Our sister sites
Our sister sites
Our sister sites
brenda1
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

28-06-2023, 08:32 AM

Well tis Wednesday 28th June 2023

Morning all. Hope your eye feels better today Chris. Hopefully Margaret will be over this afternoon around 4ish but anything can happen in her household. Have been watching old George and Mildred. Felt sorry for the dogs in it this morning. Mind you I did wonder about a mechanical dog that was shown on there. Anyone remember the toy dachshund that barked and wagged its tail and walked? Those were the days. Hope all is well in your worlds. Have a good day.
Sue L
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

28-06-2023, 09:27 AM
Good morning Brenda. do hope Margret makes it to yours today

I too hope your eye feels better today Chriss

Morning school run done, Teazle walked and ironing done as the washing was out before six this morning. Hair appointment at midday and then school run again this afternoon. Ben has an exam today for the university course he has been doing for work so fingers cross all goes well for him

Tke care everyone.
Chris
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

28-06-2023, 10:39 AM
Good morning all

Very muggy out there this morning

My eye is fine today. It's just the injection itself that I hate. It only gives me trouble afterwards if they don't thoroughly wash out all the iodine when it's done then it hurts and feels gritty for two or three days afterwards

Sue, I really don't know how you do it. It would take me all my time to remember the itinerary never mind being here, there and everywhere doing jobs on the way. I hope all goes well for Ben in the exam. Is he still planning on moving back to Brazil or is it a wait and see job

I hope Margaret makes it over this afternoon Brenda. I know you look forward to her visits
brenda1
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

28-06-2023, 12:25 PM
Well it has come out warm here and the downside is it is windy so my windows keep takng off. I have them tethered but I still worry incase it doesn't hold. After 2years and 7 months you'd think I would be used to them. Yep I hope Margaret makes it over, been three weeks since I have seen her. I was hoping the post would bring a book that I ordered from ebay but nope hasn't turned up so contacted them. Have a good afternoon folks. Word for today: Anthodia for all you flower lovers:the capitulum in plants of the family Compositae, the involucre simulating a calyx and the rays when present resembling petals.
tumbleweed
Dogsey Veteran
Male 

28-06-2023, 02:01 PM
Chris

This is the first I have heard about my son Ben going back to Brazil. Nobody ever told me. Its come as a bit of a shock and very upsetting not being able to see my grandaughers grow up
Chris
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

28-06-2023, 03:14 PM
Originally Posted by tumbleweed View Post
Chris

This is the first I have heard about my son Ben going back to Brazil. Nobody ever told me. Its come as a bit of a shock and very upsetting not being able to see my grandaughers grow up
I may have got the wrong end of the stick - it wouldn't be the first time. If so, I really do apologise for any distress caused
Kazz
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

28-06-2023, 05:53 PM
Good afternoon all

Hope all is well and everyone is enjoying the last couple of days in June this year is racing by.

Work sleep and life has been keeping my attention but nothing for all that to report.

Griff any news on new operation date?
Chris Glad you feel okay annoying if the reason for discomfort is because they do not rinse it properly.
Sue Like Chris I am in awe of your ability to know where to be let alone be there.
Brenda Hope you are still chatting with Margaret at this moment lots to catch up on do not ever see morning TV so no idea on the dog
situation
Lynn Hope you are really enjoying your break.
Tumbleweed Wires could be crossed, I could easily of posted something similar, but I am sure you posted something about your lad/family going to Brazil yourself back in January this year. Chris's post could of been posted by any of us.
Sue L
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

28-06-2023, 06:55 PM
No crossed wires as I mentioned that their mother wanted them go back to Brazil in August for a year. Maria the eldest said no she would not go and the others have not mentioned anything. I do know that Ben has booked for them all to go and see some tribute thing of Queen, Maria's favourite group, in August this year and he ha also booked for all of us to see a show related to Stranger Things, a Netflix series, new March so I think I can safely safe they are not going
griff
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

28-06-2023, 10:43 PM
Evening all
Had a mad dash to Steve's, car broke down.... luckily 5 minutes from home but he had to go and walk the dog and I had to wait for the AA, he doesn't know how to report a breakdown on the app, infact the only reason he has cover is because of me, he doesn't understand why he needs it! Sent a guy from a third party, nice fella but not sure what he was doing..... couldn't sort us out so were told they would recover us tonight or tomorrow.....I called them to check what time and the fella arrived 20 minutes early and called me even though I had given the lady Steve's number, explained what had happened and when he got to Steve, he said that he didn't think it was the crankshaft sensor he told Steve what he thought, lifted the bonnet and showed him, the auxiliary belt had frsyed and cut through 2 wires leading to the crankshaft sensor! Muchly relieved here, thought I was going to be on the search for another car...groan. guy got the car started, Steve drove home with him following him and Steve gave him £10, worth every penny as we can both sleep without worrying about a huge bill.