View our sister sites
Our sister sites
Our sister sites
Our sister sites
Meg
Supervisor
Female  Diamond Supporter 

21-12-2006, 04:22 PM
I don't have central heating on in the day either because its just packed up along with the engineer who is on holiday until January

No, I don't have the heating on at night and I have the bedroom window wide open too whatever the weather , and I am always too hot in bed (a lady thing )
Trouble
Dogsey Veteran

21-12-2006, 04:30 PM
No I would wake up with a thumping headache if I had the heating on at night, It's set on timer to come on before I get up, but the window is open anyway. I like my fresh air
Carole
Supervisor

21-12-2006, 04:36 PM
No ours is switched off at night. We all prefer cold rooms and usually have windows open. It is on a timer which switches on around 7am so the house is warm for the kids getting up for school in the morning.
madmare
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

21-12-2006, 04:39 PM
Mine is on at night during a cold snap like this, although i do turn the thermostat down at night to 15*.
If I don't have it on a little i wake up shivering and my feet like blocks of ice, but then i don't havea OH to keep me warm only my JRT and he hates being cold to.
BrandieSnap
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

21-12-2006, 04:42 PM
I don't have mine on at night, I just pile up the duvets. I would get too hot with it on over night and I wouldn't want it left on for that long either
Trixybird
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

21-12-2006, 05:12 PM
Don't normally leave it on as it gives us all a thumping headache... but it remained on last night as it was so so cold.
Trish
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

21-12-2006, 05:34 PM
Our heating is off at night, gives us both a headache.
Wolfie
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

21-12-2006, 05:46 PM
You lucky things, I have to have my heating on at night as I then have to endure twisty face whinging all night that's he's freezing I do get some of my own way though, I have the bedroom window open on my side

It does get bloody cold here at night though (and during the day come to think of it ). Living out in the sticks does have it's dis-advantages
Helena54
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

21-12-2006, 05:49 PM
Day and night here at the moment. When we had the new combi boiler fitted a couple of years ago, the installer chap told me if it gets down to freezing, to leave it on constant, and that way it's a lot cheaper than asking it to heat up a cold house in the mornings, so for the past few days it's been on day and night, only low (about 3 or 4 and it goes up to 9) but the house is lovely and warm, plus the old coal fire roaring of course, wouldn't be without that!
tawneywolf
Female  Gold Supporter 

21-12-2006, 06:44 PM
I have my nice open fire lit at the moment and the house is really really warm, it get so hot that I have to let the fire die down about 10pm otherwise upstairs is like a sauna. I have the window open at night anyway.
Page 2 of 4 < 1 2 3 4 >