View our sister sites
Our sister sites
Our sister sites
Our sister sites
Anne-Marie
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

25-02-2007, 08:14 PM
After losing Ozzy I didn't want to get another dog, was quite adamant about it. I think Sid knew me better than I knew myself and understood I am not a whole person unless there is a dog in my life with me.

He actively persuaded me to get a dog sooner rather than later and I know now it was the right thing to do, if I'd waited I think I'd have ended up not getting one and regretted it.

Marius has filled a huge void in my life that I really needed after the death of my Mum and having had Ozzy PTS on the same day. There were a few days I felt like a zombie, lost a lot of weight and felt so empty, souless.

He came scampering into my life only 8 days ago, but has already filled my heart with a lifetime of happiness. He will never replace Ozzy and was never meant to, but has replaced some joy back in my heart, for which I am eternally grateful
random
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

25-02-2007, 08:19 PM
Getting Dusty got me to meet the love of my life, awwww :smt007
Meg
Supervisor
Female  Diamond Supporter 

26-02-2007, 10:24 AM
I met my husband as the result of one of my dogs.

I was running a restaurant in a large village, the entrance to the restaurant was through a small courtyard with a wrought iron gate and I had heard a handsome Army Officer rented the flat next door and sometimes walked through the courtyard. He was abroad a lot of the time so I had never seen him.

My little Schnauzer Bunny came to work with me and had a bed in the corner of the restaurant, she was quite an attraction. One day I was leaving work and fumbling to put my keys away walked straight into a man who was coming through the gate, we both apologises and went on our way. The man came after me and said he had noticed me and my unusual little dog walking to work and could he take me out to dinner, he crouched down and fussed Bunny who liked him instantly .

I was rather taken aback by this pushy man and politely refused his invitation . The next morning I arrived at work to find a letter under the door saying 'Will you come out with me tonight, tomorrow and every night' , later the man appeared in the restaurant with a huge bouquet of flowers and that was that!
mj
Dogsey Senior
Female 

26-02-2007, 01:05 PM
Having a dog around is just great they never critise you never complain if your late home they just give you there love unconditonally, and all they ask in return is the odd stroke,food and a walk bless

When honey was PTS last november my hubby vowed we wouldn't have another dog but coming home everyday and no-one to welcome you the house seemed so empty we lasted all of 3 weeks before we got Max and i wouldn't be without him. He makes the house complete he'll never replace Honey she will always be honey and he will always be Max but i love them both dearly. I'm so glad i got Max he led me here to Dogsey and i've made new freinds at a time when i needed a focus as i was missing the UK so everyone out there thanks for chatting
Anne-Marie
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

27-02-2007, 03:18 PM
Originally Posted by random View Post
Getting Dusty got me to meet the love of my life, awwww :smt007
Originally Posted by Minihaha View Post
I met my husband because of one of my dogs.

Oh isn't that lovely!!:smt049 :smt049

What a romantic story Mini, really enjoyed reading that!
safneo
Dogsey Junior
Female 

05-04-2007, 09:56 PM
Neo has taught me to appreciate my canine friends as more than dogs. I have had to learn about canine behaviour due to his problems. He is my soul dog. I couldnt part with him.

Saffy has taught me to be more patient. Also, I have learnt to use positive training, which has spilled over into family life too Not that it always works with the kids!
Fudgeley
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

06-04-2007, 08:42 AM
More fresh air exercise and all the expected gains, but also a sense of belonging to a big community of dog owners. You never get ignored when out walking and there is always someone to chat to.

Fudge has given me companionship and company and I no longer have to talk to myself as she is always at my heels!!
skjerstad
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

06-04-2007, 09:16 AM
A few folks have said here how their dogs help them with depression & / or illness.
I empathise with this view, I remember having a collie pup when I was young and spent many hours with only this dog for company in some of my blackest times. The dog made life worth living.
Now, as an adult, I still struggle at times with mental health issues from my chilhood years, but I know that the dogs are there for me, every day without question.
They benefit from the miles of hill and shore we walk & I know my physical fitness and mental wellbeing is far greater because of them.
It makes me wonder, when these dogs are so good for us, how can so many of them end up in rescue?
inkliveeva
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

06-04-2007, 11:50 AM
Its hard to pick just one thing eh ? I just know they will always be there for me, drag me from bed in the morning, give me a reason to live, and give me loads n' loads of chin licks mmmmmmm love it !
Olly
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

21-04-2007, 07:13 PM
My husband bought gemma for me as a sort of "reward" for stopping smoking ,but for me ,being a shy person ,she's done much more than just help me stay healthier ,when were out people will often strike up a conversation thro her,and that in turn often begins a new friendship for me , i think i owe her more than i can ever hope to repay ,but i'll have fun trying
Page 4 of 14 < 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 > Last »