View our sister sites
Our sister sites
Our sister sites
Our sister sites
footsieG
Dogsey Senior
Female 

22-06-2011, 09:53 PM
Dyson Animal here too, I love it, have red carpets and english setters and three cats , the one downstairs I have had for10yrs and the middle floor one I have had nearly 4yrs, never had any trouble with them.
Manyana13
Almost a Veteran
Female 

22-06-2011, 10:44 PM
Originally Posted by majuka View Post
As I mentioned above, the Vax 5 pet hoover is our latest!!! It is really early days and I wouldn't like to recommend it to you if I had to take it back to the shop in a couple of weeks as I did with the hurricane one! The online reviews were really good though and we were impressed with it (so far). They retail at £169.99 in Sainsburys but were half price in our branch just a few days ago.

I bought the VAX 5 Pet Hoover just before Christmas - it was half price at our ASDA, and after being through 3 hoovers that I just couldn't get on with (one which was a Dyson) , I thought I would chance it. I have 3 cats and Poppy who seems to malt more than the cats - the VAX is brilliant so far!! Our house is on two floors, and although it isn't the smallest of hoovers, it is much lighter and more practical than a Dyson when carrying/hoovering up and down the stairs too! Good luck
aerolor
Almost a Veteran
Female 

23-06-2011, 07:19 AM
Dyson Animal for us - mine must be about 7 years old - still going strong and very efficient. The only problem is that it is a bit heavy and I do have a Bosch bagged cylinder (also old) for getting into the corners and the stairs.
majuka
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

23-06-2011, 08:08 AM
Originally Posted by Manyana13 View Post
I bought the VAX 5 Pet Hoover just before Christmas - it was half price at our ASDA, and after being through 3 hoovers that I just couldn't get on with (one which was a Dyson) , I thought I would chance it. I have 3 cats and Poppy who seems to malt more than the cats - the VAX is brilliant so far!! Our house is on two floors, and although it isn't the smallest of hoovers, it is much lighter and more practical than a Dyson when carrying/hoovering up and down the stairs too! Good luck
That's good to know. Many thanks!
Kerriebaby
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

23-06-2011, 08:24 AM
Im renowned for killing hoovers...Have broken 2 vax and 1 dyson (all the pet versions) so I now have a Hetty and she is ace!
rough
Dogsey Senior
Female 

23-06-2011, 12:45 PM
dyson animal for us. brilliant
kate_7590
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

23-06-2011, 01:32 PM
Iv got a Vax Swift pet premium. I find it really good
lisa01uk87
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

23-06-2011, 02:05 PM
Originally Posted by Kerriebaby View Post
Im renowned for killing hoovers...Have broken 2 vax and 1 dyson (all the pet versions) so I now have a Hetty and she is ace!

sounds like me, i always manage to break hoovers and washing machines (this is why i never buy them new

i have a very old dyson and as long as you clean out the brush i find it works very well

ETA: i have 4 indoor cats and 2 gsd's one of which is longhaired
Page 3 of 3 < 1 2 3