Our sister sites
Our sister sites
Our sister sites
Murf
Dogsey Veteran
Male 

29-10-2011, 09:21 PM
Never worried till Coco.
She is tiny and friendly and can be picked with ease...
madisondobie
Almost a Veteran
Female 

29-10-2011, 09:32 PM
Did worry when i got Madison as twice when out walking her i was asked if i wanted to sell her!!! and once a skip lorry pulled over and i was given someones business card to contact him in the future as he wanted to breed his male with her - she was 5mths!!!!!!
Will just be careful with Merf.
Trouble
Dogsey Veteran
Female  Diamond Supporter 

29-10-2011, 09:48 PM
Not really although I did have a bit of an incident when Rio was a pup, two blokes with a lead and no dog asked if I'd seen a jack russel as they couldn't find him but tbh I didn't believe them as they were far too interested in Rio till Syd came flying round the bend followed by the OH and they left pretty quickly. I guess it could be an issue with Tucson the pug but she's got her minders to protect her and Diesel especially is very protective of her.
PB&J
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

29-10-2011, 09:59 PM
When Gelert was about four/five months I was out walking him, had just left the park when a white van pulled up and the driver started asking me about him, saying that he was 'after one of them' and wanted to know if I 'had any more' Needless to say I stood well back and had a tight grip on the lead before making my excuses. Would rather come across a bit paranoid than have a stolen dog.
labradork
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

29-10-2011, 10:04 PM
I wouldn't say it worries me per say because I would never put my dogs in the position where it could happen (tied outside a shop, left in garden when I'm out, etc.). I wouldn't think anyone would be interested in Dexter or Tilly as they are common breeds, but Bo attracts a lot of attention. So, I'm aware of it but not worried. If you are sensible about not putting your dog(s) in compromising positions, you should be fine.
K'Ehleyr
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

29-10-2011, 10:06 PM
Originally Posted by PB&J View Post
When Gelert was about four/five months I was out walking him, had just left the park when a white van pulled up and the driver started asking me about him, saying that he was 'after one of them' and wanted to know if I 'had any more' Needless to say I stood well back and had a tight grip on the lead before making my excuses. Would rather come across a bit paranoid than have a stolen dog.
Exactly, we usually do walks in a 2 dogs then 1 routine, with K and iskhka I always have to be in charge of K as my OHs attitude is "that dog has no respect for anyone that isnt you". So he has Ishka, if someone comes to stroke her I am always like hold the dog hold the dog like a paranoid mad women. I would be devasted if she got nicked though so I think the paranoia is worth it. i do like my city a lot but there is lots of theft in liverpool.
JIMMY LAW
Dogsey Junior
Male 

29-10-2011, 10:16 PM
Normally in Liverpool want fighting dogs, but receintly lads have been asking about hunting dogs and their traits whch is a bit concerning. I have noticed recently that there are more Beagles coming around the area which is a bad sign.
PB&J
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

29-10-2011, 10:17 PM
I am a worrier at heart, always have been. I don't fret excessively about it but better to be safe than sorry and take the necessary precautions. I worry more with Gelert because he's a complete tart who'd walk off with anyone without a backwards glance
lozzibear
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

29-10-2011, 10:26 PM
I don't really worry... I think Jake is a gorgeous boy, but lets be honest... he isn't the most desirable A neutered unknown cross

I do worry about people stealing dogs for use as bait dogs though... but, I think it is a small chance so I wouldn't say it 'worries' me.
kammi_sparky123
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

29-10-2011, 11:14 PM
Yeah I do sometimes worry with Alfie being friendly and small, and know I will worry when I get my GSD pup too....

What I do with Alfie if someone seems "too" interested, is when they crouch down to stroke him, I crouch down too (like I'm chatting) and I "stroke" him by his collar, just in case
Page 2 of 7 < 1 2 3 4 5 > Last »