View our sister sites
Our sister sites
Our sister sites
Our sister sites
tanay&alfie
New Member!
Female 

03-12-2007, 05:08 PM
Alfie has been a great addition to my life. I've always wanted a dog, since I was 2 years old, and I certainly waited long enough. I daydreamed all of the time about what owning a dog would feel like, and its way beyond anything i imagined. I love how Alfie makes me smile when I'm having a bad day, I've learned to not take things for granted, and I've definetly lightened up. I've become more outgoing, as I love taking ALfie out wherever I go to show him off I'm a much happier person!!!
youngstevie
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

04-12-2007, 11:56 AM
SIMPLE ANSWER: they are my best friends, who would listen to me so contently. Wouldn't be without them, whatever I lost, my dogs will stay with me forever They are beautiful girls
Hammer
Dogsey Senior
Male 

22-12-2007, 12:33 PM
When the intruder alarm goes off in the middle of the night at my school, attending the alarm call out can be a nervy business, especially if there are drunken scrots on site. It's dark, quiet and there's just me and my Maglite waiting for the Police to turn up (usually about three hours later).

However, since getting my Boxer, alarm call outs are much more relaxed. There's something comforting knowing you've got a big lump of muscle with a mouth full of teeth by your side!
emma-rose
Dogsey Junior
Female 

31-01-2008, 09:07 AM
For me my dogs are quite simply my family.

My husband and I have sadly not been blessed with children, even after years of treament, and my dogs help to give another purpose to my life. They are NOT child replacements in any way but give me such a rewarding outlet for all my love and give so much more back in return.

I lost my dad four years ago and my mum and brother have both emigrated abroad so my husband and my dogs are literally my family.

I cannot imagine life without them.
Petticoat
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

31-01-2008, 09:22 AM
This thread is so lovely
After suffering with depression and getting into black moods after losing my job... I got Jamie... I wanted a dog and researched getting one for months... when Jamie came into my life he literally made my world a happier and brighter place
Now i have two gorgeous dogs and despite being so norty, they make my life happy!!
Wozzy
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

31-01-2008, 12:19 PM
I've gotten much fitter and more weather resistant!
bens mum
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

02-02-2008, 09:19 PM
meeting new ppl.theres no such thing as a stranger when u have a pair of dogs eager to make friends. also exercise. think hes probally saved my OHs life after that brain hemorrhage when he was fit enough to go out, he walked ben for miles. so hes a life giver.
chazwaz
Dogsey Junior
Female 

04-02-2008, 09:34 PM
embarassed to say that when i was nineteen i had a staffy cross who i adored what do they say killing with kindness i over fed her and didnt walk her as often as i should of being a young mum and all i had to have her put to sleep couple of years ago she developed cusions it killed me and i felt like i lost one of my kids i was lost for a long time and the guilt was imense that dog would do anything for me then last xmas along came reg and my second chance to make up for trix the sadness is gone (still got her ashes on the side and think of her)but i believe he was sent for a reason so its two hour walks everyday the right food no crap regular company pet insurance and rules he is a great dog and i love what he as done for me (lost a stone in weight)and makes me feel alive and proud of what ive taught him and the knowing that when its his time for rainbow bridge i did right by him
Dale's mum
Almost a Veteran
Female 

04-02-2008, 10:29 PM
Sam made me smile. He listened. He understood. He was always there, always pleased to see me, had a wicked sense of humour and was simply the best friend anyone could have.
Now Dale has arrived to give me a reason to get up and out every morning. He's a worrier and has his hang ups but tries so hard to please, how could anyone not love him? I simply can't imagine life without a dog.
Trixybird
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

04-02-2008, 10:37 PM
They are dependent They make me get up each and every morning, they make me smile, laugh and cry.
They get me out, and encourage me to walk and enjoy the countryside, beach, parks etc.

My two boys are great therapy, they are the best tonic on the market
Page 7 of 14 « First < 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 > Last »