Our sister sites
Our sister sites
Our sister sites
Manyana13
Almost a Veteran
Female 

17-08-2010, 09:38 PM

My crazy cats....

I just had to share this... as it was so amusing!

It is such a beautiful night here that we thought we would take Poppy for a walk down the road to the park. We don't normally do this because we have a huge garden that she runs about in. Anyway, off we went... and a few minutes down the road we walked past some people going in the opposite direction to us and giggling, but looking at us, so I looked back... and right behind me was my trio of cats, all 3 of them walking alongside each other right behind me . They have never ever followed us down the road in the last 2 years we have lived here, but there they were walking with us and staying with us, so we let them be. They came to the park with is and the came home with us. We got a lot of strange looks mind, I mean who walks their dog and three cats to the park?! Our cats are part time outdoor cats anyway, but walked right by our sides, even though they have been to the park all by themselves before! It was so funny, I had to share it! We don't live in a big place, so I can imagine this will give the locals something to talk about (as I am not local). They must think us Scots are nutters!
wilbar
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

25-08-2010, 07:55 AM
How lovely. Maybe they were wondering why you'd never followed them to the park before!

I take my cats out for walks too (not with the dogs as they get driven to the countryside) but I live in a quiet close with a big green outside so it's safe to walk the cats around there. They often nag me to go out to play with them & we patrol the same route together with one cat rushing ahead, climbing up trees, investigating gardens etc. The other cat stays much closer to me & is a bit more wary, but both come willingly.

I work as a feline behaviourist under vet referral & I've often used a cat's natural territorial patrolling behaviours to sort out behaviour problems, especially territory disputes with neighbourhood cats. I've also taught people to introduce their cats to a lightweight harness & lead & take it for walks in quiet, safe areas. It can be a lovely way to bond with a cat
cava14una
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

25-08-2010, 07:59 AM
That made me laugh I can just see them strutting along
Manyana13
Almost a Veteran
Female 

25-08-2010, 08:09 AM
Originally Posted by wilbar View Post
How lovely. Maybe they were wondering why you'd never followed them to the park before!

I take my cats out for walks too (not with the dogs as they get driven to the countryside) but I live in a quiet close with a big green outside so it's safe to walk the cats around there. They often nag me to go out to play with them & we patrol the same route together with one cat rushing ahead, climbing up trees, investigating gardens etc. The other cat stays much closer to me & is a bit more wary, but both come willingly.

I work as a feline behaviourist under vet referral & I've often used a cat's natural territorial patrolling behaviours to sort out behaviour problems, especially territory disputes with neighbourhood cats. I've also taught people to introduce their cats to a lightweight harness & lead & take it for walks in quiet, safe areas. It can be a lovely way to bond with a cat
That is lovely to hear, and also reassuring as I was thinking we had all gone a bit loopy and that the cats were suffering from fear of missing out!

Originally Posted by cava14una View Post
That made me laugh I can just see them strutting along
Yes, thats exactly what they were doing - strutting!!