Our sister sites
Our sister sites
Our sister sites
Westie_N
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

13-12-2008, 01:18 PM

London trip disaster!

Well, what can I say, I'm completely p*ssed off, big time.

Firstly, see my thread i in General Dog Chat about Harrods selling livestock.

I was in tears for almost an hour after leaving Harrods then my friend and I decided to go to the Chistmas Wonderland at Hyde Park. It was good fun and we had German waffles with apple and cinammon and a ride on the big wheel, but Harrods had put a bit of a downer on it all.

We then went to Covent Garden for a wander around the shops and market then went for dinner, which was lovely.

By this point I was obviously still sad about Harrods but was really looking forward to seeing Lee Mead in Joseph, which was the whole point in going to London in the first place! I'm obsessed with him, I love him!

Walked to the theatre, which was on the Strand and not far from Covent Garden. Sussed out the stage door where I was hoping to meet Lee after the show when he left, only to meet a couple of woman who said Lee was not well and wasn't performing that night! That got me going again and I ended up crying my eyes out! I was gutted, totally devastated and cannot begin to explain how much. I went all the way down from the West of Scotland to see him!

I didn't want to see some person I didn't know in Joseph and ruin the thought for me. I want to see Lee Mead in Joseph, in the west end! So now I have to get my ticket exchanged for another day, and traipse away down to London again before January 10th as that's when he finishes. I'm gonig to sort that out today. It's going to cost me more money.

I know the Joseph thing sounds ridiculous to most of you, but I am gutted.

I went to see Blood Brothers inseat after getting tickets at a discount box office at Leicester Square. It was fantastic and I did enjoy it. It had Nikki from X Factor in it and a Nolan sister (can't remember which one).

I hardly slept on Thursday night, but we had a good day yesterday. We went to Horseguards Parade and seen changing of the guards. We had a look in the new museum there which was fantastic and seen the horses in their stable. Stunning beasts and obviously well cared for. It was great to see them.

We wandered around the shops and crossed the bridge to have a wander around the Christmas market at the London Eye.

The car parking at the aiport was a fiasco as well and I had to phone the NCP car park this morning to sort it out. What a carry on.

So, now I have to deal with my next trip to see Joseph, Harrods, got Christmas cards to do and presents to post. Why me?
Fernsmum
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

13-12-2008, 01:38 PM
I'm so sorry it all went wrong for you xx
Nippy
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

13-12-2008, 01:43 PM
Oh my, what a bad time you had, so very disappointing.
You must have walked your feet off with all that walking, London is tiring enough at the best of times
Vicki
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

13-12-2008, 03:50 PM
What a disappointment hon.
Hope the next time is a complete success xxxx
Ben Mcfuzzylugs
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

13-12-2008, 04:15 PM
Oh sorry to hear your trip wasnt the best
Next time eh?
bens mum
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

13-12-2008, 05:10 PM
such ashame your trip wasnt a good one. but at least u can hit the sales down oxford street in january
also if u can manage it a trip around camden markets. theres a smashing pub called the ice warf. its wetherspoon pub so food and drinks really reasonable. i picked up a full length leather coat with a furry collar. in the stables market (new bit there) for £10-00.now thats a good deal.
its an amazing day out. i head off there every chance i get
Dale's mum
Almost a Veteran
Female 

13-12-2008, 05:51 PM
Oh Nicola. What a pity! It should have been a great trip. Hope your second attempt to see him is more successful.
Lynn
Dogsey Veteran
Female  Gold Supporter 

13-12-2008, 05:53 PM
Sorry it didn't go well for you hope January is better.
Westie_N
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

13-12-2008, 06:45 PM
Originally Posted by Fernsmum View Post
I'm so sorry it all went wrong for you xx
Just my luck.
Westie_N
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

13-12-2008, 06:47 PM
Originally Posted by Nippy View Post
Oh my, what a bad time you had, so very disappointing.
You must have walked your feet off with all that walking, London is tiring enough at the best of times
Yes, we walked a lot, but we got the underground plenty of times. It really is very disappointing, Jenny.

Originally Posted by Vicki View Post
What a disappointment hon.
Hope the next time is a complete success xxxx
It was. Thanks Vicki. Ticketmaster are phoning me back on Monday once they get the authorisation from the theatre to change my ticket/

Originally Posted by Ben Mcfuzzylugs View Post
Oh sorry to hear your trip wasnt the best
Next time eh?
Hopefully Pam!
Page 1 of 8 1 2 3 4 > Last »