View our sister sites
Our sister sites
Our sister sites
Our sister sites
DonDon
Dogsey Senior
Female 

04-03-2005, 09:35 AM
i started to write my post as you were obviously writing yours as the last one i seen before i replyed was DLs x
CBT
Dogsey Senior

04-03-2005, 09:37 AM
Stan if you continually come across as pompous then no one is going to be interested in what you say, its not a case of having blinkers on, its a case of not wishing to read through lengthy posts where your sole aim seems to be making yourself appear more of an "expert" than anyone else, the thing is your ust making yourself look silly because NO one on here is an "expert" (cept you of course ) were just ordinary everyday dog lovers trainers and breeders who like to share our experiences.

I would truly love to see you tell the exact breeding of a line up of crossbred dogs, because people in rescue centres often struggle to see what breeds are in dogs that come in off the streets, some that come in have so many breeds in them they can only be described as a mongrel.

If you can tell what cross a dog is just by looking at it then you must have a special gift cos the majority of us can usually only hazard an educated guess.

I have mentioned a few pointers which can help you tell if a dog has American pitbull in its close ancestry, but even these arent infallible as by its very nature, the american pitbull comes in many shapes and forms, you have the lithe muscular terrier working types, you have the big blocky types bred for size, and you have all the others in between. they sport various ear carriages, although drop ears are the norm, the rose type ears seen on staffies and irish type staffs are sometimes seen too, as are the button type that flop forward. The head shape is also variable depending on the way the dog is bred.

So to say you can tell a dogs breeding just by looking at it is a very sweeping statement to make and one I hope you never have to prove as it was people with presumptious attitudes and disdain for these breeds that got the likes of Otis the great dane cross and other non pitbull crosses put to sleep when the DDA was at its peak
Doglistener
Dogsey Senior

04-03-2005, 09:38 AM
Originally Posted by Laura
Nobody likes a smart ass Stan so dont try to be one ok. Like I said I am not even going to entertain this any more. These threads have been over & over a thouand times I am sure if you look back your questions could be answered. I really wont reply again.
Now how did I know you would do that? You can say plently when not being questioned as soon as you are then the "I won't answer excuse comes out"

Nothing smart ass about it they are facts and I knew you really hadn't a clue about dogs except your own breed. by the way I thought this part of the forum was heated debate?.

And perhaps you can show me where potentiaL legislation has been debated thousands of times? or where the true threat to some of our breeds has been discussed. No it hasn't has it? and it is such paramount importance that you choose say I am not going to entertain this anymore.

Yeah whatever.

Stan
Laura
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

Thanks
CBT
Dogsey Senior

why do you have to be so arrogant Stan?
cant you put your point across without having a go at people and trying to belittle them? like I said were only humble dog owners, if our company is beneath you maybe you should go elswhere if your looking for people to fall at your feet in adulation
katyb
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

04-03-2005, 09:44 AM
well some of it sounds like sense to me i thought all the staffy owners wer eworried about them being banned? i have yet to meet a staffy that doesnt try and kill max as you all know. i pray they dont get banned as in the right hands they are gorgeous dogs as i have learnt on here
Shadowboxer
Fondly Remembered
Female  Diamond Supporter 

04-03-2005, 09:45 AM
Stan, it is uneccessary to use invective, insults, and sheer bad manners to get a point across. Please considser also that the accumulated experience of Stafford owners here outstrips any individual's experieence, including yours. You may have read the books and perhaps trained a few or advised a few owners - the people here live with the dogs, 24 hours a day, seven days a week in many cases. They train the dogs, they know the dogs, they love the dogs, they are passionate about their breed of choice. You may not agree with everything that they say and believe, but at least have the courtesy to make your comments politely and to accord due respect and consideration to experience.

If you had not already realized, your posts come over as arrogant, insenstive, and intolerant.

PS I have no axe to gring as I am not a Staff owner - just do not want to see you denigrating the people here simply because they do not fit into your narrow viewpoint. I am sure you have intersesting things to say, please try do do so in a civilized manner.

A spluttering SB
Doglistener
Dogsey Senior

04-03-2005, 09:57 AM
I see I am arrogant and insensitive, pompous and non caring.

I retorted to things like :
OMG your supposed to be a dog listener....why not try listening to how ridiculous your posts sound and come back when you actually have a clue what the feck your talking about.....
Eh dont start on me pal. You came on and made some ridiculous statements and then expect us all to sit back and not say a word to what is complete s**t. I am not even going to reply again because you obviously are here just to stir things, if you were as knowledgable as you are making out you would never have made such ludicrous statements as you did.

Amen.
Thats ok then? others can attack but I cannot answer back, I asked Laura perhaps in a somewhat cynical way I will admit what knowledge experience and background she had in making these statement.

Has one of you asked or commented on the threat to the Bull breeds. No not a one! you are all to busy sneering. Has one of you mentiooned european interference in our dog laws has one of you asked what is the ramifications of these committees.

I don't think so, or is the eradication of some of the bull breeds less important than your sensibilities.

Stan
craig
Dogsey Junior

04-03-2005, 09:59 AM
i think a lot of what doglistner has to say makes sence, but it is very hard to tell what crosses there are in dogs just by looking, you can only guess, i have owned apbt's and now staffys, for about 14 years and i cant tell.
DonDon
Dogsey Senior
Female 

04-03-2005, 10:00 AM
bawbag!!
Closed Thread
Page 12 of 26 « First < 2 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 22 > Last »