Our sister sites
Our sister sites
Our sister sites
brenda1
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

18-06-2023, 06:50 AM

Showery Sunday 18th June 2023

Morning all. Yep it is supposed to be showery today but so far just humid and sunny. Hope you all had a quiet night. Lightning here and by the looks of it some rain but just for a change I slept through most of it. Yeah!! Have a good day and happy dads day to those that are.
Kazz
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

18-06-2023, 08:37 AM
Good morning Brenda and all to follow

Forecast weather wise for today her thundery showers not seen any yet and no sign of rain I may of slept through but you never know. Found it hard to sleep last night very very warm/close. Going to do a bit of painting today in the hall/porch. Boiled eggs for breakfast and then who know back to my book if noting else gets my attention hopefully in the garden like the three bears my criteria for that is not too hot, not too rainy but just right. LOL

Lynn Hope all your DIY is finished now, is Gorden enjoying having time for these sorts of things rather than fit it in between work schedules.

Brenda Are you a storm watcher or a storm living on the coast I imagine some nice storms to watch? When are you and Margaret out for lunch again?

Chris Even if the injections are forever the benefit from the surgery should be really good for you. So pleased Teddy is a liker of sand given where he lives LOL How is your sister in law getting on now she is out of hospital?

Griff Hope all is good with you and yours on this Fathers day are you taking your Dad out?

Sue Imagine your lad will be busy with the girls as its fathers day and he will be been spoilt by them at home. Or is the whole clan descending on you and Barry?

Have a good day all catch you later.
Sue L
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

18-06-2023, 09:12 AM
Good morning Brenda and Kazz

Enjoy the painting Kazz I too must up my game and finish painting doors.

Hope all you DIY is now finished Lynn

Very warm here. Washing done and on the line so hopefully dry before the next forecast rain. Very heavy rain n thunder in the night but I think I slept through most of it

Kazz the Autoglass centre was at the back of a shopping complex so yes I took a book and sat with a drink and a naughty doughnut. They said three hours but it was finished in under two and they also phoned and asked me to take it in as early as possible so all in all a good afternoon.

I have been binge watching a channel 5 series called Savage River. Quite good just one more episode to watch.

Take care everyone.
Chris
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

18-06-2023, 11:10 AM
Good afternoon all

Pleasant morning here. Quite a bit of sea fret so the awful windmills were hidden. Getting quite warm and muggy now though. Fortunately, the forecast rain and storm didn't hit this morning. Whether it will come in this afternoon is anybody's guess

My SIL came out of hospital a couple of days before the funeral so she did manage to attend

We were out longer than expected today. A - because we are continally stopped so that folk can pet the cute puppy and B - because the care alarm went off at Gary's flat so we had to contact him to make sure he was OK and then phone the company back to tell them it was a false alarm. This is now 3 times in the last two weeks and I know that Gary has definitely not set off at least 2 of them because he was sat on his sofa when they triggered. Hopefully, they will get it sorted out
griff
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

18-06-2023, 11:44 AM
Kazz, nope not taking my dad out. Last time I went out with him I ended up being involved in someone attacking someone with a machete so I will give it a swerve, also, I am not well and I don't really get on with him so don't want to spend time with him
tumbleweed
Dogsey Veteran
Male 

18-06-2023, 01:05 PM
the water butt crashed down last night and I realise what I had not done last time. I never checked that it was a level platform it stood on. This time made it with slight slope towards the fence, also metal strapped it to the fence.
Just in time as it has started to rain again

We had thunder and lightning last night
brenda1
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

18-06-2023, 01:09 PM
Just watched an old film called The Lion set in Africa. Watching it made me wonder how many of the wildlife is there now? Sad ending. Raining a tiny bit here now.
Lynn
Dogsey Veteran
Female  Gold Supporter 

18-06-2023, 01:26 PM
Good afternoon, brenda, Kazz, Sue, griff, Chris and Barry.
All diy done except for putting the (it was a tea towel and towel holder up which I hang all my beautiful pashmina's on that the girls have bought me over the years for Birthday and Christmas Gorden's various hats.
Plus my lovely wooden hanging jewellery box.
We did another dump run hopefully the last one for a very long time. We have been shopping and got some bits for the puppy, also some food he will be fed raw so needed to get some in the freezer as we collect him the day after holiday and don't want to rely on delivery till after he is home.

Sounds like everyone is having a fairly good day.
griff hope you feel better soon.
Chris I hope you get the alarm situation sorted.
Kazz
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

18-06-2023, 01:36 PM
I have been binge watching a channel 5 series called Savage River. Quite good just one more episode to watch.

Sue my brother has been watching that must catch up with it he is enjoying it too.
Kazz
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

18-06-2023, 01:41 PM
And the rain has started