Our sister sites
Our sister sites
Our sister sites
kat14778
Dogsey Senior
Female 

16-04-2011, 03:36 PM

Some people !!!!!!!!

Im so angry with parcel force ordered a bag of pro plan, 24 bottles of hydro dog and some tablets to help dogs deal with the heat as my boy tends to suffer really badly with it and a couple of other thing . the bill came to around 50 pounds. i was working on fri when pf came to deliver so they decided they would give it to some people down the street to pass on to me.any one else would have been fine but these people are close to being evicted and dont give a s**t about anyone. ive been trying since 4 o clock yesterday afternoon to get my parcel and each time i go round no body has been in have left a note to get in touch still nothing i also rang parcel force who says its there policy to leave with a neighbour if your out these people are not my neighbours they live two doors away i really dont think ill get my parcel do you think i could get pf to pay amount ive lost ?
majuka
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

16-04-2011, 04:02 PM
What a nuisance. Do you think it is worth calling the company you ordered from - I imagine they put a lot of business parcel forces way and they might have a bit more influence than you?

Hope that your boy is doing ok.
HiHoSilver
Dogsey Senior
Male 

16-04-2011, 04:07 PM
I assume it was the supplier not you that hired parcel force to deliver,it is their job to take it up with them not yours.
You are entitled to a replacement order at no cost to you.
kat14778
Dogsey Senior
Female 

16-04-2011, 04:26 PM
i will be ringing the supplier on monday yes they hired pf dont understand why they couldnt just leave a card im more than happy to collect from the depot just glad it wasnt something really valuable or un replaceable
Lou
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

16-04-2011, 04:52 PM
Oh No!

Hope you get your parcel soon xx
wallaroo
Almost a Veteran
Female 

16-04-2011, 05:09 PM
A similar thing happened to us a few years ago. They left it with someone way down the other end of the road, and didn't even put a card through telling us! Luckily on that occasion the people did bring our parcel back. They didn't have to as we didn't even know it had been left with them!

We put in a complaint to royal mail recently too, as they kept leaving signed for parcels in the bins (even when I know the neighbours were in and would have taken it for me) and on one occasion I found out the postie had forged my signature. Not that they did anything about it!
Helena54
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

16-04-2011, 05:12 PM
I wouldn't bother trying any more with these people it's been left with, I'd just be ringing up the delivery company and telling them you did NOT instruct them to leave it at another address, so it's their problem that they did, let them get it back, which they will don't you worry! Bladdy annoying for you, but don't worry, you'll get your parcel eventually!
Luthien
Dogsey Senior
Female 

16-04-2011, 05:17 PM
Hope you get your parcel soon.

When I'm expecting a parcel, and the website hasn't allowed directions if I'm not in, I stick a note on the door, specifying which neighbour to leave it with. My posties are usually really good, and stick a note through and either leave it next door or in the paper bin if I haven't.

I'm sure your parcels holders will come home soon. Maybe take a small box of choccies as a thank you for their inconvenience? It may make them a bit more forthcoming if it happens again.
Velvetboxers
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

16-04-2011, 05:29 PM
Very annoying
Nippy
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

16-04-2011, 06:00 PM
I think this is very bad practice, they have no way of knowing who they are leaving things with. I would be making a fuss

Originally Posted by Luthien View Post
Hope you get your parcel soon.

When I'm expecting a parcel, and the website hasn't allowed directions if I'm not in, I stick a note on the door, specifying which neighbour to leave it with. My posties are usually really good, and stick a note through and either leave it next door or in the paper bin if I haven't.

I'm sure your parcels holders will come home soon. Maybe take a small box of choccies as a thank you for their inconvenience? It may make them a bit more forthcoming if it happens again.
I would never leave a note on my door. It just tells everyone that there is no one at home.
Page 1 of 2 1 2 >