Our sister sites
Our sister sites
Our sister sites
aliwin
Dogsey Senior
Female 

10-08-2010, 02:09 PM
Originally Posted by chaz View Post
Hope that you manage to get the little black kitten, if not though look in your inbox
Chaz, what's in the inbox, you know I hate secrets
Razcox
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

10-08-2010, 02:41 PM
Originally Posted by Velvetboxers View Post
I didnt go to the CPL - was talking to one of their home checkers in the vets and mentioned I lived near a busy road and was told the cat would have to be a "house cat" then - dosent quite tie in with what you were told does it. That is what annoys me with some rescues, non consistency and they wonder why they end up with so many animals not homed

We got our muchkins through a private rescue - 2 1/2 hours journey from us He was worth the wait [booked when couple days old] and the long drive. Big bonus was the fact at 8 weeks he was already litter trained.

I odnt know about anyone elses but our boy is so fast - like a mini tornado.

Ask your vet about spacing the vaccines over 3 visits as opposed to 2. Our boy took a very bad reaction to the second vaccs. If I knew then [last week] what I knew now I would defo ask them spread out a bit more.

Having a kitten is better than watching TV and I feel I must warn you, they are real time wasters

The dogs are fantastic with them and he can be so naughty - he is a very tiny kitten and looks even tinier beside our dogs [Boxers] he hooks his tiny paw round their legs and nips them to get them to play and chase him

Good luck - hope to hear soon you have your new little girl/boy. We are so taken/smitten we are going to get another one, if not this year, then next summer
Its awful really, i know they just want the best for the cats but sometimes they come across as so condesending. We got a lecture when we got our kittens from them years ago. We were living in a small holding with horses near sheep and they told us the horses could kick the cats and they could get ticks from the sheep. My nan has kept cats all her life so i think she knows about pest control! LOL
Jadey
Dogsey Senior
Female 

11-08-2010, 01:25 PM
Spoken to RSPCA the other people didn't call back so my OH is going to try take deposit in today as I'm at work but he's working near the RSPCA if not then I can take it in tomorrow and I'll go and give him another cuddle Then they'll arrange the home visit .... What happens on the home visit does anyone know?
chaz
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

12-08-2010, 10:25 AM
Originally Posted by aliwin View Post
Chaz, what's in the inbox, you know I hate secrets
Not a cat, but a breed rescue one that they prefer their cats to be indoor cats because of different things, including the breeds temperment (I've actually picked up one of these cats before, as I left at around half six on a winters morning to get to college, reconised the breed, and thought I knew the cat, it came to the name, and then let me carry it down a alley until I got to a lampost and realised it was a bi-colour not a colour point so totally the wrong cat, mind you after I put it back where I found it the cat tried following me). One of my fav breeds of cats, and really stunning to look at.
aliwin
Dogsey Senior
Female 

12-08-2010, 02:54 PM
Originally Posted by chaz View Post
Not a cat, but a breed rescue one that they prefer their cats to be indoor cats because of different things, including the breeds temperment (I've actually picked up one of these cats before, as I left at around half six on a winters morning to get to college, reconised the breed, and thought I knew the cat, it came to the name, and then let me carry it down a alley until I got to a lampost and realised it was a bi-colour not a colour point so totally the wrong cat, mind you after I put it back where I found it the cat tried following me). One of my fav breeds of cats, and really stunning to look at.
Just imagining you with the wrong cat
Jadey
Dogsey Senior
Female 

12-08-2010, 03:22 PM
Went and put the deposit on him today and went to give him another cuddle and took my 2 year old sister to see him she loved him

Just got to wait around week for a home visit now i really hope i pass

Will have my work cut out for me he was in the pen on his own today as his sister a little tabby has gone and all he was doing was running round jumping on his toy mice and even tipped his bed upside down and started pushing that around... then bit my nose and put a claw in my neck when i cuddled him... but all the while purring so i take that as he wants me to take him home

Thinking of a name at the moment but not sure if that will jinx it lol i wont buy anything until i know he's coming home with us
Manyana13
Almost a Veteran
Female 

12-08-2010, 04:07 PM
Oh bless... sounds like he has definitly picked you! I hope it all works out. I am not sure what happens at the home visit, so cannot help thete. But keep us updated.
chaz
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

13-08-2010, 10:56 AM
Originally Posted by aliwin View Post
Just imagining you with the wrong cat
You should of seen my face , I knew it was a ragdoll, but when I got to the light and realised it was a cream bi-colour and not a cream colour point I felt a bit embarassed lol, also made me wonder what cat would come to the name raggles (which is the name of the cat I thought it was lol) unless there was two cats named the same thing, the little cat though as I was carrying it was just sat in my arms purring, when I spoke to the woman whose cat I thought it was (she is in the welfare side) she said I should of carried on and took it to hers, as then when the owners saw it went missing she could tell them about the dangers, but I could never do that, I mean yes the cat did prove that it would be easy for anyone to take (which is one of the reasons the raggie breed is recommended to stay indoors, they are too friendly for their own good), but that could you imagine how the owners would of felt? Mind you I am a bit concered about that cat, as the cat I thought it was got out one day and ended up locked in a shed the other side of the village and when putting posters up the owner got told by someone that if they found him they would sell him so maybe if I did do the shock tactic the owners could of been more aware of the issues, but I just don't think I could ever do something like that mind you that cat hasn't been since, a few people saw him before down that way, but after a while he disapeared
Page 2 of 2 < 1 2