View our sister sites
Our sister sites
Our sister sites
Our sister sites
Ramble
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

11-08-2006, 07:19 AM
awww Tania, sorry you went through all that, but what great doggies you must have.
Ax
Lucky Star
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

11-08-2006, 01:04 PM
Originally Posted by Tania
My first two dogs saved my life.

I have bipolar disorder and had done 3 rounds of IVF treatment - all of which failed. So full of hormonal drugs, I started to feel I didn't want to get out of bed ever and the bipolar took a serious turn for the worse.

I decided I couldn't go through it again and we got dogs.

Having dogs was just what I needed in terms of being maternal/needed. I love them all to bits.

When I am low they cuddle up and give loads of lovely kisses. When I'm up they cuddle up and I am soothed by stroking them.

I will never be without a dog in the future.
What a lovely story! I'm so happy for you!
xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
Anne-Marie
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

14-08-2006, 07:33 PM
The total unconditional love they give.

No matter how crappy you feel, how much of a bad-hair day you are having, if you are happy or blue, they are there for you - no questions asked.

If only humans were as compassionate, the world would be so much more of a better place.
Adele4dan
Dogsey Senior
Female 

14-08-2006, 08:05 PM
The staffy smile has changed my life the most. Im a grumpy b*tch but that smile makes me smile from ear to ear everytime!
Zetacharlie
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

14-08-2006, 08:15 PM
My jack russell has given me my life back...or shes made me want to go on living I live alone and have no family, she makes me laugh, gives me someone to mother, is such a joy to be with I thank God for every day since I found her
Tania
Dogsey Senior
Female 

15-08-2006, 12:20 AM
Originally Posted by Adele4dan
The staffy smile has changed my life the most. Im a grumpy b*tch but that smile makes me smile from ear to ear everytime!
We have a staff x inherited from my father-in-law - and I know that smile.

Although he is a bit of a pain, because he just doesn't understand other dogs - though he's barked at our pup, but never does anything worse.

you may be a grumpy b*tch (well you said it, not me ) - but I call him the grumpy old man as he takes himself to where the other dogs are not and he is 11 years old!

He was an only dog with a single man who could not speak for 2 yrs - every time my husband and I talk to each other he starts off barking - but when he gives you 'that' smile, you can't help forgiving him for being a grumpy old man!
Tania
Dogsey Senior
Female 

15-08-2006, 12:26 AM
I chatter away to my dogs when I'm working/doing domestic stuff. The number of times my father and husband have thought I was speaking to them are countless, but dogs don't argue and are happy to lie there gazing at you while you whittle on.

I actually find it a lot easier to talk to dogs than people. They always listen and give a cuddle when you're sad.

Much as I love my husband, having 3 months with him working away during the week, gives me 5 days a week of 100% doggie love. Though I wouldn't want him to not come back.
muttzrule
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

24-02-2007, 06:06 AM
Just one thing?

Well first, I'm a much healthier person. Moxie is my first "very own" dog, so I wanted to do everything right with her. She gets daily walks, so do I as a side effect! I wanted to feed her the best diet, and I became more concerned about what I was eating myself. Mostly its the unconditional love and friendship. Moxie is the only creature, ever, in my life, I have been able to trust completely. Moxie has brought me out of my shell quite a bit. Being such a people dog, she has helped me to meet new people and try new things. I have loads of great friends thanks to her. Moxie is the reason I chose the career I chose. When Moxie and I met, I had just given up on Vet medicine as a career. I was in school for English but wasn't happy. Moxie and I started volunteering at hospitals, schools and homes and I found that I was really passionate about the plight of disadvantaged people. I changed my major in school to social work and the rest is history!
Finally, my dog has saved my life, on numerous occassions. About 8 months after I adopted Moxie, I was attacked and raped in my appartment complex. I was living alone and away from home and had no one but Moxie. Without her, I don't think I would have survived that time. Also, I struggle with depression, and more than once, the thought of leaving Moxie all alone has been whats stopped me from taking my own life.

My Moxie is a very special girl indeed.
Ryan W
Dogsey Junior
Male 

25-02-2007, 10:43 AM
muttzrule: What a sad, yet amazing story you have. Isn't the love that dogs give us amazing?

Mine, basically gives me a reason to get up on the weekends when not receiving an education haha!!

Also, i'm a very lazy person - to say the least. Sn now he's had his final injections I can take him for lots of walks etc. And to different places I think it's true that you can deffinately go somewhere with a dog that you couldn't go on your own!
Tee
Dogsey Senior
Female 

25-02-2007, 01:27 PM
I remember this thread. Muttzrule, I was saddened to hear your story but am also very pleased that you have picked up the pieces and carried on with life.

Now I really can't wait til I get my four-legged friend because sometimes I feel down and wish I was back at home in Nottingham. I know i'd feel so much better if I had a dog here now. Nice thread this is.
Page 3 of 14 < 1 2 3 4 5 6 13 > Last »