View our sister sites
Our sister sites
Our sister sites
Our sister sites
tombotha
Dogsey Junior

21-02-2005, 11:00 PM
Originally Posted by pete
i really dont have any experience of irish dogs so cant comment ,black tusker is behind most of dogs in my dogs ped but my dog might not be to your taste as hes not really like irish lines.
That dog pictured earlier in the thread (the Dublin red one) is my idea of an ideal stafford, how looks wise does yours compare?
tombotha
Dogsey Junior

21-02-2005, 11:03 PM
Originally Posted by pete
i really dont have any experience of irish dogs so cant comment ,black tusker is behind most of dogs in my dogs ped but my dog might not be to your taste as hes not really like irish lines.
That dog pictured earlier in the thread (the Dublin red one) is my idea of an ideal stafford, how looks wise does yours compare?
He is an Irish strain of staffy, but still looks like a KC dog.
pete
Almost a Veteran

21-02-2005, 11:22 PM

similar lines to my dog ,mine is still a pup so dunno exactly what hell be like at that age but if hes half the the dog of one in pic ill still be happy,
minty
Dogsey Senior
Male 

22-02-2005, 12:04 AM
black tusker in in my dogs ped through rellim black ace too pete

pete
Almost a Veteran

22-02-2005, 12:22 AM
hes in mine through eastaff gaurdian, tondoo miss moonshine,ginnels black tuskyana ,spartan victor,probably nearly all of the last 5 generation have come from him somewere in there lines.
Runstock
Dogsey Junior
Male 

22-02-2005, 09:40 AM
Tom, if you like the leaner KC Stafford I found when I visited the South Wales Stafford shows I found more of the athletic type KC Staffords around. I do not think you will find what you are looking for by visiting Crufts, one they tend to represent the more successful show lines and breeders, nuff said...two, you can hardly get anywhere near the bleedin' rings to get good views of the dogs on show

Ring John Holle of the SWSBTC and ask for advice, guys friendly enough... just a thought... there was a guy from the same club who used to favour the leggier type and promote it, Ken Davies I think, not to sure.

If you look hard enough and want one badly enough you can find the type you are looking for within the KC bred dogs.

Good luck
Doglistener
Dogsey Senior

03-03-2005, 08:21 AM
Hi All

Rather long thred. The Irish Staffordshire Bull Teerriers that I have treated in this country have all had American Pitbull in them.

One of the nicknames for the American Pitbull Is Irish Staff. I am not saying that all Irish staffs are APBT just the ones I have treated.

The word "gameness" means to test a dogs aggression to other dogs, in other words the disgraceful sport and I use the word "Sport with disdain of Pit fighting. How anyone in their right mind can take enjoyment of a much loved dog being torn and bloodied in an illegal dogfight is beyond me and only gets these magnificent animals bad press.

Stan
CBT
Dogsey Senior

03-03-2005, 10:17 AM
Not all Irish staffs have american pitbull in them and those that do its usually quite far back. Most Irish staffs are bred from KC lines and working non regd staff lines with a bit of EBT occaisionally thrown in for good measure.
Plus you get a lot of bandwagin jumpers who cross pits and staff and anything else and call them "Irish" but the name doesnt maketh the dog
Laura
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

03-03-2005, 10:57 AM
One of the nicknames for the American Pitbull Is Irish Staff
I was going to reply after reading this comment CBT but thought better lol
CBT
Dogsey Senior

03-03-2005, 11:17 AM
I know Laura
my eyes were rolling round in my skull so much when I read that it HURT lol lol
Closed Thread