Our sister sites
Our sister sites
Our sister sites
brenda1
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

29-06-2023, 07:50 AM

Tiddling Thursday 29th June 2023

Morning all. Yep it is tiddling just a bit but I will still go for a walk as it is quite nice to walk in the rain at times. Hope you all have a good day and everything works out for everyone that has problems or just have a nice day doing whatever. Margaret did make it over but was a few minutes late as bus was late her end, Good to catch up and sort a few worries out.
Sue L
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

29-06-2023, 09:30 AM
Morning Brenda. Pleased you managed a catch up with Margaret

Not on duty this morning but off again this afternoon. Managed to get Teazle out and do a bite of sweeping up round the back of the greenhouse and now it is raining. Shouldn't complain the garden needs it.

Take are everyone.
griff
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

29-06-2023, 11:04 AM
Afternoon all
Just rung the hospital to get booked on for surgery.....I think there's going to be quite a wait, I have an appointment this afternoon as I have a water infection...... again!
Steve's car has been taken to the garage, moaning about the cost but in the grand scheme of things it could have been a couple of thousand pounds, I have had words with him....seems all I do now is point out how backwards his thinking is, he bought a fan at £150 and is moaning about a couple of hundred quid on repairs.
Kazz
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

29-06-2023, 12:09 PM
Afternoon all just off to work done a few bits and pieces in the house and we had rain last night so garden happier.

Out tomorrow for a wander if weather alright with Burt and his human my friend Sue they are back from Bristol today. Saturday allotment and then garden centre with eldest niece she is looking at circular patio for their back garden when they do it next year so going to see some displays.
Sunday lunch or Brunch depends on what he wants with my good friend Dave who lives on the barge, catch up to see how he is. Also at some point need to tidy round the front garden and the back. Also finish the hall.

My plan also includes cleaning all the kitchen cupboard doors and painting an old console side table but we shall see cold end up reading a book. LOL

Have a good day all catch you later
brenda1
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

29-06-2023, 01:15 PM
For those of you that like to experiment with food:
This is what I made and cooked from scratch: My own recipe
Sweet Sticky Pork Risotto:
1 thin pork steak cut into small cubes and dry fried
with added:
1 large half tomato cut up
1 dessert spoon gravy thickener
2 dessert spoons honey
splash of wine
salt and pepper
all done in same frying pan with pork.
Add cooked rice from boil in bag and stir until thickened.
Yum.
tumbleweed
Dogsey Veteran
Male 

29-06-2023, 02:39 PM
well the water Butt was full but slight drip on the connecter into the butt. Hopefully that is now fixed but ordered a new flexable hose from downpipe adapter to the butt itself. the existing one always seemed a bit short anyway so the new one with clips will be better. New part should arrive tomorrow

The number of light brown slugs in the connector on the downpipe must have been party time
Kazz
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

29-06-2023, 09:35 PM
Originally Posted by brenda1 View Post
For those of you that like to experiment with food:
This is what I made and cooked from scratch: My own recipe
Sweet Sticky Pork Risotto:
1 thin pork steak cut into small cubes and dry fried
with added:
1 large half tomato cut up
1 dessert spoon gravy thickener
2 dessert spoons honey
splash of wine
salt and pepper
all done in same frying pan with pork.
Add cooked rice from boil in bag and stir until thickened.
Yum.
Hmm will try that one evening next week thanks
Chris
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

29-06-2023, 09:52 PM
It stopped raining here at 9.30 am so that's when we ventured out. The sun came out and it was a nice morning

Took Gary to the local hospital to have his eyes looked at again and to check whether the strength of prism is still correct for him and it is so he can now have new glasses with the prism built in instead of the stick on one he's had for a few month now. We've got to wait for the letter toWe come through from the hospital to instruct the opticial what is needed then I can book him an appointment, but, I'm having a week off from hospitals, dentists, opticians etc come what may

We need to get Ted back into a routine again as it keeps getting interrupted with all these appointments. He's teething badly at the moment and we've had two or three yelps as he's bit into his toys today. He's walking a little further on the lead now too and is slowly getting used to walking at the side of the mobility scooter. He still likes to lord it on my knee though and meet his fans at a decent level He has a Husky friend. It's quite comical watching them meet and greet as Ted is smaller than the husky's head. All in all, he's doing wonderfully well (apart from when he's being a monster when he's over-tired)
brenda1
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

30-06-2023, 06:40 AM
Aw Chris routines don't really matter to pups, they are quite happy to go along with whatever is presented to them. I always think that when a pup is teething and a bite down hurts it teaches them to be careful when nibbling fingers, maybe?