Female  Gold Supporter 

12-01-2011, 03:06 PM
Originally Posted by melsgems View Post
excellent news that Nadia is pleased with his progress. We all are too

Lets hope he continues and manages to get those extra trips out

Give him a bikky from me

xx
Thank you.

Had an e-mail back from Nadia and she has said she doesn't see why taking him out a bit more will cause any problems she doesn't feel it will be be detrimental to his progress.

She said of course she would like us to be sensible about it as she does not want us to get somewhere and then he is to tired to make it back home. Which of course we wouldn't do. We may give him that little stroll out maybe twice a week now and see how he goes if of course he finds it to much we won't.

She did say we have to give it a try to see if it may improve things of course it may not but we should try and then gauge how he deals with it.
Anne-Marie
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

12-01-2011, 03:35 PM
Originally Posted by Lynn View Post
Nadia the neurologist she has taken a look at the last two videos and was very pleased with his progress.

For now we are living for now and making the most of what we have with him and it is at the moment better than I had been thinking we would get with him I must admit. Nadia said Ollie does not read the rule book so he is very hard to give any prognosis on.
Just catching up with how Ollie is doing and was SOOO pleased to read this. Fantastic to see the improvement and also to know Nadia is so pleased with his progress.

Oh boy, have you had a traumatic time with him Lynn. Better than you thought he'd be must be like a million dollars to you right now

He seems to be improving so well, long may it continue. Thrilled for you, come on Ollie - keep up the good work!!
Lynn
Dogsey Veteran
Female  Gold Supporter 

12-01-2011, 07:15 PM
Originally Posted by Anne-Marie View Post
Just catching up with how Ollie is doing and was SOOO pleased to read this. Fantastic to see the improvement and also to know Nadia is so pleased with his progress.

Oh boy, have you had a traumatic time with him Lynn. Better than you thought he'd be must be like a million dollars to you right now

He seems to be improving so well, long may it continue. Thrilled for you, come on Ollie - keep up the good work!!
Thanks Am I cannot deny I hasn't been physically and mentally draining because it has. But we are getting there.

It is still hard work physically more so now but I think if he keeps doing what he is doing that may ease off soon. I will be glad to see the back of the rain and the mud too.

Nadia has been wonderful I am sure we could not of come this far without her and of course all the support from all the wonderful Dogsey aunties that have kept us going and still are.
Bitkin
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

12-01-2011, 07:22 PM
I am so pleased to read all of this, good dog Ollie!

Your vet sounds superb.........
Lynn
Dogsey Veteran
Female  Gold Supporter 

12-01-2011, 07:28 PM
Originally Posted by Bitkin View Post
I am so pleased to read all of this, good dog Ollie!

Your vet sounds superb.........
Thank you.

I was googling around the other evening as you do and came across the Bernese rescue site and guess who runs it ?

Not our vet (Nadia) but Jude.
Bitkin
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

12-01-2011, 07:58 PM
Originally Posted by Lynn View Post
Thank you.

I was googling around the other evening as you do and came across the Bernese rescue site and guess who runs it ?

Not our vet (Nadia) but Jude.

I gather from my Bernese loving friend that Jude devotes her whole life to the breed. She is clearly passionate about them!
Elaine
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

12-01-2011, 08:41 PM
It feels so good to see Ollie is making some progress

I know you have a long way to go with him, but when you see his happy smiley face..... it makes it so much better.

Take care and give him some more hugs and cuddles from me and mine, to you too.
xxxx
Lynn
Dogsey Veteran
Female  Gold Supporter 

12-01-2011, 08:50 PM
Originally Posted by girliebiker View Post
It feels so good to see Ollie is making some progress

I know you have a long way to go with him, but when you see his happy smiley face..... it makes it so much better.

Take care and give him some more hugs and cuddles from me and mine, to you too.
xxxx
Thank you I will. He is being a bit of a pain in the bottom tonight. He keeps wanting to go out.
twix
Dogsey Senior
Female 

12-01-2011, 09:10 PM
As well as upping his exercise a bit more could you take him out in the car for a ride or somewhere different for him to sniff around? I'm sure the change of air would do him good mentally.
Lynn
Dogsey Veteran
Female  Gold Supporter 

12-01-2011, 09:15 PM
Originally Posted by twix View Post
As well as upping his exercise a bit more could you take him out in the car for a ride or somewhere different for him to sniff around? I'm sure the change of air would do him good mentally.
Good idea but at the moment getting in and out of the car would not be so good unless we really have too. We did have a ramp but it broke so need to invest in a new one before we think about getting him in and out of the boot.

It caused us a few problems when we needed to get him over to the vet school in December.

That will be the next thing on our list again for him.
Page 113 of 123 « First < 13 63 103 110 111 112 113 114 115 116 > Last »