself), i have responded accordingly by asking some questions (I've only ever really asked questions), as i do know about the legal definition of a pitbull type (albeit the DDA is crap).
The ball would be in your court on that one.
Westie_N
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

02-10-2009, 10:27 AM
Just in case anyone doesn't realise by now, I am most definitely not breedist!
Krusewalker
Dogsey Veteran
Male 

02-10-2009, 10:33 AM
understood
Westie_N
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

02-10-2009, 10:33 AM
Originally Posted by Krusewalker View Post
That's all very good, and i commend you for it.
But this quote above is not exactly saying the same thing as this quote below:

Which, in themselves, were given in the context of the several uncertain comments based around the dogs look (breed, size) as opposed to behaviour, which you admitted yourself was great.
So it did all seem a bit odd and arguing against even the logic of your own words, let alone logic of canines.

And you hadnt told us about him being a druggie.

If you hadn't entitled the thread the way you had, and if your first post had been explained in the way you explained your later posts, I simply would not have inquired in the way i did.

As regards you expressed interest in working out the breed of the dog (which is quite hard anyway, as we havent seen it, and you said you couldnt see it properly yourself), i have responded accordingly by asking some questions (I've only ever really asked questions), as i do know about the legal definition of a pitbull type (albeit the DDA is crap).
The ball would be in your court on that one.
I was not making an argument out of it. How many times, Kruse? I was simply trying to determind what breed it is.

I decided, at first, to refrain from posting specific details about the owner. However, as I'm getting shot down for this I thought it best to explain what he was like, to try and defend myself.

I know the DDA is crap and needs serious reviewing and if I'm not mistaken, you seem to think I'd report the dog if I suspected it was of Pitbill type. Let me tell you that that is not the case and that's not something I would do purely because it may be of type.
lozzibear
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

02-10-2009, 10:34 AM
Hello lozzibear

I completely appreciate your concerns about some types of owners with some types of dogs.
I've had to deal with that as well.

i think it was just the way westie worded it.
for example, the quotes you chose above:

but then followed by a 'will keep a beady eye on them'

such phrases and others about big dogs and the title of the thread did give one pause to think where this thread was coming from...... which was a fair question to ask on a dog lovers forum, under the circumstances.

(and no, im NOT saying westie isnt a dog lover).

From the brief desprition given though, i imagined staffy X, as opposed to pit bull (irish staffie pseudonym) type?
but she wants to make sure no harm comes to the pup, she will be keeping an eye out that he isnt used for fighting or anything like that... she didnt say anything bad about any of those breeds. she didnt say anything like 'will need to watch out coz these breeds can be aggressive' etc, coz she knows its not the breed, its the owners... if im making any sense

also, would just like to add. the APBT is one of my favourite breeds, they are on my dream list. i have read a lot about them and have done lots of research about many things to do with them. i did many talks and essays at school about them. and just before the summer i did a talk at college about them, i passed with flying colours and my lecturer said it is obvious that i know a lot about them and that i have a passion for them, which i do. for me, it is always the deed and never the breed
Shona
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

02-10-2009, 10:42 AM
for me the biggest issue I would have with a drug addict having a young dog, would be the same as them having a young kid. Somethimes they are so spaced out they dont know whats going on, I have heard of a few young dogs being badly burned when chip pans have been dropped on them and other horrid things,

to me if he has this dog, It would be unlikely he wants to fight the dog, more personal I would think, eg it would deter other druggies having a go at him.
Krusewalker
Dogsey Veteran
Male 

02-10-2009, 10:57 AM
Originally Posted by Westie_N View Post
I was not making an argument out of it. How many times, Kruse? I was simply trying to determind what breed it is.

I just said i now know that.
That's obviously why have i now asked some more questions regarding what he looked like, which is up to you to answer if you wish to continue to pursue that interest......with the health warning we havent seen the dog, and you said you hadnt seen the dog properly either, so its still hard to call.
But as i keep repeating, that wasnt made altogether that clear to some people in your first post, when you consider some of your phrasing and the thread title. But i understand better since you explained better.
If you dispassionately sit back and look at your first post again objectivity, you may appreciate the references I have made.
I think most people have understood what i saw and what i meant.

I decided, at first, to refrain from posting specific details about the owner.

If you had given your full story and concerns in your first post (possibly with a different title), I wouldn't have said anything

I know the DDA is crap and needs serious reviewing and if I'm not mistaken, you seem to think I'd report the dog if I suspected it was of Pitbill type. Let me tell you that that is not the case and that's not something I would do purely because it may be of type.
When did i say that?
I have explained several times (including above) what my motivation was.

Originally Posted by lozzibear View Post
but she wants to make sure no harm comes to the pup, she will be keeping an eye out that he isnt used for fighting or anything like that... she didnt say anything bad about any of those breeds. she didnt say anything like 'will need to watch out coz these breeds can be aggressive' etc, coz she knows its not the breed, its the owners... if im making any sense

I have already said i now know this and commend her for that, but this wasn't made clear in the first post/thread title.
Westie_N
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

02-10-2009, 10:59 AM
Originally Posted by Shona View Post
for me the biggest issue I would have with a drug addict having a young dog, would be the same as them having a young kid. Somethimes they are so spaced out they dont know whats going on, I have heard of a few young dogs being badly burned when chip pans have been dropped on them and other horrid things,

to me if he has this dog, It would be unlikely he wants to fight the dog, more personal I would think, eg it would deter other druggies having a go at him.
Yes, I agree with this also. There are many factors which could be risky for this particular pup in question and other pups in situations like this.
lozzibear
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

02-10-2009, 11:18 AM

I have already said i now know this and commend her for that, but this wasn't made clear in the first post/thread title.
i know you have, but at first you didnt. i was just trying to make the point that thats what she was meaning. people keep saying how it was written, i understood it correctly...
Closed Thread
Page 4 of 13 < 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 > Last »