register for free
View our sister sites
Our sister sites
Our sister sites
Our sister sites
CBT
Dogsey Senior

03-03-2005, 02:51 PM
never heard of a dog being barred from a pub before hope the dog wasnt under the influence when it was brawling!!
Doglistener
Dogsey Senior

03-03-2005, 09:40 PM
Originally Posted by CBT
lol lol the only way you could know if they really had pitbull blood would be to DNA test them.
Ive met a few chavvie "ard nuts" who say their dog is a pitbull when it is plainly a short assed staffie, usually its decked out in studded gear and snarling at everything that moves, its loons like that who give pitbulls a bad name
I studied in America for 18 months I know exactly what a APBT looks like. because I deal with dogs every day of the week I can tell any breed just by looking at it, and nearly every cross. It comes with the job and experience, can I also remind your your post in another thread.

yes thankfully due to that loophole pits can still come to the UK via Eire

laura I should have said decent pitbull breeders I know the ones you are on about and they are IMo peddlers who only want to make money and splatter the name pitbull all over the place in the hope if they advertise them enough people will accept what theyre doing and think its legal

I dont get it, I mean if you ran a cannabis farm you wouldnt have a sign at the end of your lane saying "pick your own hasish" would you? you would leave yourself wide open to prosecution?

I think these folks think theyre above the law, no savvy whatsover they sell to anyone who has the money, not the best thing to do for this breed
Did you notice your mention of Pitbull and eire?

Mini can't understand the one size fits all jibe what exactly are you talking about. Are you an expert on dog behaviour then? or just a gifted amateur lol

Stan
CBT
Dogsey Senior

03-03-2005, 09:47 PM
"I can tell any breed just by looking at it, and nearly every cross"

ha ha ha ha ha ha

thanks for a good laugh doglistener

are you by any chance related to that girl from Russia with the x ray eyes?
cos the only way you can tell for SURE what breeding is behind a dog of mixed parentage is to test its DNA so Im assuming you must have a similar gift? I mean to be able to look at any dog and tell its breeding thats pretty damn amazing!!!!!
Jenny234
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

03-03-2005, 09:51 PM
you mean like that guy on tv who was all for banning pitbulls and said he knew for damn sure what a pitbull looked like and couldnt pick the right one out!
CBT
Dogsey Senior

03-03-2005, 09:53 PM
lol Jenny,
nah, I think he has the x ray eyes as well as the superiority complex I mean hes an expert dog listener and were just humble joe publics what do any of us lot know about dogs tut tut
CBT
Dogsey Senior

03-03-2005, 09:55 PM
signing off for the night now, but i cant wait to come on in the morning and see what laura has to say about this one lol lol I think she may have a few gems in store for ye Mr dog listener
Jenny234
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

03-03-2005, 09:55 PM
stan i wouldnt even bother getting involved in the irish staff thread, especially if ur gonna come up with silly remarks like that! it aint worth it
eRaze
Administrator
Male 

03-03-2005, 10:21 PM
come on guys calm down a bit now please - lets all take a breather...
eRaze
Administrator
Male 

03-03-2005, 10:22 PM
and dont forget! Dogweb is full of nice people!!
Doglistener
Dogsey Senior

04-03-2005, 12:57 AM
Originally Posted by CBT
"I can tell any breed just by looking at it, and nearly every cross"

ha ha ha ha ha ha

thanks for a good laugh doglistener

are you by any chance related to that girl from Russia with the x ray eyes?
cos the only way you can tell for SURE what breeding is behind a dog of mixed parentage is to test its DNA so Im assuming you must have a similar gift? I mean to be able to look at any dog and tell its breeding thats pretty damn amazing!!!!!
I am surprised that if you purport to know so much about the specific breed you love that you cannot see what a Pit Bull looks like or other crosses into a Staffordshire, if so why not. Its not a great trick just needs time and experience. And don't give me the crap that you need DNA testing that for the idiots and the courts I am talking hands on dogs daily.

Why is it that you Staff owners think you know everything about the breed, you don't, I hear the rubbish about gameness and dog testing. Anyone who can do this has no love for any breed of dog it is just an extension of their own twisted ego.

I dislike any form of dog fighting I abhor turning dogs into canicidal maniacs and I get heartily peed off with the staffy owners that bat on about how good their dog is with children and people.

Staffies were bred for one thing initially, Bull Baiting, when that was outlawed in I think1835 they turned to dog fighting and it became necessary to develop a dog which possessed a longer and more punishing head than the Bulldog and also to combine strength and agility. It is therefore believed that the Staffordshire bull terrier was derived from the fighting Bulldog of the day with some terrier blood introduced.

I don't disagree that their ability with people is excellent, they are a brilliant family dog no doubt about it, and I do not understand the distrust surrounding these dogs and people. However I do understand the concern with these dogs and other people’s dogs that are not from a fighting breed. If you read Copingers book called simply Dogs you will see that dogs are born with a particular brain shape, that is not to say the actual shape of the brain, but the actual shape of the instincts that the brain fulfils. I could take the most intelligent Springer and train it to herd sheep but the worst collie would walk all over it and vice versa if I tried to train a collie to flush and return game to hand

These dogs are a product of instincts and drive, The drive and initial instinct of a Stafford is the Pit, you cannot say otherwise that is what these animals were initially bred for, and that instinct is strong. Try and train a collie not to clap which is the term for them giving eye to sheep. You could not do it. it is impossible. And if they never clap you can never teach then to do it.

What I am leading up to is some staffords fight other dogs and will kill them if possible all your training in the world will not eradicate this trait, you can stifle and try and control it but you will not get what’s called extinction of the trait.

Of all the breeds I treat on a daily basis the one I am called to see for interdog aggression is guess what breed.

If you had another breed of dog say a collie or a Tibetan Terrier given the knowledge of your chosen breed, would you feel uncomfortable with a Staffordshire approaching you? When you decry the people that are concerned about the breed try and put yourself the other persons shoes.

That is not to say that all or even most Staffs are canicidal maniacs that is not the case but there is a considerable percentage that are. It does your breed no favours that the Irish are bringing in illegal APDTs.

If we are not careful we will go the same way as countries like Spain that are going to ban all these bull breeds, the breed nearly died out after 1835 ban was imposed, if the do gooders get there way they will be banned and eradicated completely. If you cannot see that coming then take off the blinkers.

Talking up gameness and Muscle and strength plays into the hands of the ban everything brigade. Suggesting that it ok to bring in illegal APDTs from Eire does your cause no good whatsoever. There are people that monitor site like this to prove their point on a ban.

Wake up and smell the roses guys the knee jerk governments that act on public feelings are here and healthy and your dogs at risk just look at the ludicrous 1991 dangerous dogs act.

Carry on laughing at the likes of me, because you know so much about your breeds and see what’s going to happen. I was at a meeting discussing the proposed Animal Welfare Bill recently, where government officials were suggesting the removal of certain bull breeds and putting them on the dangerous dogs register, I was horrified. They were looking at other
“ European Models” for controlling what they perceive a dangerous dogs and were suggesting breeds like the Stafford’s were a danger to the general public. Rubbish but try telling them that.

Want to see your favoured breed disappear in a matter of ten or more years, then unless you start changing public opinion and to some degree your intractable attitudes then wave the Staffordshire a sad farewell.

Stan
Closed Thread
Page 10 of 26 « First < 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 20 > Last »